**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Namor Problem

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Let me start off by saying that Namor is AMAZING! I was lucky to get him as a 5* on not nearly as many crystals as I needed for Cull. Also I was lucky enough to have a Mutant AG waiting for Sinister or Havok that I used on him. He is BANANAS! Seriously, so much fun to play.

That said, I have a major issue with Namor. He's a monster, he's fun to play with AND he had monster prestige. That last part is the problem. When you make a champ who literally is everything (like Namor or Corvus), it destroys balance. I'm all for monsters who have ok-low prestige like Cull. On the flip side you have champs who aren't great but have such high prestige to offset (Thor Ragnarok, Diablo etc). It makes you think about your rank ups. When you give a champ absolutely everything, that's kind of game breaking. It seperates the haves from the have nots even more because it takes the thought process out of rank ups and puts the rest of the players who can't drop coin on him at a serious disadvantage in a game where prestige actually matters again.

Thoughts? Let's keep em constructive please.

Comments

• FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Hey! Diablo is awesome, just like Cyclops! You take that back.
    In other news I agree, but Kabam does whatever they want.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    He isn't gamebreaking, he requires a ton of ramp up
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Will not said game braking.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

No... he doesn't. Get to SP3 once, drop Imperious, get another SP3 right away, hit SP2

He's an absolute monster and at high sig he becomes a straight regen champ almost all the time with suicides.

He's easily a top 10 champ
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

No... he doesn't. Get to SP3 once, drop Imperious, get another SP3 right away, hit SP2

He's an absolute monster and at high sig he becomes a straight regen champ almost all the time with suicides.

He's easily a top 10 champ
    Well there you go, if he’s only a top 10 champ, there are 9 others on par with him, meaning this 1 champ isn’t such an issue.

I think they should just release a 5* SW pre 12.0 and let her blitz everything and show all these champs who the real boss is.

Well there you go, if he’s only a top 10 champ, there are 9 others on par with him, meaning this 1 champ isn’t such an issue.

I think they should just release a 5* SW pre 12.0 and let her blitz everything and show all these champs who the real boss is.

You are missing the point entirely. He's a too 10 champ to use AND #2 overall in prestige. Usually there's a balance between prestige and use, no balance at all here

Meh, there's a bunch of other amazing-god tier champs that have High PI like Blade, Quake, and DV. Not to mention that PI is such an arbitrary number that it shouldn't even be used for anything.

if this is the start of a shift of good champs also getting good ratings, then I say let it continue rather than end. Don't make people want to rank up useless champs for bad reasons.

Except prestige is still a big thing at the highest levels and it does matter. Other champs like you mentioned have high prestige but none on Namors level (2nd only to Thor Rag)