**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Explore Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts for Great Rewards!

Comments

• ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

Starting to think you’ve got something against me here Kabam. Not only am I getting a load of meme champs lately but even my rift rewards suck😂

Same lol. I've pulled 2 kamalas in a row from the featured and the rifts gave me 250 6 star shards and 500 5 star shards 😂
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★

How many of these are we going to be able to run? I heard 10 somewhere but don’t see how that’s possible with the current calendar and coral available through EQ

Apparently theres gonna be another way to get some
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Hmm.....today’s Friday.....we’re slowly coming up on the last two weeks of the EQ and the Rifts.....I wonder if the mods could spare any info today on what will entail for what’s up their sleeve for the remaining Coral 🤔🤔🤔🤔😎
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    This event sucks. But what else is new? The past few months have been terrible.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

DrZola said:

Was out of energy and seriously considered just quitting quest. Rifts and me...we’ve never clicked.

Dr. Zola

I almost did the same thing... It's times like these when I feel there's such a thing as too much rng in a game.
    Right. I get the whole “it’s unstable, it’s wacky, it has a lot of chance” concept, but how game-breaking would it have really been to make the lowest prizes like 1000 5* shards and 10-15 5* sig crystals? Not great, but it would make the 50% likelihood of bad pRNG not quite so painful. As is, it’s almost not worth the 1/3 refill.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Werewrym said:

DrZola said:

Was out of energy and seriously considered just quitting quest. Rifts and me...we’ve never clicked.

Dr. Zola

I almost did the same thing... It's times like these when I feel there's such a thing as too much rng in a game.
    You say that like if the game had no RNG we'd all be getting the high rewards, instead of the more likely scenario of all of us getting the low rewards all the time.

I'm not saying that to be flippant. There have been games without RNG with extremely low rewards: commonly referred to as extremely grindy games. But I'm unaware of any online MMO-like game that did the reverse, give out non-random fixed high rewards, and lasted for any length of time.

The baseline is low rewards and slow progress. RNG offers a chance to occasionally go faster. People thinking that it is instead often forcing people to go slower are I think being overoptimistic of what a game operator will ever allow players to receive on a guaranteed basis and not acknowledging the history of these kinds of games.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Good RNG, you get a 5* feature crystal....then bad RNG kicks in and gives you a Kingpin.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

How many of these are we going to be able to run? I heard 10 somewhere but don’t see how that’s possible with the current calendar and coral available through EQ

Apparently theres gonna be another way to get some
    Probably some "deals" that have them... but given how bad the RNG is... to quote Brian Grant - 65% chance of a terrible outcome, it will more than likely not be worth the cost.
  • GermycoolGermycool Posts: 25
    Take the risk everyone! Chose Unstable!!!
    Germycool said:

My strategy is going unstable for tiers one, two and four, and stable for tier three. Given how I value the rewards objectively, that is the statistically best option.
    DNA3000 said:

Germycool said:

My strategy is going unstable for tiers one, two and four, and stable for tier three. Given how I value the rewards objectively, that is the statistically best option.
    Actually, I sold my coral for everything except Master and Epic rifts. Burning energy to get a 3* AG in Heroic didn’t make any kind of sense to me.

Dr. Zola
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Germycool said:

Actually, I sold my coral for everything except Master and Epic rifts. Burning energy to get a 3* AG in Heroic didn’t make any kind of sense to me.

Dr. Zola
    Best advice. The rewards are not worth the energy in anything but the highest tiers. And even then the rewards are debatable. Certainly not worth any last minute offers to purchase.
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Germycool said:

Dr. Zola
    I always have energy at the end of the month, plus I accumulate energy refills I have to use periodically. Usually, I'm burning that extra energy running catalyst events, so in effect if I don't use energy on the lower rifts for shards and low cats, I'll just be using that energy on lower cat events for low cats period.

If you're always running out of energy at the end of the month trying to finish everything, I'd recommend skipping the lower two rifts. But that's not the case in my situation, and running those rifts doesn't even take real time since I can autofight my way through them without even looking at my phone just sitting there on my desk.

Lower champion crystals offer two separate advantages that make them not completely worthless. Of course you get higher tier shards for duping those champs, and it isn't an insignificant amount over time. But also I open those crystals during solo events for the rewards, particularly the boosts.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Germycool said:

Dr. Zola
    I always have energy at the end of the month, plus I accumulate energy refills I have to use periodically. Usually, I'm burning that extra energy running catalyst events, so in effect if I don't use energy on the lower rifts for shards and low cats, I'll just be using that energy on lower cat events for low cats period.

If you're always running out of energy at the end of the month trying to finish everything, I'd recommend skipping the lower two rifts. But that's not the case in my situation, and running those rifts doesn't even take real time since I can autofight my way through them without even looking at my phone just sitting there on my desk.

Lower champion crystals offer two separate advantages that make them not completely worthless. Of course you get higher tier shards for duping those champs, and it isn't an insignificant amount over time. But also I open those crystals during solo events for the rewards, particularly the boosts.
    I usually have plenty of energy, but I suppose it all boils down to time for me.

This is the first month I’ve touched Heroic in a very long time, and I did it primarily to grab coral I could sell. Things like extra units and an Ultimate were nice asides. But if weren’t for the coral, I wouldn’t have bothered.

Dr. Zola
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    Three runs thru master and one run thru epic. Sig stones, T4B frags, 1k six stars shards. Hopefully it gets better.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    4 star crystal in master.
    2000 five star shards in epic.

Great
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Werewrym said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Right. I get the whole “it’s unstable, it’s wacky, it has a lot of chance” concept, but how game-breaking would it have really been to make the lowest prizes like 1000 5* shards and 10-15 5* sig crystals? Not great, but it would make the 50% likelihood of bad pRNG not quite so painful. As is, it’s almost not worth the 1/3 refill.

Dr. Zola
    The tiring, annoying thing is you put in the time and effort on certain hard content, and come up with butkis. Sometimes it's like the login calendar is the only thing to get me to log in daily. Otherwise I'd just put the game down for a week, then maybe longer, then just forget about it. And even that is starting to wane.

I like the game. I like marvel. It just gets tougher and tougher to want to play. This is supposed to be casual and fun, but all the rng after 4yrs is really taking a toll.

The store format was much better. You put in a certain amount of effort, you could get your gem or whatever was desirable to you. Or you had choices for a few smaller things based on need. You can bust your butt all month and end up with nothing that you need to help your roster.
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    so...

did I win?

first time i did stable and got sig stones
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    monomugg said:

so...

did I win?

first time i did stable and got sig stones

You will get a compensation email.

• HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Stable Epic Rift
    1st run: sig stones
    2nd run 1k 5* shards.

I don't like rifts. Would rather use the coral to buy stuff at the «Coral Store»
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Unstable epic
    First run: 250 6* shards
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

2nd epic run. Same damn rewards. Honestly worked hard to get the coral shards and this is what my reward is. Why. Just why.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Most recent run 😁. Went towards awakening my Sentinel.
  • I love this game 😂💀
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    I think the additonal chances Miike referenced to reach 10 total are going to come from either dungeon milestones and/or missions. Can't really see where else they would come from other than purchase.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    str8 trash for me..I got 1800 t4b frag everytime I did master to the point I just exit and not finish..I see quite a free people getting full T4c and AG
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    bm3epps said:

str8 trash for me..I got 1800 t4b frag everytime I did master to the point I just exit and not finish..I see quite a free people getting full T4c and AG

I see people getting featured 5* 6* shards, 5* AG and all i get is a sig stone. I’m honestly quite pissed off.