**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus taking bleed damage?

XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★

Glaive is active...what’s the deal

Comments

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    I believe from the looks of the icon, its a node debuff? Usually node debuffs override champ abilities.

I could be wrong.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

I believe from the looks of the icon, its a node debuff? Usually node debuffs override champ abilities.

I could be wrong.

You're wrong, i never had the bleed debuff node from aq damaging my corvus so its most likely a bug or theirs another factor.

edited June 2019
    AQ Map 5 Tier 2 (after miniboss 1), extreme left path? If so, thats the bleed and heal block path alright. You need a bleed immune for that. I usually bring Iceman.
  • R0n1n1979R0n1n1979 Posts: 26
    edited June 2019
    Corvus does not take damage from bleed,shock or cold snap as long as he has his glove charges which are up
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★

AQ Map 5 Tier 2 (after miniboss 1), extreme left path? If so, thats the bleed and heal block path alright. You need a bleed immune for that. I usually bring Iceman.

I take this path everyday and never take damage before...it’s a bug
    Hehe I stand corrected.
  • WilkopuppyWilkopuppy Posts: 22
    I sent a ticket about this after the last update when I started taking bleed damage in aq when I hadn’t with Corvus before. Sounds like their position is if it’s from a node then his immunity doesn’t stop it, even though it always has before. I posted the response I got from them but it got taken down.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Wilkopuppy If thats the case does every champ take bleed damage there now? If nodes override champ abilities then everyone should take damage no matter what.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    This does appear to be a glitch in general. My CG occasionally takes bleed damage for no apparent reason.
  • WilkopuppyWilkopuppy Posts: 22
    edited June 2019
    Neotwism said:

@Wilkopuppy If thats the case does every champ take bleed damage there now? If nodes override champ abilities then everyone should take damage no matter what.

I have no idea. I’m just relaying what they told me when I asked why he was taking damage all of a sudden. It only prevents damage when it’s caused by a champion ability according to them. Pretty sure it didn’t work that way before the last update. I feel like it has more to do with how popular Corvus is and that he can get free healing if you have willpower and they needed to stop that.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Check bugs section first. Is a known issue with the timing of his ability, at the start of the fight.
    The debuff was programmed to do damage because his ability wasnt triggered in time

Check bugs section first. Is a known issue with the timing of his ability, at the start of the fight.
    The debuff was programmed to do damage because his ability wasnt triggered in time

Doesn’t matter...his ability is that he does not take damage from bleed debuff while glaive is active. Even if the bleed is applied first, when his glaive activates it would purify the bleed with minimal damage. This is a issue that was not part of the patch update and needs to be addressed.

Neotwism said:

I have no idea. I’m just relaying what they told me when I asked why he was taking damage all of a sudden. It only prevents damage when it’s caused by a champion ability according to them. Pretty sure it didn’t work that way before the last update. I feel like it has more to do with how popular Corvus is and that he can get free healing if you have willpower and they needed to stop that.
    This was AQ which had heal block on. Don’t think willpower is issue. Champs can get heal from a non-dot debuff currently.
    XSquad said:

Doesn’t matter...his ability is that he does not take damage from bleed debuff while glaive is active. Even if the bleed is applied first, when his glaive activates it would purify the bleed with minimal damage. This is a issue that was not part of the patch update and needs to be addressed.
    When the debuff triggered, the glaives immunity ability wasnt there yet. If the debuff is applied after it would deal no damage, and if it was applied before that, it would be purified as you said.
    Thats why Glaives immunity needs to take priorization here. It needs to trigger before the debuff, so it needs to be working moments before the start of the fight. If both trigger at the same time, the debuff bypasses his ability.
    The issue is that the timing of the activation isn't consistent, and sometimes it doesnt take priorization ober the debuff
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    @will-o-wisp if that’s the case where glaive is being applied after the bleed, shouldn’t his ability that “removes all bleed and shock currently active on Corvus, dealing x damage per debuff whenever his glaive is either turned off or reapplied” be taking place?
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    It has been bugged like this for ages, sometimes he takes Bleed and Coldsnap damage, I don't think the mods here have even addressed this, would be nice if they did

@will-o-wisp if that’s the case where glaive is being applied after the bleed, shouldn’t his ability that “removes all bleed and shock currently active on Corvus, dealing x damage per debuff whenever his glaive is either turned off or reapplied” be taking place?

That would happen if the debuff was being triggered before the glaives immunity. But in this case, they both trigger at the same time, and thats the issue.
    Is like if Glaives Immunity ability didnt existed in the first place, at the start of the fight. Thats how the debuff is able to bypass it.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

That would happen if the debuff was being triggered before the glaives immunity. But in this case, they both trigger at the same time, and thats the issue.
    Is like if Glaives Immunity ability didnt existed in the first place, at the start of the fight. Thats how the debuff is able to bypass it.
    Then it’s a bug because while glaive charges are up he takes no bleed damage
    Kobster84 said:

That's the thing. They weren't when the bleed was being triggered.

Kobster84 said:

It doesn’t matter when the glances are active he takes no bleed damage so them activating at the same time is a bug if he takes damage
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

It doesn’t matter when the glances are active he takes no bleed damage so them activating at the same time is a bug if he takes damage
    The bug is the ability not being triggered first, making the debuff applied next to cause no damage.
    If the debuff will cause damage or not and be purified or not, is determined according to glaive's immunity. Is programmed from there, it doesn't change how it will act mid process (if it did, it would be something like a DoT ability causing no damage in the first moments, then start to causing damage for some reason (excluding indestructible abilities from the opponent)).
    edited June 2019

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

The bug is the ability not being triggered first, making the debuff applied next to cause no damage.
    If the debuff will cause damage or not and be purified or not, is determined according to glaive's immunity. Is programmed from there, it doesn't change how it will act mid process (if it did, it would be something like a DoT ability causing no damage in the first moments, then start to causing damage for some reason (excluding indestructible abilities from the opponent)).
    Please do not spam this discussion with speculation. The developers will determine cause and corrective action. If you agree it’s a bug then let’s leave it at that.
    It's an open and civil discussion for now. I'm just explaining what's happening.
    If you didn't want it to be spammed you shouldn't even created it. There are others threads for this already, just search for them.
  • mrTequilasmrTequilas Posts: 31
    Where is kabam on this matter?? I also use corvus in aq and it is annoying

It's an open and civil discussion for now. I'm just explaining what's happening.
    If you didn't want it to be spammed you shouldn't even created it. There are others threads for this already, just search for them.

My mistake, you are right. Your contributions to the forum is extensive and appreciated.
    Btw, I just checked the search and it appears mine is bugged. I have sent this to the team and will let you know when it is resolved. It appears the bug is caused by the search function ability working before I click search instead of after.

Then it's on your end, is working fine for me.
    It's fine if you don't know how an ability works exactly, just don't come here denying the explanations of it

It's fine if you don't know how an ability works exactly, just don't come here denying the explanations of it

It still is a bug how corvus is taking damage
    It’s a rare bug but super annoying when it happens
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    There is an issue they're gathering info on. One of the theories is that the Bleed starts at the beginning of the Fight, so Glaive doesn't counter it yet. There are a number of Buffs that start at the beginning, and some that start after the Fight begins. In any event, there are Threads open for gathering info on this. Probably best to add it there.
    edited June 2019

Not denying, just not confirming your explanation. Because it’s bugged. Everything else is speculation
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    How does ones Avatar end up behind bars? I honestly don't know...I didn't see it in the forum rules. I've been warned before, am I behind them now?

I was just about to try that bleed path with Corvus (newly acquired), but these posts has me thinking not.