**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GULK

BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
Used 4-5 science rank up gem on GULK... what you guys think .. worth it or mistake ???

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★
    Like the rank up defo not a bad choice as has some nice utility heal block and power lock 70% heal from passive dot just not some passive dot like degen by 1.1 or 0.6 health is nice attack is nice
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Get the annihilus synergy and he does even more damage while face me is active. Get the capIW synergy and he’ll take even less damage from degen nodes. Even without those, he’s a ridiculous character and a great choice. I’m jealous! Wish I had a gulk!
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Rather than gulk i choose quake,modok,thing or human torch
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    I recently r5'd my Gulk as well. Love it. I just destroyed uc Abom in 50 hits, maybe 1% damage taken? His regen, if you can get good at triggering it, is stupidly amazing. Yes, there are better options. But really, it's based on the player. I can't quake and bake, so you can hand me a r5 max sig quake and I might get 3 fights out of her. Hand me a r3 duped Gulk, I'll go all day. So if you enjoy him and are good with him, excellent choice!
  • Physology101Physology101 Posts: 77
    Awesome! I am jealous. Good choice!
  • Darth_Caedus1Darth_Caedus1 Posts: 64
    Milan1405 said:

Mistake - gulk is obviously terrible. No damage and absolutely zero utility. Next time rank up a champ that counters annoying degeneration nodes or something

I feel like I'm being woooshed
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Idk if he needs it. I have a 6* and use him only for fights where his face me thing works. And as it gives a great boost in attack, he works just fine at r1 for me. Took rulk instead to r2, pretty happy with that decision so far
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Utility aside, he's just so much fun to play as well. Really feels like your opponent is getting smashed into the wall.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    C4ptain said:

I recently r5'd my Gulk as well. Love it. I just destroyed uc Abom in 50 hits, maybe 1% damage taken? His regen, if you can get good at triggering it, is stupidly amazing. Yes, there are better options. But really, it's based on the player. I can't quake and bake, so you can hand me a r5 max sig quake and I might get 3 fights out of her. Hand me a r3 duped Gulk, I'll go all day. So if you enjoy him and are good with him, excellent choice!

What do you mean, if you're good at triggering it? Is there a way to get it as opposed to the fury? I thought it was just RNG.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Ghulk is not so bad to be fair..
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    JohnHS said:

C4ptain said:

What do you mean, if you're good at triggering it? Is there a way to get it as opposed to the fury? I thought it was just RNG.
    I believe I've seen someone on forum saying it's somehow based on combo counter. In-game description lacks a lot of info actually, wish there was some place to read all that things
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    Bboychobo said:

Used 4-5 science rank up gem on GULK... what you guys think .. worth it or mistake ???

if it was between Gulk and unduped OG Petey Parker, I'd hope you didn't contemplate very long
  • The only mistake I see is bringing up Starlord to R5 over Starkey over there hehe
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    edited June 2019
    It’s a shame the first guy commented at the time he did- it’s a shame that people get to read that detritus before others’ reasonable comments.

I’d have saved it for someone like Beardo when eventually you pull him, but it’s not a bad decision. Gulk has decent power and utility, he does counter some degen champs...!
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    The first comment was meant to be sarcastic... just FYI 😬