**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

OG Hulk in the current meta?

Now this may have been discussed previously and apologies if it has. My question is simple: where does OG Hulk stand in the current meta? With the recent buffs of She-Hulk and Rulk, and Gulk being a favourite of many, it seems the OG has fallen to the wayside. He had the Power Stone boost last month and that was a very welcome addition to the 'Strongest Avenger', giving Hulk the justice he deserves but without it he's faded into obscurity once more.

Many post that he's an excellent choice for the 5.2.6 Collector fight, but not much else is mentioned about him. Thoughts?

Comments

• WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Nope he’s old an irreverent
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Still useful, for sure. Not having a Gulk, I used OG Hulk and cheat death synergies for the Starburst path in Variant 2. Hulk is quite useful in both variants and his big damage when low on health, and chain stun, can be great for other areas of gameplay.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s still right in the earlier game, but once you get later on you need utility he just doesn’t have, the only endgame content he’s really a great option in is variant 2, he’s not irrelevant but he’s nothing special
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I mean he isn't terrible, he was never terrible to begin with. His beauty actually comes when he is below 25% health and he smashes. I have seen this multiple times in different aspects of the game.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 568 ★★★
    I wish he gets a relook, he was ok in the old state of the game where they considered not giving x23 not more than 5 stacks of bleed as it will make her OP. I mean cmon he is the hulk, in the current meta he should have atleast unstoppable and indestructible going for him at some point of time in the fight along with some more physical resistance and resistance to bleed not immune. Sadly none of this is gonna happen.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    There's a path in 6.1.6 where OG Hulk is the perfect option, almost tailor made for him.

Defender has a 50% chance to inflict poison when struck (Hulk is immune). All classes but science reduce attack by %50 (Hulk is science). If attacker has no fury BUFFS (not to be confused with passive furies), defender takes 90% less damage.

So basically, for that path you need a poison immune science champ that gets fury buffs. I couldn't think of anyone else, and frankly, he did great on it.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    @_ASDF_ I never even thought of that. Brilliant idea though! If there's another path like that in 6.2, I'll keep that stored in the memory bank.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    He's not flashy, but he's still one of the best raw Damage Champs.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Useful, he gets ignored because other champions do what he does better
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

There are too many champs with massively higher damage for it to be fair to call him "one of the best raw damage champs", IMO. A year ago I might have agreed, but now his damage is underwhelming compared to the many, many Kings and queens of damage in this game. I don't even think he's top 10% anymore.
    Sixshot1 said:

There are too many champs with massively higher damage for it to be fair to call him "one of the best raw damage champs", IMO. A year ago I might have agreed, but now his damage is underwhelming compared to the many, many Kings and queens of damage in this game. I don't even think he's top 10% anymore.
    Take an L3 with Hulk Smash active.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★

Sixshot1 said:

Meh. That's not that impressive since he has to get beat up to pull it off and it's still not as good as what Rulk, Gulk, and Shulk can do without getting beat up and that's just among Hulks. The list of attacks that are better than that among the other available champs is stupid long. Without getting beaten up first.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Good for Variant 2. But honestly—he’s the least of the Hulks. And that’s pretty sad...

Umm. I guess it's a matter of opinion @DrZola, but I wouldn't say he's quite the least of the Hulks, personally...

Awesome post by @Markg25 by the way!
    So easy to forget about Mr. Fixit. Remember when he was EQ boss and everyone cried about it?

So long ago...

Dr. Zola
    Markg25 said:

Old and irrelevant 😬🤨

This is awesome. And respect to you for ranking that Hulk.

Dr. Zola
    Markg25 said:

@DrZola can’t take credit for the R5 he’s only R4

Used 6* Thor rags 6*red hulk to get me though the x2 6* gate, it made hulk indestructible ( @20%) and increased attack for all champs

I then cheesed the aspect of chaos path with duped CG + and nebula ( syn for more attack+ )

30% boost on top of that + 20% attack

And used more 20% revives than I care to admit 😂

Was the only way though for me .... no medusa, hype or hiemdal

* To be fair would have cost me a lot less of it wasn’t so bugged 😬

Excellent! Here’s hoping any comp is more than the usual scraps!

Dr. Zola
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Good for Variant 2. But honestly—he’s the least of the Hulks. And that’s pretty sad...

Umm. I guess it's a matter of opinion @DrZola, but I wouldn't say he's quite the least of the Hulks, personally...

@Foxhero007 TRIGGERED

Sixshot1 said:

Meh. That's not that impressive since he has to get beat up to pull it off and it's still not as good as what Rulk, Gulk, and Shulk can do without getting beat up and that's just among Hulks. The list of attacks that are better than that among the other available champs is stupid long. Without getting beaten up first.
    He's still in my back pocket. One-hit L3s are useful, even if you have to take a dive for it. Plus, with the Rags Synergy, it's less dangerous to do.