**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does anyone even do AW anymore?

Seriously. Yesterday i ragequitted the game for the first time in 10 months. Its just not fun, its not rewarding, its just costly. The nodes are infuriating and not even comparable to the nodes in the last map. The difficulty went up by the factor 3x (at least) and bc the ragequit happened, im probably going to be kicked from my alliance bc i rarely pass tier 2 without using items anymore.

I really dont understand why they did that. Adding the AQ bump up in difficulty, this game just lost all attraction to me and I am probably going to quit entirely. Its just not worth my time and anger. I invested about 500 Euros in the last 10 months, just like many alliance mates of which some are also contemplating to quit.

Kabam, get your s*it together, youre ruining your own game.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    I still do em. I'm in a medium rated Ally so the nodes aren't that bad. I've seen some gameplay of higher nodes. Don't look fun.
  • JacedafaceJacedaface Posts: 34
    Nope haven't done AW for a very long time. Never liked the mode to begin with and it's gradually got worse and worse. I play in a map 5 AQ alliance. They run 1bg AW every now and then that is optional to join. I focus on AQ and solo content. Stress free, item free, easy life, happy life. When I first ditched war over a year ago with a small handful of friends and went on the search for what at the time looked like the non existent AQ focus but relaxed don't care AW. Alliance mates said we was crazy. But now I see more and more people jumping ship from top alliances and just going with the more relaxed approach.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    We run 6x5 AQ. Do war just for loyalty. If we win cool if not oh well. No one cares. Went from T3/4 to T8. We don’t worry about dofersity or assigned lanes. If we hit gold 1 or 2 we are happy. AW sucks.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Just joined an alliance doing map6 and doing war for fun at least until rewards get updated, its not worth it and the design is pretty bad
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    The stress of war ruins the game for a lot of people. It doesn’t particularly bother me. But I know many who don’t like the pressure of not dying or feeling bad because of a death. AQ doesn’t give that. And when you run war for fun all the pressure is gone.
  • ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16
    Nop.

Everyone focus on aq and events but with 6.2 like it is i foresee another shift of not clearing story content considering rewards arent worth the cost just like wars.

Aq is the last stand
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Well I kinda quit since the last AW so I don’t know know new nodes.

I’m hesitant on coming back because of war and I’m tired of all the bugs and the cost of the game. Im almost done spending. Just gonna finish the quests and probably call it quits.

In case you are wondering Kabam, check my acct and how much I’ve spent on the game. This is loss future income because of bugs and overall not listening to community
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    not during off-season
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Alliance war? What is that?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I do aw in a lower tier for rewards only. Don't really care about it. Only do solo content, it used to be some fun occasionally. Looks like they change it with act6 as well. Some fights require skill, but most of content is pay 2 do (and pay again to win) basically with all those gates, so yeah, no reason to accept it, may just quit
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    I've just gave up full stop on alliance gameplay and honestly I'm all the happier for it. There's still a few things for me to do with decent rewards like LOL variant 1 and now act 6.2 the rewards are just not worth the effort or time AQ and war take up and if things don't go your way you can't quit out and start the path again so your kind of at the mercy of the game there's no turning back, it's revive or heal and move on. And the peer pressure element means if you don't use resources then the teams failed because of you. I'm glad that part of my mcoc gameplay is over. That's my opinion
  • deadly316deadly316 Posts: 52
    Aw excitement is almost over. I stopped it bcoz most of the defenders are God tier and it's not that easy to win without spending alot on health units..I hope to get some good 5* . Lost almost 5-7 AW. So yes lost the interest in AW.
  • T0XINT0XIN Posts: 17
    No interest at all now. You need 9 super active players, if not 10. Worse still, all 10 must be around the same prestige and skill level. This is exactly the opposite of what kabam has been promoting over the past year: mixed alliances for AQ. Low prestige? just join map 2 and grow. High prestige, map 5 -- all in one alliance. That setup won't work for war.
  • BoneBone Posts: 30
    Thanks
  • T0XIN said:

No interest at all now. You need 9 super active players, if not 10. Worse still, all 10 must be around the same prestige and skill level. This is exactly the opposite of what kabam has been promoting over the past year: mixed alliances for AQ. Low prestige? just join map 2 and grow. High prestige, map 5 -- all in one alliance. That setup won't work for war.

This is probably the biggest issue I have with the new map. This alienates international Alliances that had found a way to function on the old map. You NEED 9 players to advance out of section 1, or be prepared to fight some linked nodes. One of the 2 when participating in this new map.

The other option, don't play. Seems more and more are going that route. No new rewards when everyone has a new map. New rewards to come for a function that's only going to available to T5-T1 Alliances (Defense Tactics). Still don't understand what the mentality was there.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Exactly it. The old war format, I was in an alliance with Europeans and I’m in the US. They would start my
    Morning and obelisk take outer path. Sounds like everything is screwy. If I play again, I’ll go to a lower alliance. Don’t need headaches of the bad **** they created
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    i really wish there was some way to practice weird nodes, not just live in war
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    Haven't done AW in months and it has vastly improved my in-game experience, even through all of the bugs/continued lag issues. If I had been in a position where I had no choice but to play AW then I would have most likely quit this game for good.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    Half our members left the game and the rest of us do a lower AQ here and there. None of us do Wars any more. Only a matter of time........
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    My alliance hasn’t done them since season 2-3. There is no point because we could just put more time and effort into AQ and get recourses that can help us