**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Arenas

Now that a cutoff has exceeded 80,000,000 can we get a 5* basic arena for the 99%?

Comments

• HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    I agree. Arena cutoffs are out of control. With how long each arena fight is, this is insanely time consuming. Idk if Kabam has ever tried grinding for a champ but you barely have time to breathe with these scores
  • I think it's time for BOTH a 6* Feature and 5* Basic Arena. This would help deflate the ever inflating Feature Arena cutoffs. The full time grinders would more likely place focus on the 6* Feature, leaving the 5* Feature to drop a bit for those who don't want to go 80+ million in an arena. The 5* Basic would help fill in those gaps in our rosters with missing champs we can't seem to pull (needs to mirror the 4* Basic by awarding the champ in the 1-10% rank rewards). Also would help with awakening champs we can't seem to dupe.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    How does someone truly grind 80 million points in 3 days or one arena cycle? I have grinded 9 mill and actually slept but the grinding took my free time. Just curious bc it seems not humanly possible.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    They said when they announced 6:1 they were going to change arenas that hasn’t happened
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Nuclekerr said:

How does someone truly grind 80 million points in 3 days or one arena cycle? I have grinded 9 mill and actually slept but the grinding took my free time. Just curious bc it seems not humanly possible.

No life + MasterCard
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    It wont be long before we see a six star arena where five star grinders will move to, and the rest chasing for a good or useful champ in a five star basic arena. Same trend will happen - arena score inflation, exodus, and a plethora of concerns from the community.
  • It wont be long before we see a six star arena where five star grinders will move to, and the rest chasing for a good or useful champ in a five star basic arena. Same trend will happen - arena score inflation, exodus, and a plethora of concerns from the community.

This is basically what was happening with the 4* Feature Arena before they introduced the 5* Feature and the 4* Basic. So I guess it's nearing time for the 6* Feat and 5* Basic. Natural progression of things.
  • FalongFalong Posts: 125
    Because some using Bots , some using Mercs . Some using friends help 2/3 person relaying 24/24 , or need no life like BrianGrant , his life is MCOC
  • FalongFalong Posts: 125
    Why cut are so high because all these youtubers make inflations on cutoff , using a lot of units to refresh because on high prediction , soon près at 100m so 10 odins in refresh and lost your life for a mobile game
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lots of People are straight up paying Kabam to play the arenas and it’s been this way for a long time. Others are logging countless game hours in arenas.

People pay/play for it due to the limited availability of new champions.

Neither of these situations suggest Kabam will start giving away nearly guaranteed champions to players in the form of a basic 5*; among other reasons.

Guessing we will see something similar to the previous iteration of the featured arena where a limited number of players will compete for a 6* champion with a larger number of players winning the 5* version; and I do not think there will be rerun as a basic arena. Would love to be wrong but to me this makes the most business sense and also flows with how arenas are run now.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Nuclekerr said:

briangrant went for namor. a 100% f2p player
    did 86m

Falong said:

Why cut are so high because all these youtubers make inflations on cutoff , using a lot of units to refresh because on high prediction , soon près at 100m so 10 odins in refresh and lost your life for a mobile game

Because namor is 2nd highest prestige, he has really good utility and suicide friendly, and has ridicoulous damage

another prestige champ is diablo but hes not even good. hencewhy his arena scores was so low.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    😂 one guy went 77 mill and one just missed the cut by like 250k...boy that's gotta hurt..I did 4* arena and got him and bought the mutant AG Kabam offered..not grinding to start the week

I think it's time for BOTH a 6* Feature and 5* Basic Arena. This would help deflate the ever inflating Feature Arena cutoffs. The full time grinders would more likely place focus on the 6* Feature, leaving the 5* Feature to drop a bit for those who don't want to go 80+ million in an arena. The 5* Basic would help fill in those gaps in our rosters with missing champs we can't seem to pull (needs to mirror the 4* Basic by awarding the champ in the 1-10% rank rewards). Also would help with awakening champs we can't seem to dupe.

No..having 6* arenas would make this game even worst for the little people who aren't able to grind like some..they should have 4* featured 5* basic, and 5* featured
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Hatshipuh said:

I agree. Arena cutoffs are out of control. With how long each arena fight is, this is insanely time consuming. Idk if Kabam has ever tried grinding for a champ but you barely have time to breathe with these scores

LOL.. just cause the core goes high for a champ everyone wants doesn't mean they need to change the game.. it's the same as any other arena.. the 150 who want the champ the most.. get him..
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Nuclekerr said:

briangrant went for namor. a 100% f2p player
    did 86m

Falong said:

Because namor is 2nd highest prestige, he has really good utility and suicide friendly, and has ridicoulous damage

another prestige champ is diablo but hes not even good. hencewhy his arena scores was so low.
    Briangrant also isn't employed and uses youtube funds for income.. he doesn't have kids.. so.. if you're suggesting that in order to succeed at this game you need to not work or have a family.. that's not a good state for this game or any other really..
    Nuclekerr said:

they may have a lot of 5* and 6*, and use boost as they refresh their top champs with units..
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Just happy to know my 13 mil got the same rewards as 79 mil 🙌
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    It’s beyond time that the cutoff was expanded. To like 1000.
  • bm3epps said:

I think it's time for BOTH a 6* Feature and 5* Basic Arena. This would help deflate the ever inflating Feature Arena cutoffs. The full time grinders would more likely place focus on the 6* Feature, leaving the 5* Feature to drop a bit for those who don't want to go 80+ million in an arena. The 5* Basic would help fill in those gaps in our rosters with missing champs we can't seem to pull (needs to mirror the 4* Basic by awarding the champ in the 1-10% rank rewards). Also would help with awakening champs we can't seem to dupe.

No..having 6* arenas would make this game even worst for the little people who aren't able to grind like some..they should have 4* featured 5* basic, and 5* featured
    Do you realize this was 2 years ago they brought in the 5* Feature? It's literally a matter of time. Say no all you want, it's likely to happen. There was a time that 5* champs were very hard to get (like 6* champs) and the highest you could rank them was R4. Eventually, things progressed. Shard availability increased. Resources to max them out came into being (t5bcs). 6* Featured Arena is something that's bound to happen.

For a time, it was just 3 and 4* Featured. Back then, people viewed 5* the way we view 6* champs now. The champ pool was relatively small. Things have grown by leaps and bounds. I pop multiple 5* Feature Crystals monthly now. I'm F2P by the way. The introduction of a 6* Feat and 5* Basic is something that would spread out the grinders a bit more. Further increasing champion availability, and deflating the ever inflating 5* Feature Cutoffs. As it stands, 4* champs have become the new 3* for many. They're now useless beyond Act 5. People are grinding for a tier that's no longer the top as it currently stands.

This would in turn help the 'little people' gain easier access to 4* and 5* champs in general. The top dogs would be focused on the 6* Featured Arena. Occasionally on the 5* Basic to fill in missing champs when they know certain 6* Features are out of reach grind wise. When the 4* Basic was introduced, some of the God Tier champs of the time would go for 6+ million at the cutoff. You're hard pressed to see the cutoff exceed 4 million now. Making it easier on the little people to build their rosters and grow. Explain how a 6* Feature would hurt them?
  • I went for the 4* Version and did 4 million on day one. After that, I remembered that 4* champs are blocked for Act 6 so I stopped and enjoyed the sunny weekend :D

☝️ Nothing wrong with this, right Kabam?

☝️ Nothing wrong with this, right Kabam?
    Only a 66 mil point difference. How many Odins is that?
  • Just happy to know my 13 mil got the same rewards as 79 mil 🙌

Agreed... there is 'nothing' wrong with that @Cliffordcan , lol. The fact the same reward tier has a 66 million point differential from the top to the bottom is just fine. Ok, all sarcasm aside, how is this not a problem is the real question here? I understand that this is how it works as it stands, but the grind is out of control. One has to wonder how much more the cutoff for Namor will inflate for round 2?

Kabam, the 5* Feature needs some type of expansion. More champs awarded would be nice. Not a percentage based reward tier for the champ, but perhaps a BIT more than 150 would be a good place to start. At the time the 5* Feature was released, limiting the amount of champs awarded made sense. Now... it's just a TAD ridiculous as is. Plus, everyone is grinding that hard for a tier that's no longer at the top.

A 5* R5/65 isn't as strong as a 6* R2/35. Just say that to yourselves. A R2 of the 6* tier supersedes a maxed out version of the previous tier. GRANTED, getting the sig level up on a 6* is still VERY difficult when compared to a 5*. Just the same, down the road, once 6* R3 rank up materials become more commonplace... you know the sig stones will be coming too. So at what point does the arena come? I'd wager that the rank rewards of a 6* Feature arena would also come with more 6* shards as well.

The insane inflation of the arena scores should be enough to justify this happening. 6* Feature, 5* Basic. Heck, just the 5* Basic to start would spread things out a LITTLE. Then soon down the road, create a 6* Feature if you want to keep them on their current pedestal. Realistically speaking, you know the arena will award 150 champs MAX like the 5* Feature does. So I'm pretty sure that wouldn't dent the sales of Cavalier Crystals. Let's also remember, more 6* shards likely to come with this. So those who aren't going full tilt boogie for the champ will undoubtedly benefit in building their 6* roster simply from increased shard availability.

Agreed... there is 'nothing' wrong with that @Cliffordcan , lol. The fact the same reward tier has a 66 million point differential from the top to the bottom is just fine. Ok, all sarcasm aside, how is this not a problem is the real question here? I understand that this is how it works as it stands, but the grind is out of control. One has to wonder how much more the cutoff for Namor will inflate for round 2?

Kabam, the 5* Feature needs some type of expansion. More champs awarded would be nice. Not a percentage based reward tier for the champ, but perhaps a BIT more than 150 would be a good place to start. At the time the 5* Feature was released, limiting the amount of champs awarded made sense. Now... it's just a TAD ridiculous as is. Plus, everyone is grinding that hard for a tier that's no longer at the top.

A 5* R5/65 isn't as strong as a 6* R2/35. Just say that to yourselves. A R2 of the 6* tier supersedes a maxed out version of the previous tier. GRANTED, getting the sig level up on a 6* is still VERY difficult when compared to a 5*. Just the same, down the road, once 6* R3 rank up materials become more commonplace... you know the sig stones will be coming too. So at what point does the arena come? I'd wager that the rank rewards of a 6* Feature arena would also come with more 6* shards as well.

The insane inflation of the arena scores should be enough to justify this happening. 6* Feature, 5* Basic. Heck, just the 5* Basic to start would spread things out a LITTLE. Then soon down the road, create a 6* Feature if you want to keep them on their current pedestal. Realistically speaking, you know the arena will award 150 champs MAX like the 5* Feature does. So I'm pretty sure that wouldn't dent the sales of Cavalier Crystals. Let's also remember, more 6* shards likely to come with this. So those who aren't going full tilt boogie for the champ will undoubtedly benefit in building their 6* roster simply from increased shard availability.
    You are 100% right. New arenas won’t break the game. There should be a top 100 6* arena, change current featured to top 500 and a 5* Basic arena for top 5%-10%
  • Just happy to know my 13 mil got the same rewards as 79 mil 🙌

You are 100% right. New arenas won’t break the game. There should be a top 100 6* arena, change current featured to top 500 and a 5* Basic arena for top 5%-10%
    That seems pretty well balanced to me. A bit more 5* Features, access to 6* Features, and some gap fillers from the 5* Basics. The additonal milestone and rank rewards would undoubtedly help many more as well. Hopefully we see this happen sooner than later.
    Yeah, this would have much less impact on the game than Cav crystals.
  • @UmbertoDelRio think about it this way. A 5* Basic Arena would very likely award the champ in the 1-10% rank. Percentage rewards expand the amount awarded, and in turn, reduce the cutoff overall. Whereas the Feature arena only awards a set number of champs. Not having a percentage based rank reward would defeat the purpose of it being a Basic arena. Dupes only awaken the champs in the 4* Basic, and one would assume this also would extend to the 5* Basic.

Having a 5* Basic on it's own would detour SOME attention from the Features in some cases. Whether the player doesn't have, or wants to awaken said champ, it would help them do either. In doing so, would place their full attention away from the Feature. Especially if they align them like they used too. Having a desirable champ in the Basic AND a new champ in the Feature. However, to REALLY help drop the 5* Feature cutoffs, they'd also need to release a 6* Feature.

Having both would undoubtedly spread the grinders out. The top tier, nonstop grinders would focus on the 6* Feature to get the top tier champ. Those that aren't as dedicated (or loaded roster wise) would have a better shot at a 5* Feature. Especially if they expanded the amount awarded from 150 to say 500. Either by themselves would help matters, but together it would have a longer lasting impact on reducing the cutoffs across the board.