**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    Does passive fury count towards caustic temper?
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Col66 said:

Does passive fury count towards caustic temper?

No.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

xNig said:

Buttehrs said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    No you can't. There are 4 gated paths.
    So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
    If its unreasonable, by extension you don't have the roster 🤷‍♂️
    Yeah I totally don't have the roster. 31 6*s and 121 5*s just isn't cutting it.
    I fail to see how you can have 31 6*s and 121 5*s and not have a champ to handle it.
    Have you tried it yet? r5 and hard hitting r4 champs trigger the 3% crit incinerate. Needing to bring three chaps just to beat the boss leaves you forced to bring r3 champs for the gated paths. That's really bad map design.

They made a map to counter Corvus and Ghost and in the process made one that most champs can't get through.
    I fought the original version if that’s what you’re asking. You’re fighting the very much nerfed version in the current Live iteration.

Needing to bring 3 champs just to beat the boss and having you to bring other champs for the gated paths is the EXACT reason why it’s a roster check, for both depth and breadth. I still fail to see why, with so many 5 and 6*s, you cannot muster up a team to handle the challenges the map provides.
    Ugh, you just don't get it. Making a boss that forces you to bring two synergy champs AND adding a node that makes most good r5 and r4 champs unusable AND adding class/star gates is a terrible design.
    Or, from another perspective, good design to ensure people clearing it has a wide enough roster.

Not to mention the boss can be done without the 2 synergy champs you mentioned. Only issue right now is the interaction between Caustic and Sinister.
    Having to have ONE specific synergy team is terrible design and the exact opposite of having a diverse roster.
    Sigh. Again, I have listed at least 6 different champs who are;
    1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

You just refuse to accept them.

That ONE specific synergy team is not ESSENTIAL.
    Dont forget the shock immune. That shock will eat you alive.
    Didn’t have to add that. The current “optimal counter” doesn’t have shock immunity, neither does Hyperion or Medusa that have already proven to be able to solo the right if they are highly ranked enough.
    Medusa can solo? If I missed the vid, please do share cause I don’t buy that
    Yeah, I'd like to see Medusa and Hyperion soloing Mr Sinister. Please, post the video @xNig 😂😂
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    The problem is not the node, or even the limited number Of champs that can do this.

The issue is it does not work as planned. Mr Sinster should not regen more than health than damage taken. If your hitting him without an active fury then he should not regen damage equailvent to receiving a normal hit.. the regen should be scaled to the 10%.

It’s not rocket science it bloody obvious. Yet we get stuffed with buggy content just because a single champ synergy can solve the issue.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

xNig said:

arsjum said:

Mcord117 said:

xNig said:

Buttehrs said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
    I fail to see how you can have 31 6*s and 121 5*s and not have a champ to handle it.
    Have you tried it yet? r5 and hard hitting r4 champs trigger the 3% crit incinerate. Needing to bring three chaps just to beat the boss leaves you forced to bring r3 champs for the gated paths. That's really bad map design.

They made a map to counter Corvus and Ghost and in the process made one that most champs can't get through.
    I fought the original version if that’s what you’re asking. You’re fighting the very much nerfed version in the current Live iteration.

Needing to bring 3 champs just to beat the boss and having you to bring other champs for the gated paths is the EXACT reason why it’s a roster check, for both depth and breadth. I still fail to see why, with so many 5 and 6*s, you cannot muster up a team to handle the challenges the map provides.
    Ugh, you just don't get it. Making a boss that forces you to bring two synergy champs AND adding a node that makes most good r5 and r4 champs unusable AND adding class/star gates is a terrible design.
    Or, from another perspective, good design to ensure people clearing it has a wide enough roster.

Not to mention the boss can be done without the 2 synergy champs you mentioned. Only issue right now is the interaction between Caustic and Sinister.
    Having to have ONE specific synergy team is terrible design and the exact opposite of having a diverse roster.
    1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Dont forget the shock immune. That shock will eat you alive.
    Didn’t have to add that. The current “optimal counter” doesn’t have shock immunity, neither does Hyperion or Medusa that have already proven to be able to solo the right if they are highly ranked enough.
    Medusa can solo? If I missed the vid, please do share cause I don’t buy that
    Yeah, I'd like to see Medusa and Hyperion soloing Mr Sinister. Please, post the video @xNig 😂😂
    Nah. Lazy. It’s gonna interfere with my run.

Like I said, the main issue is Caustic + Sinister interaction.
    I plan on trying your suggestion later today. I am going to bring Medusa with the royal family, use a cosmic 200% boost and a 8% boost and see if I can cycle her l2. I will video it and post it if it works. Only issue is I don’t think I can afford to bring a power gain synergy as I will need to bring some champs to clear the path
    You need to wait for the Caustic interaction to be fixed first because during the 6s downtime of furies, you might heal him quite abit. But seems workable. Just try out first, never know how it’ll be.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I'd love to see these videos of soloing Mr Sinister without the Heimdall Synergy...
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Werewrym said:

I'd love to see these videos of soloing Mr Sinister without the Heimdall Synergy...

There won’t be any 🤣
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Don't worry guys, dr doom will have fury, poison and shock immune, heal block, and no DOT effects. Just wait a few months, offer a couple thousand $$$$ and hope for your very own dr doom. Don't cry when you get a 4*
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Cmon dude. You're asking him to use revives. How outlandish. Each revive in his inventory gives his champions an additional 10% attack. Why would he use them regardless of how difficult the content is?
    The fact that you just responded to the post above essentially in agreement then respond next with this is odd to say the least. So you get the point being made, agree with it, but still make idiotic comments like this afterwards. Again it's not about spending revives, it's about game design that requires them no matter how well you play, barring having one specific champ.

And for the record I have a 6* Heimdall and a 5* Hela so this isn't an issue for me. I won't be doing my 6.2 completion run until they fix the bugs being discussed all over the forum. I just agree with those who don't like this sort of design. With roster composition 100% RNG based this just doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.
    I think it's a cash grab. I'm not up in arms as if this will end my time with mcoc. There's a difference
    Who's up in arms that you're responding to here? Pointing out the flaw here isn't being up in arms. As for your next post about this being the only way to create a challenging experience how come 6.1 didn't have this issue? Nobody is calling it the end of the world or an impossible fight, but we should all know by now content will continue to be pumped out with lots of issues and Kabam either doesn't realize the problem or doesn't care much until its plastered all over the forum. As I said earlier I have the synergy needed to get it done when I decide to go into 6.2, I'm just not a fan of the design and understand the frustration of those who don't happen to have the right specific champs since we have no say in the champs we have.
    There was so much hue and cry about the crossbones lol
    Mcord117 said:

benshb said:

Actually I don't even have a 4 star heimdall or hela. I still beat sinister. Looks like you haven't fought him yourself

Then do you mind sharing who did you use?
    Captain marvel. A sufficiently ranked and boosted one might be able to get him down in 2 or 3 revives. Took me 8 because mine is only rank 4 and unduped
    Too much back and forth but let me comment here cause this is exactly the point. 8 revives, maybe you shave it down to 6 on average times 10 paths is 60 revives times 40 units is 2400 units. If you are like me getting to sinister is itemless so 2400 units to just beat the boss in the second level because of poor node combination
    No. 2 or 3 should be more than enough for a r5 duped one. My cap is r4 and unduped and didn't have nick fury in the team either. And it's 2 to 3 revives now. Given time we will have more champions capable of dealing with it better. If it takes items on day one it's not necessarily bad design. If it still takes items a year from release, I'd concede its bad design. Collector? Absolutely sh*t design
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Can anyone solo Sinister without the Heimdall synergy? I haven't seen any videos of anyone doing it. If the answer is no, then I'm kind of on the side of bad design. Fine with requiring a broad roster, but if there is only one synergy that can beat it without items that's kind of garbage.

Mcord117 said:

benshb said:

Actually I don't even have a 4 star heimdall or hela. I still beat sinister. Looks like you haven't fought him yourself

Captain marvel. A sufficiently ranked and boosted one might be able to get him down in 2 or 3 revives. Took me 8 because mine is only rank 4 and unduped
    Too much back and forth but let me comment here cause this is exactly the point. 8 revives, maybe you shave it down to 6 on average times 10 paths is 60 revives times 40 units is 2400 units. If you are like me getting to sinister is itemless so 2400 units to just beat the boss in the second level because of poor node combination
    No. 2 or 3 should be more than enough for a r5 duped one. My cap is r4 and unduped and didn't have nick fury in the team either. And it's 2 to 3 revives now. Given time we will have more champions capable of dealing with it better. If it takes items on day one it's not necessarily bad design. If it still takes items a year from release, I'd concede its bad design. Collector? Absolutely sh*t design
    Also, she uses 20% revives like a queen so most of those should be free items if you space your runs out a little

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Can anyone solo Sinister without the Heimdall synergy? I haven't seen any videos of anyone doing it. If the answer is no, then I'm kind of on the side of bad design. Fine with requiring a broad roster, but if there is only one synergy that can beat it without items that's kind of garbage.
    I feel like if caustic temper accepted any buffs it would be a good middle ground. Or maybe include passive furies to broaden the possible options. You'd still have to deal with the poison and the shock and the incinerate from the global on top of sinisters fun and interactive kit. I think that'd be fair
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

It isn't essential. I actually haven't fought him yet. Got busy after I did the first chapter and after I saw all the complaints decided to wait a few days and see what people discovered lol. I haven't seen anyone say that the synergy isn't essential for a solo though.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Without it you have no options to one shot which is why there are over 200 message

Mcord117 said:

benshb said:

Also, she uses 20% revives like a queen so most of those should be free items if you space your runs out a little
    Please record a fight against mr sinister with captain marvel. I would love to see how she can take him down with 2-3 revives even at r5 fully boosted. Regen is still a factor and captain marvel doesn’t counter it. His regen rate goes up with your combo. Would love to see anyone take him down in 2-3 revives without heimdall/hela synergy. And they haven’t said anything about the caustic temper issue being a bug. All kabam mike said was he has the team looking in to it and hasn’t said anything about it since.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Why aren't you also addressing the shock? Poison ans fury is great but it doesn't help with the shock.

Who are the champs that are poison immune, produce fury and either are shock immune or passive dot resistant?
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Why aren't you also addressing the shock? Poison ans fury is great but it doesn't help with the shock.

Who are the champs that are poison immune, produce fury and either are shock immune or passive dot resistant?
    How is that one synergy not essential? Lol for anyone claiming that this is a fair fight and everyone here is just whining about it for no reason post a video of a full takedown without the heimdall/hela synergy or just don’t say anything. We know it can be done with enough revives would just like to see how much of breeze it is for y’all.

Without it you have no options to one shot which is why there are over 200 message

Mcord117 said:

benshb said:

Please record a fight against mr sinister with captain marvel. I would love to see how she can take him down with 2-3 revives even at r5 fully boosted. Regen is still a factor and captain marvel doesn’t counter it. His regen rate goes up with your combo. Would love to see anyone take him down in 2-3 revives without heimdall/hela synergy. And they haven’t said anything about the caustic temper issue being a bug. All kabam mike said was he has the team looking in to it and hasn’t said anything about it since.
    Mine is r4. I'm a full T5b away from the rank up but she was my intended next r5 anyway. Once that's done and I've awakened her, sure I'll record a video. I don't have any plans of facing that sinister again till that point anyway. But my r4 was dealing about 60k damage per revive without the big boosts. So I'm fairly certain that the r5 can atleast double that with the big boosts. Maybe even more. Especially since the dupe ability let's you ignore everything for 10 seconds and just go to town. She actually does deal with his regen quite nicely via despair. Not that I was running it but if anything that makes my argument even stronger.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

How is that one synergy not essential? Lol for anyone claiming that this is a fair fight and everyone here is just whining about it for no reason post a video of a full takedown without the heimdall/hela synergy or just don’t say anything. We know it can be done with enough revives would just like to see how much of breeze it is for y’all.
    I went in with completion as the goal and I got it done. As far as that is concerned, the synergy is not needed. If you are willing to wait till you pull the champs, more power to you.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So after all this bickering have we found any viable option no one has thought of? The chap arguing the most still hasn’t proven a point. He used 8 revives to take down a boss. I got to sinister with ease. Barely broke a sweat, then broke everything else at sinister (I didn’t revive after he healed 10 times more than damage I dealt).

It’s ok to use resources nothing wrong with that, but having to spend 2000-3000 units to 100% 1/6th of a chapter isn’t what anyone is looking for.

Also having to rely on 2 champs with how horrible RNG is, is also asking for a lot. Prime example, I just pulled starlord 3 months ago as a 5 star, and I’ve been playing since January 2016. And I started playing when there were 18 5 star champs? Now they are over 90 in the pool. The chances went from 5.5% per champ to 1% to pull the champ you DESPERATELY need.

So after all this bickering have we found any viable option no one has thought of? The chap arguing the most still hasn’t proven a point. He used 8 revives to take down a boss. I got to sinister with ease. Barely broke a sweat, then broke everything else at sinister (I didn’t revive after he healed 10 times more than damage I dealt).

It’s ok to use resources nothing wrong with that, but having to spend 2000-3000 units to 100% 1/6th of a chapter isn’t what anyone is looking for.

Also having to rely on 2 champs with how horrible RNG is, is also asking for a lot. Prime example, I just pulled starlord 3 months ago as a 5 star, and I’ve been playing since January 2016. And I started playing when there were 18 5 star champs? Now they are over 90 in the pool. The chances went from 5.5% per champ to 1% to pull the champ you DESPERATELY need.

You know what? Don't use revives. Don't finish content. I could care less. Put those revives in your will while you're at it
This discussion has been closed.