**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Heimdall’s fury synergy creates a lot of options for the Sinister boss. Beta Sinister required 3 synergy champs for unboosted r4 Quake to get the solo. Switching buffed up for caustic temper requires 2 synergy champs compared to the beta. The strategy for that fight is the same, alternate charging heaving attacks with parry:

https://youtu.be/QYqVqxWL5RE
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

_ASDF_ said:

So you want them to nerf the Fight?

Nope. I already said there should be at least two other character options. Not just requiring heimdall and Angela. It’s unlike anything else introduced into the game. As you haven’t been able to show it’s like anything else.
    I agree. It's supposed to test our understanding of the different champ's abilities and allow for lesser used champs to be viable. Instead it tests whether we happened to have one particular synergy at a 5* or 6* level. It's a bad design.
    I don't remember that being required.
    Somehow people are convinced it's supposed to have lots of options and you can explore Champs you don't usually use, but a) it's not Variant, b) it's not supposed to be that easy, and c) that's never been a requirement for Story. It's supposed to provide a level of challenge that is appropriate for the highest possible level thus far. That it does.
    Albeit with some unintended bugs that made it harder that was intended.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

Monk1 said:

Somehow people are convinced it's supposed to have lots of options and you can explore Champs you don't usually use, but a) it's not Variant, b) it's not supposed to be that easy, and c) that's never been a requirement for Story. It's supposed to provide a level of challenge that is appropriate for the highest possible level thus far. That it does.

Are you broken...? Do you even play the game at the level we are talking about.

It requires no skill or challenge.

It requires you to be lucky and have a 5* hemidall or (once the fix the health issues) power through with units, as there is no champs immune to poison, shock and incinerate so u will just do some damage revive and repeat.

Yes everyone can have opinion, but if you are not affected then ou will not understand.

I don’t comment on act 5 issues causes I did it years ago so is not longer relevant to me.
    It requires no skill or challenge? Hmm....
    Pretty sure it does.
    It also requires the right counters. Which is another layer of challenge for some. What people aren't happy about is not being able to use what they want and having to use what's required.
    People aren't happy about there being one half counter and one synergy team that creates probably half a dozen counters out of 100+ champions. This dissatisfaction is compounded by star restrictions. You can't have star restrictions on the act, then further star restrictions and class restrictions on paths on top of 3 different nodes that apply 3 different DoT effects on top of one of them being passive on top of them being on a Mister Sinister. While I don't share the sentiments as l have the aforementioned half counter, I definitely understand where they are coming from. Also, you keep talking about the game economy being disrupted by these rewards falling into the wrong hands, yet these rewards are available only once. Almost all of the rewards can be consistently obtained from other modes in the game bar the T5b. And for most players that can do this content with 4 stars had they been allowed to, T5b is not the limiting factor right now and by the time it is, the amount they got from this piece of content will have significantly watered down value.
    Drooped2 said:

Monk1 said:

Are you broken...? Do you even play the game at the level we are talking about.

It requires no skill or challenge.

It requires you to be lucky and have a 5* hemidall or (once the fix the health issues) power through with units, as there is no champs immune to poison, shock and incinerate so u will just do some damage revive and repeat.

Yes everyone can have opinion, but if you are not affected then ou will not understand.

I don’t comment on act 5 issues causes I did it years ago so is not longer relevant to me.
    It requires no skill or challenge? Hmm....
    Pretty sure it does.
    It also requires the right counters. Which is another layer of challenge for some. What people aren't happy about is not being able to use what they want and having to use what's required.
    People aren't happy about there being one half counter and one synergy team that creates probably half a dozen counters out of 100+ champions. This dissatisfaction is compounded by star restrictions. You can't have star restrictions on the act, then further star restrictions and class restrictions on paths on top of 3 different nodes that apply 3 different DoT effects on top of one of them being passive on top of them being on a Mister Sinister. While I don't share the sentiments as l have the aforementioned half counter, I definitely understand where they are coming from. Also, you keep talking about the game economy being disrupted by these rewards falling into the wrong hands, yet these rewards are available only once. Almost all of the rewards can be consistently obtained from other modes in the game bar the T5b. And for most players that can do this content with 4 stars had they been allowed to, T5b is not the limiting factor right now and by the time it is, the amount they got from this piece of content will have significantly watered down value.
    Agreed I mean I have 5 and 6 star synergy teams but the path used 1 champ the boss 1 champ .

Could have easily 4 stared the other 3 spots actually a 4 hela could have done the path just fine too
    I don't know why they even give a mediocre amount of 5 star shards in story quests anymore. This is the place to provide resource available nowhere else in the game like awakening gems or beefy rank up gems. People can actually sit this one out for a while and not have their progress stalled one bit.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Heimdall’s fury synergy creates a lot of options for the Sinister boss. Beta Sinister required 3 synergy champs for unboosted r4 Quake to get the solo. Switching buffed up for caustic temper requires 2 synergy champs compared to the beta. The strategy for that fight is the same, alternate charging heaving attacks with parry:

https://youtu.be/QYqVqxWL5RE

While that is true both node combinations are horrible
  • ByEc3lByEc3l Posts: 17
    @Kabam Miike u talked abt compensation for those who completed the quest. but for example i stucked at sinister and used more than 15 revives. and couldnt beat him. cuz i ddnt have spesific champions. just cuz of i couldnt completed the quest cuz of game mistake i wont get those revives back or get the compensation rewards?
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Besides that sinister boss the rest of the chapter is actually fun
    Lainua said:

Hey guys, can you upload videos about your failed attempt against Mister Sinister? I would like to know what happened. Thanks.

You mean the bug? Basically, you hit for a tenth of your damage if you don't have a fury buff but sinister heals as if you dealt full damage. If you mean the fight in general there's so much clown fiesta that it's hard to explain. Check out some YT vids.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    bs fight this has gone too far specially when there's no 4* to bring synergies it's rediculos you need pôison+incinerate+shock+heal blocker+fury + it's too much no one would create such a fight if they where really testing the game : like i said before make mods do videos to show us how to do it with no synergies then we'll no more complains
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

I think you’re misinformed. Directly from the “Dev Diary: Added difficulty” -

“We want those Champions to feel rewarding to Rank and Level Up, and we want to continue to provide Quest content where you can see those Champion’s strength. However, if every Quest could be completed by the same Champions in the same way every time, the game would get pretty boring.

With this in mind, when making our new Quest Content, especially for you advanced Summoners, we try to encourage using other Champions and not always the “A-Team”. This can mean using:
    - Unique Local Nodes that require you to keep up your combo count
    - Testing parrying skills
    - Nodes that benefit a certain type of Champion

This is how we’ve been approaching providing more challenge. By using mechanics that encourage skilled play or encouraging a deeper understanding of the RPG elements of the game, and not just cranking up the numbers.”

Just because it isn’t Variant, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t explore other options. In fact, since it is permanent content, it should provide more options for you to explore other champions.
    edited June 2019
    Siliyo said:

I think you’re misinformed. Directly from the “Dev Diary: Added difficulty” -

“We want those Champions to feel rewarding to Rank and Level Up, and we want to continue to provide Quest content where you can see those Champion’s strength. However, if every Quest could be completed by the same Champions in the same way every time, the game would get pretty boring.

With this in mind, when making our new Quest Content, especially for you advanced Summoners, we try to encourage using other Champions and not always the “A-Team”. This can mean using:
    - Unique Local Nodes that require you to keep up your combo count
    - Testing parrying skills
    - Nodes that benefit a certain type of Champion

This is how we’ve been approaching providing more challenge. By using mechanics that encourage skilled play or encouraging a deeper understanding of the RPG elements of the game, and not just cranking up the numbers.”

Just because it isn’t Variant, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t explore other options. In fact, since it is permanent content, it should provide more options for you to explore other champions.
    One Fight is not the Quest overall. Yes, you should explore options you don't usually use. I've always been a proponent of that. My comment on it not being Variant was pointing out it's not a fun, little Quest where you get to dust off that King Groot. It's going to be harder than that. The comment they made about not just using your "A team" doesn't really imply using a large number of other options, certainly not for every specific Fight. In fact, they mentioned Nodes that benefit a certain type of Champion. There are more than just one, but that doesn't mean half your Roster, or a large number like "XXL". Is the Synergy the ONLY way to get through it, or just the one people have defaulted to? Fact is, there's only two ways to encourage people to use specific types of Champs. Additive and restrictive. This is the point in the game where it gets restrictive because it's at that level.
    Also worth pointing out that the Dev Post wasn't referencing Act 6 specifically.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    I'm not here asking for this to be made easy. I'm here asking for it to not be impossible without a single specific champ for synergy. I personally enjoy when content is difficult, but definitely not when it's clearly a money grab.
    *I just realized your Name. Lol. Unintended coincidence. I just meant it's not an exclusive club. ;)
    Drooped2 said:

Using the term Troll is not a form of disagreeing.
    Heimdall is one way. Is he the only way?
    The progress gates have to do with progression. The Boss Fight is not really a progress gate. It's a very specific Fight that requires a specific counter.
    People keep referencing skill, but it takes skill to do. You wouldn't get to it without skill. It ALSO takes a very specific counter. Heimdall is one way.

You are 100% wrong. It’s Heimdall or Items. Show me 1 video of someone soloing this fight without Heimdall, & what you are saying might have some merit.
    There's a fix being pushed for Regen, so I'll wait to see what comes up after that. If someone is making the point that you MUST have a Synergy to do it, I think it's a very valid question to ask if it's the ONLY way to do it. Is it, or is it just the easiest thus far?
    The fix to the healing will open up a slim amount of champs for cost wise but not sure will make it a soloable fight for many.

The auto damage back will take most down if you cant keep a 100 percent fury(only possible with synergy to my knowledge)

I don't think it's supposed to be done with many, I was just making the point that the Synergy is not a requirement.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

The progress gates have to do with progression. The Boss Fight is not really a progress gate. It's a very specific Fight that requires a specific counter.
    People keep referencing skill, but it takes skill to do. You wouldn't get to it without skill. It ALSO takes a very specific counter. Heimdall is one way.

You are 100% wrong. It’s Heimdall or Items. Show me 1 video of someone soloing this fight without Heimdall, & what you are saying might have some merit.
    There's a fix being pushed for Regen, so I'll wait to see what comes up after that. If someone is making the point that you MUST have a Synergy to do it, I think it's a very valid question to ask if it's the ONLY way to do it. Is it, or is it just the easiest thus far?
    The fix to the healing will open up a slim amount of champs for cost wise but not sure will make it a soloable fight for many.

The auto damage back will take most down if you cant keep a 100 percent fury(only possible with synergy to my knowledge)

I don't think it's supposed to be done with many, I was just making the point that the Synergy is not a requirement.
    Oddly not mentioned I'm seeing high rank xbone working. Easy fury no crits so no heals and shrugs alot of the debuffs to maintain rhe fury
    Cool. Seems viable.

I would like to see someone solo without the Synergy, that is all. No BS. Just to see some proof that it’s possible. Because without proof, you are just talking out of your a**. A single video would prove otherwise.
    Exactly what I said. Easiest way thus far. Talking about a requirement is not the same as talking about soloing it without using anything. Two totally different things. Not everything will be done without investing Revs or Pots now and then.
This discussion has been closed.