**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Mcord117 said:

the only purpose to the restriction is to force spending. they will not lift it, there is a far better chance they adjust the nodes

No. The purpose of restrictions is to funnel the demographic getting through to those who have a breadth of progress that is appropriate for the Resources earned.
    So I guess you didn't read what I just wrote🤣 what counts as "breadth of progress"?
    Ok then. Let me rephrase. Far enough along. Lol.
    I just finished work and I can't words. XD
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Please remove this node

Mcord117 said:

the only purpose to the restriction is to force spending. they will not lift it, there is a far better chance they adjust the nodes

No. The purpose of restrictions is to funnel the demographic getting through to those who have a breadth of progress that is appropriate for the Resources earned.
    I wouldn’t lean on the demographic argument, as this is a technical gameplay feature that is broken. Now, if there was a gate in front of Sinister stating you need 4 6* science champions in your roster, it’d be a different dialogue.
    That's because this isn't a restriction perse. It's a Boss that requires a certain type of counter.
    I'm not derailing. I'm talking about what we're discussing here. Derailing doesn't consititue saying something you disagree with.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike this is the hardest fight in the whole game
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★

benshb said:

Mcord117 said:

So I guess you didn't read what I just wrote🤣 what counts as "breadth of progress"?
    No, I understood it, but I'm really interested what progress counts for you as far enough?
    benshb said:

benshb said:

Mcord117 said:

No, I understood it, but I'm really interested what progress counts for you as far enough?
    Well, it's not what I feel is enough personally. It is more likely as upper crust as possible. The game itself will shift when they're introduced into the system, in a number of ways. Releasing them at a level too low will seriously affect the balance.
    edited June 2019

If that was the case, or if it was like they tried to justify when the news of the 4* ban came out that it was because the content was too difficult (good ol' Kabam always looking out for the player), then it would be a PI gate and not a star gate. A maxed 4* is just as effective as a R3 5*, and take similar amounts of resources to “progress”. But it's simply a cash grab. I hate using that term so much, but it seems to be appropriate all the time. If 4*s were allowed nobody would be having a problem with this. But that was their intent. Make people spend to acquire champs that are no way related to your skill or progression. Just RNG. I wish they would at least admit these things rather than being deceptive all time.

That's another aspect (their comments). I should say that it's my own theory on the release of Resources, and not anything they've stated themsleves. I just took a step back and considered what Act 6 is building up to.
  • Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61

I didn't say anything about the difficulty. I was talking about the progress gates and the requirements. If people haven't caught on, they're building up to the release of R3 6*s. That's the point of filtering those who can get past it. So that when they are released into the game, the balance isn't thrown off completely. It's not just about skill. Part of it, yes. I'm sure some can that their best 4*s et al. and do it. It's in place to separate progress levels. I really wasn't arguing against the challenge factor. People are free to give their experience on that.

See, no one mentioned the gates. Not sure why you brought them up. Why not comment on the actual issues, like the bugs, or highly specialized champion requirements BECAUSE of the bugs?
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Restarted many times, finally just boosted and used R4 Hyperion and 5 or 6 revives to knock him down. Parry, heavy, until sp3. Took an easy path and had no issue getting to him.

Super annoying fight, it's a completely bugged fight and total garbage. Looked at 6.2.3 and it doesn't look better. The health of all the champs is like 350k. Ugh

I didn't say anything about the difficulty. I was talking about the progress gates and the requirements. If people haven't caught on, they're building up to the release of R3 6*s. That's the point of filtering those who can get past it. So that when they are released into the game, the balance isn't thrown off completely. It's not just about skill. Part of it, yes. I'm sure some can that their best 4*s et al. and do it. It's in place to separate progress levels. I really wasn't arguing against the challenge factor. People are free to give their experience on that.

See, no one mentioned the gates. Not sure why you brought them up. Why not comment on the actual issues, like the bugs, or highly specialized champion requirements BECAUSE of the bugs?
    The comment I quoted referenced the restrictions. That's what I talked about.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

Restarted many times, finally just boosted and used R4 Hyperion and 5 or 6 revives to knock him down. Parry, heavy, until sp3. Took an easy path and had no issue getting to him.

Super annoying fight, it's a completely bugged fight and total garbage. Looked at 6.2.3 and it doesn't look better. The health of all the champs is like 350k. Ugh

That's my plan as well but I'm waiting to see if they are going to adjust the node. Mod updates are few and far between at the moment though.

The comment I quoted referenced the restrictions. That's what I talked about.
    People are bringing up restrictions because they are artificially imposed as a result of the bug. That’s why I take issue with your stance. None of this is about gates or rarity restrictions. I’m inviting you to comment on the core issue of this thread, rather than sidetrack with an irrelevant train of thought.
    How does a bug qualify as a restriction?
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

Has this been surmised before? Ghost can't do it? I have an R5, I apologize in advance if it's been covered already. Post is to convoluted to go back

With enough revives yeah. You can slowly chip away at him with ghost if you parry/heavy and heavy lock him in the corner without phasing until he throws sp1 after which you’ll probably be dead.

People are bringing up restrictions because they are artificially imposed as a result of the bug. That’s why I take issue with your stance. None of this is about gates or rarity restrictions. I’m inviting you to comment on the core issue of this thread, rather than sidetrack with an irrelevant train of thought.

Perfect example: Ghost.

If the game was operating as intended in that fight, using her against Sinister would be difficult, but possible!

It isn’t, though, and it actually makes it so Ghost’s hits actually heal him for 440% of damage dealt. This is also true for any champion that cannot generate an active fury.
    And I mean any non-active fury CRITICAL hits. Every champion barring Crossbones can crit, which means 99.9% of champs without active fury effects will heal Mr. Sinister more than they can possibly deal, and this is not intended.

Perfect example: Ghost.

If the game was operating as intended in that fight, using her against Sinister would be difficult, but possible!

It isn’t, though, and it actually makes it so Ghost’s hits actually heal him for 440% of damage dealt. This is also true for any champion that cannot generate an active fury.

A bug is not a restriction. Anything that is bugged is not intended, and will potentially be fixed. A restriction is a requirement, and no one is forcing people to go out and do it bugged. Especially if you know it's a bug. That means you have a choice to wait for it to be fixed.
  • BudderBudder Posts: 12

Kabam, you still looking into this? Honestly, this fight is straight BS. Another case of Kabam failing to test content prior to its release. Let’s look at this fight closely. You need...

A Shock Immune Champion to bypass the Shock (Gulk & Power Control Champs work too)
    A Poison Immune Champion to bypass the Poison
    A Heal Block Champion to control the Regeneration
    A Champion with Fury to bypass the Damage Reduction
    Must be a 5-Star or 6-Star (Act 6 Requirements)

The only hard counter I can think of is Gulk with Heimdall, also needing Angela or Hella for the synergy (all as 5-stars or 6-stars, might I add).
    There is no way on earth a Kabam Employee could play through this fight & be like...
    ”This is awesome! A great, skill based & interactive fight that players will love!”
    Doesn’t make sense.

The only thing we're looking into is the Caustic Temper node. The rest of it is functioning as designed. This is not going to be an easy fight, and it's not meant to be. There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work, but this is going to test the depth of your roster and your RPG Knowledge.
    There are three champions which may be able to get this Mr. Sinister down on their own without excessive revives: Hyperion, Medusa and Captain Marvel (Movie).
    All other methods anyone has found require Angela/Hela and Heimdall, all as 5*s or 6*s. This is not "quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations" It is three champions on their own, and one combination of champions, where one of them can be swapped out for a few others.

This is not a skill based fight. It's based purely on luck and how much you spend on the game.
    As the forum rules state that only constructive criticism is allowed, I will offer an alternative which I think would make for more of an engaging and skill based fight.

My suggestion: replace caustic temper with bleed immunity and rage.
    This way, it is still a difficult fight, but there are actually a significant number of separate counters in their own right, if you play well enough.
  • Summoners,

Early next week, we will be pushing the following Bug Fixes and Changes to Act 6 Chapter 2:

- Fixed an issue where Backblast was activating when a Critical Hit exceeded 3% of the Opponent’s Maximum HP, instead of 5%
    - Fixed an issue where Mr Sinister in 6.2.2 was Regenerating more than he should be from Critical Hits.
    - Fixed an issue where Deadpool is inflicting Degeneration from Icarus when he should not be.

We are continuing to investigate a reported issue regarding The Champion Boss battle in 6.2.6 not receiving damage in his final phase when his indestructible charges have been depleted.

Additionally, we will be adjusting the Health and Damage ratings for a number of Defenders in Quests 3 and 4. While the difficulty of these Defenders is what was tested and the Quest was tuned for, Summoners are finding them to be more difficult than we would like.

These Bug Fixes and Changes will be coming early next week, but we wanted to inform you of them now so that you can make educated decisions on how you’d like to proceed.

Any 100% Completion Legends Runs of Act 6 Chapter 2 will be handled with our "extra" Legends protocol. We'll treat pre and post-fix separately and give out extra Legends rewards as we have in previous situations. We are still evaluating how that will be calculated, and cannot give details at this time. These will not take the place of those that complete their Legends Run after the fixes are live, but will receive rewards indicative of their position.

Compensation will be provided for those that have completed this content while it was in its more difficult state after we have investigated how many Summoners were affected, and how they were affected.

We do not have an exact time or date for these fixes yet, but will announce that after we have tested these fixes, and ready to push them live.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Summoners,

Early next week, we will be pushing the following Bug Fixes and Changes to Act 6 Chapter 2:

- Fixed an issue where Backblast was activating when a Critical Hit exceeded 3% of the Opponent’s Maximum HP, instead of 5%
    - Fixed an issue where Mr Sinister in 6.2.2 was Regenerating more than he should be from Critical Hits.
    - Fixed an issue where Deadpool is inflicting Degeneration from Icarus when he should not be.

We are continuing to investigate a reported issue regarding The Champion Boss battle in 6.2.6 not receiving damage in his final phase when his indestructible charges have been depleted.

Additionally, we will be adjusting the Health and Damage ratings for a number of Defenders in Quests 3 and 4. While the difficulty of these Defenders is what was tested and the Quest was tuned for, Summoners are finding them to be more difficult than we would like.

These Bug Fixes and Changes will be coming early next week, but we wanted to inform you of them now so that you can make educated decisions on how you’d like to proceed.

Any 100% Completion Legends Runs of Act 6 Chapter 2 will be handled with our "extra" Legends protocol. We'll treat pre and post-fix separately and give out extra Legends rewards as we have in previous situations. We are still evaluating how that will be calculated, and cannot give details at this time. These will not take the place of those that complete their Legends Run after the fixes are live, but will receive rewards indicative of their position.

Compensation will be provided for those that have completed this content while it was in its more difficult state after we have investigated how many Summoners were affected, and how they were affected.

We do not have an exact time or date for these fixes yet, but will announce that after we have tested these fixes, and ready to push them live.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Any chance mr sinister will get a change?
This discussion has been closed.