**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    No you can't. There are 4 gated paths.
    So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
    If its unreasonable, by extension you don't have the roster 🤷‍♂️
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
    Yeah I totally don't have the roster. 31 6*s and 121 5*s just isn't cutting it.
    I fail to see how you can have 31 6*s and 121 5*s and not have a champ to handle it.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    xNig said:

I fail to see how you can have 31 6*s and 121 5*s and not have a champ to handle it.
    Have you tried it yet? r5 and hard hitting r4 champs trigger the 3% crit incinerate. Needing to bring three chaps just to beat the boss leaves you forced to bring r3 champs for the gated paths. That's really bad map design.

They made a map to counter Corvus and Ghost and in the process made one that most champs can't get through.

xNig said:

Have you tried it yet? r5 and hard hitting r4 champs trigger the 3% crit incinerate. Needing to bring three chaps just to beat the boss leaves you forced to bring r3 champs for the gated paths. That's really bad map design.

They made a map to counter Corvus and Ghost and in the process made one that most champs can't get through.
    How did you get so far in the game? Ghost THRIVES in that chapter. Other than the sinister she can take every fight effectively. If I didn't have a choice, I would've done sinister with ghost too. You just need to load up the team with 4 champs dedicated to sinister and take ghost to clean the paths out. And before you ask me if I've actually done it here's a video of my r5 ghost tearing sh*t up.

https://youtu.be/1A_UMDRg9TI
    You have 15 times as many 6 stars and almost 5 times as many 5 stars as me. Figure something out. I can understand someone with a sparse 5 star roster having a bad time. But yours is more than deep enough for this content. Forget ghost, are you telling me you have no incinerate immune champions out of 150?

xNig said:

How did you get so far in the game? Ghost THRIVES in that chapter. Other than the sinister she can take every fight effectively. If I didn't have a choice, I would've done sinister with ghost too. You just need to load up the team with 4 champs dedicated to sinister and take ghost to clean the paths out. And before you ask me if I've actually done it here's a video of my r5 ghost tearing sh*t up.

https://youtu.be/1A_UMDRg9TI
    Yeah, that's what I did for my initial clear. I'm not talking about the ungated paths. How, exactly, do you load up 4 champs for Sin and bring Ghost through the Skill, Science and 6* path? Thanks.

You have 15 times as many 6 stars and almost 5 times as many 5 stars as me. Figure something out. I can understand someone with a sparse 5 star roster having a bad time. But yours is more than deep enough for this content. Forget ghost, are you telling me you have no incinerate immune champions out of 150?

You need to read my OP again. I have ghost and void at r5. they don't help me on 3 of the 4 gated paths, which is what I'm taking about.

xNig said:

I fought the original version if that’s what you’re asking. You’re fighting the very much nerfed version in the current Live iteration.

Needing to bring 3 champs just to beat the boss and having you to bring other champs for the gated paths is the EXACT reason why it’s a roster check, for both depth and breadth. I still fail to see why, with so many 5 and 6*s, you cannot muster up a team to handle the challenges the map provides.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

I fought the original version if that’s what you’re asking. You’re fighting the very much nerfed version in the current Live iteration.

Needing to bring 3 champs just to beat the boss and having you to bring other champs for the gated paths is the EXACT reason why it’s a roster check, for both depth and breadth. I still fail to see why, with so many 5 and 6*s, you cannot muster up a team to handle the challenges the map provides.
    Ugh, you just don't get it. Making a boss that forces you to bring two synergy champs AND adding a node that makes most good r5 and r4 champs unusable AND adding class/star gates is a terrible design.
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

xNig said:

Ugh, you just don't get it. Making a boss that forces you to bring two synergy champs AND adding a node that makes most good r5 and r4 champs unusable AND adding class/star gates is a terrible design.
    Or, from another perspective, good design to ensure people clearing it has a wide enough roster.

Not to mention the boss can be done without the 2 synergy champs you mentioned. Only issue right now is the interaction between Caustic and Sinister.
  • edited June 2019
    Drooped2 said:

@Kabam Miike you literally just mentioned a champion in vision that costs actual money to get. He’s not regularly available in crystals and has only been available twice. Quake requires the perfect play style.... and the RNG to get her. Maybe vision has been offered in an absurd unit offer that’s absolutely bananas, but you mentioned two counters? Can you show me you beating sinister with Vision? I’m so sick of people saying “you’re not there yet, or patiently wait, the weeks months years.” If you’re RNG is truly RANDOM, I may NEVER get one of those “counters”. True randomness includes a chance I’ll never acquire those niche champs, which makes your content a farce. It shouldn’t rely on me getting lucky, or spending a Crystal opening whale amount of money to achieve the correct champs.

Vision has been a unit offer at least twice now that I recall so.the actual money line is flawed
    FIVE THOUSAND, AND THEN THREE THOUSAND UNITS LOL

cmon man lol

You need to read my OP again. I have ghost and void at r5. they don't help me on 3 of the 4 gated paths, which is what I'm taking about.
    Okay that's fair. It should still very much be possible with that extensive of a roster. It's pretty much impossible to one shot that sinister anyway so you should be fine taking one champ for him and whatever champs the gates require. It's not going to be cheap but where will you use revives and boosts if not for difficult end game content? Took me 8 20% revives. I actually agree that it's a little cash grabby but I don't need revives anywhere else so I don't think it's that much of a waste.

Okay that's fair. It should still very much be possible with that extensive of a roster. It's pretty much impossible to one shot that sinister anyway so you should be fine taking one champ for him and whatever champs the gates require. It's not going to be cheap but where will you use revives and boosts if not for difficult end game content? Took me 8 20% revives. I actually agree that it's a little cash grabby but I don't need revives anywhere else so I don't think it's that much of a waste.
    Obviously you can item through the boss, that's great. He's easily oneshot with the right team, which I've already done with r4 Gulk. Adding the gates to either make you spend at the boss or to get to the boss is just really bad design.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Or, from another perspective, good design to ensure people clearing it has a wide enough roster.

Not to mention the boss can be done without the 2 synergy champs you mentioned. Only issue right now is the interaction between Caustic and Sinister.
    Having to have ONE specific synergy team is terrible design and the exact opposite of having a diverse roster.
    I used a r4 unduped captain marvel. I know people that used r4 medusa and hyperion. Please understand that not every fight needs to be a one shot on day one. Maybe a few months down the line we will get a character that can deal with every aspect of this fight perfectly. The choice at hand is whether you want to power through by using a few recurring consumables for some extremely non recurring rank up rewards now when they are most relevant or wait for those few months to do it for free and lose relative value on the rewards. Its always a matter of choice especially the more "end game" you become. This is why most people complain about lack of content. You want to finish everything the moment it lands. It's unnecessary. Sure, if you can do it, more power to you. But if you can't, take your time with it. There's no point complaining because historically kabam hasn't made changes to content they released based on "it's too hard" whining. If you've finished everything else in the game, you have until 6.3 drops to explore it. Think about it calmly, figure out what champs are best and beat it. Alternatively, you could ask for suggestions here but whining won't get you anywhere. It's not going to complete 6.2 for you and its not going to get it nerfed for you either.

Obviously you can item through the boss, that's great. He's easily oneshot with the right team, which I've already done with r4 Gulk. Adding the gates to either make you spend at the boss or to get to the boss is just really bad design.
    Which gates are making you spend to get to the boss?
    It's not wroth discussing it further TBH. You just don't get it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Having to have ONE specific synergy team is terrible design and the exact opposite of having a diverse roster.
    Diversity has never been a principle that was needed for Storymode. While it might be wise to have as many Champs as possible so as to face anything that comes, it's not an inherent part of making content. In fact, it's pretty much a requirement to limit what people can use to make it sufficiently difficult. Then there's the whole aspect of separating Players by progress.

What I don't get is how you're stuck with over 150 usable champions. But until you elaborate no one is going to be able to help you.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Diversity has never been a principle that was needed for Storymode. While it might be wise to have as many Champs as possible so as to face anything that comes, it's not an inherent part of making content. In fact, it's pretty much a requirement to limit what people can use to make it sufficiently difficult. Then there's the whole aspect of separating Players by progress.
    What? Story is the most diversity intensive game mode. Every other quest requires you to have a different champion that's effective. Very few characters can deal with large chunks of story content by themselves.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    For anyone that doesn’t get why you can’t get through mr sinister without heimdal + hela/Angela synergy you obviously haven’t fought him yet. You can have every champ available as a 5-6* except heimdall and you will have to blow through revives to get past him. You can’t just figure it out because there aren’t any other options that work and as far as the bug with caustic temper they haven’t said anything to confirm that it is a bug so for all we know the node is working as intended.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike vision does not work

saying that someone’s roster lacks depth because they don’t have the one champ required to counter the node is idiotic. This dude keeps saying the same sh** over and over smh

What I don't get is how you're stuck with over 150 usable champions. But until you elaborate no one is going to be able to help you.
    150 usable champs won’t do anything against mr sinister if you don’t have heimdall + hela synergy.

For anyone that doesn’t get why you can’t get through mr sinister without heimdal + hela/Angela synergy you obviously haven’t fought him yet. You can have every champ available as a 5-6* except heimdall and you will have to blow through revives to get past him. You can’t just figure it out because there aren’t any other options that work and as far as the bug with caustic temper they haven’t said anything to confirm that it is a bug so for all we know the node is working as intended.

Actually I don't even have a 4 star heimdall or hela. I still beat sinister. Looks like you haven't fought him yourself
    For the record, I do believe that gating is bad design. I'm just sick of so called end gamers whining on the forums about them needing revives. Where else are you guys gonna use them? Smh
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★

Actually I don't even have a 4 star heimdall or hela. I still beat sinister. Looks like you haven't fought him yourself

Then do you mind sharing who did you use?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

What? Story is the most diversity intensive game mode. Every other quest requires you to have a different champion that's effective. Very few characters can deal with large chunks of story content by themselves.
    Diversity in the same sense as War, no. When you're talking about encouraging diversity with respect to being able to use many Champs for the same Quest, that diversity narrows more and more as you go up in Acts. Diversity is not the goal with this content. Just the opposite, actually. Very specific Abilities that a few Champs posess. There is usually more than one option, but you're not really meant to go into it with just about any Champ. That kind of diversity ends around Act 2.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Diversity in the same sense as War, no. When you're talking about encouraging diversity with respect to being able to use many Champs for the same Quest, that diversity narrows more and more as you go up in Acts. Diversity is not the goal with this content. Just the opposite, actually. Very specific Abilities that a few Champs posess. There is usually more than one option, but you're not really meant to go into it with just about any Champ. That kind of diversity ends around Act 2.
    Right. I thought you meant diversity in the sense, that we have the ability to use any champ. I agree that the diversity in the higher acts is a necessity wherein you need specific champs per quest but the act as a whole requires a variety of champions.
This discussion has been closed.