**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

Drooped2 said:

zeezee57 said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

I didnt read namor would he negate all this bs?

I already suggested Namor as a potential counter many many pages ago.

Once the Caustic + Sinister heal interaction is fixed, OG Hulk with Sp1 chain stun might work.

Just saw a video of someone soloing Sinister with KM + Void, without Heimdall synergy.

Like I said, there are counters available, it’s just too early to pigeonhole the fight into “Need Heimdall synergy or ridiculous to clear”.
    Where did KM get a fury buff from? Maybe I'm missing an interaction somewhere but I can't think of one that would give him the necessary fury.
    He may not have I saw a quake no fury do it .

Km would heal back some with void synergy
    I wanna see this video lol km not poison immune. Would have to attack mr sinister to do anything, without fury, plus the bleed would reflect back as soon as sinister throws sp2. Void definitely not an option. Lol love the wild ideas though
    35% chance to shrug debuffs with void synergy. There’s no way km taking him down solo with or without fury
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

Once the Caustic + Sinister heal interaction is fixed, OG Hulk with Sp1 chain stun might work.

Just saw a video of someone soloing Sinister with KM + Void, without Heimdall synergy.

Like I said, there are counters available, it’s just too early to pigeonhole the fight into “Need Heimdall synergy or ridiculous to clear”.
    Where is this video? Aren’t you the one saying you tested the node in beta and suggested to replace buffed up with caustic temper and that everyone that’s complaining about the node is not “end game” ready? If that’s the case you should know what you’re saying is impossible. There is no way km+void soloing sinister with or without heimdal synergy. Prove me wrong by posting the video here or send it on line.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

Hulk isn’t a good option but it would technically work. Every time that fury expires he’ll lose a ton of health and not do damage. KM and void looks ok. But that wouldn’t work without the heimdall synergy. There’s no fury. How are they bypassing that?
    There are 2 ways to bypass the passive shock damage:
    1. Shock immune or someone who can mitigate passive damage (Gulk)
    2. Don’t give Sinister a chance to use specials, which is why Quake/Vision are good options when paired with Heimdall.

Following #2 trail of thought, this changes the need for a shock immune to a champ that gives a high stun chance that is poison immune and can generate furies organically. Granted, it might require a change in playstyle.

Offhand, the champs that meet these requirements are OG Hulk, Medusa, Hyperion, Black Bolt (duped), Ronan, Cpt Marvel Movie (might have a few more but can’t remember).

However, the drawback of these champs are that there is a downtime that their furies do not proc, which is perfectly fine since the strategy involves chain stunning Sinister to prevent his shock transfer while taking him down. This is made impossible in the current iteration because of the Caustic + Sinister bug, which is why it needs to be fixed before further counters can emerge.

Hope that clears things up.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    Well...still nothing useful I see😂 just one person trying their best to argue with everyone about everything....but he’s not a troll😂 actually this reminds me of those old dudes at diners you see argue politics without any clear understanding of how they really work lol
    That said my only clear counter so far out of my roster has been Nebula with the Heimdal synergy...suppose maybe I could try ranking and using a duped Xbones too, but I don’t really wanna waste resources for that😂
    Which I suppose has been addressed, hard to keep up with 20+pages of just someone arguing lol
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Would OG Hulk with the CAIW synergy help mitigate some of the shock damage? Or is the damage way too much? No heimdall of course...
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    Lainua said:

I think I can do it with Iceman. Triple immune. Deal damage over time. Shock damage is unavoidable though.

Wait for the bug to get sorted. And even then, be prepared for a long fight
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Lainua said:

I think I can do it with Iceman. Triple immune. Deal damage over time. Shock damage is unavoidable though.

Planning to pair him with Korg?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

The km/void vs sinister video I've seen was from the icarus map 6.2.3 that's not the 6.2.2 boss. There's no poison/shock and he's also gaining fury from attacking and then degen from it

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

The km/void vs sinister video I've seen was from the icarus map 6.2.3 that's not the 6.2.2 boss. There's no poison/shock and he's also gaining fury from attacking and then degen from it

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Okay, believe what you want. I'm not losing sleep over it. That's my Champ. Could care less what you believe.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No. I asked a simple question about whether or not Concussion made a difference. Then someone tried to bring it up and throw it in my face. So I showed that I have her and use her quite often. Once again, here we are with someone starting an off-topic argument about me, and it doesn't even make sense. Like I'm going to take the time to get a SS from someone else and claim it as my own. It's getting ridiculous at this point. It's not even making sense anymore, the effort is so stretched. I'm not usually this blunt, but people need to get over me being here. Point blank. I'm not here for target practice.
  • Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61
    Said my piece, not going to grace it with a response.

Back in the real world, the thread needs to close because everything that can be said has been, to death:

*The bug, until fixed, is the true issue.
    * Quake CAN kill Mr. S, if you have 36+ minutes and hate yourself.
    * Heimdall is the only reason more than roughly 5% of champions can even approach the fight, not that he’s required, it’s just poorly balanced.
    * The community is overwhelmingly of the opinion that adding passive shock, active poison, and 90% damage reduction in most cases, limits the entire reason we’ve been building vast rosters over the years. It feels like a slap in the face, as opposed to content designed to be fun.

I miss anything?
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

That's gonna be a long fight either way

Korg synergy gives Iceman a fury every time his ice armour is broken and is forming. A stacked Iceman with this synergy I think should be considered, at least in the absence of a better option.

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Korg synergy gives Iceman a fury every time his ice armour is broken and is forming. A stacked Iceman with this synergy I think should be considered, at least in the absence of a better option.

It's a passive fury. Won't work
    I just checked it

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Yeah I’m sure it’s similar to how Havok’s plasma stuff works lol it’s gotta be an actual BUFF so passives typically don’t work. Kinda like how Mr Sinister doesn’t transfer Voids debuffs bc they're passives.

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Yeah I’m sure it’s similar to how Havok’s plasma stuff works lol it’s gotta be an actual BUFF so passives typically don’t work. Kinda like how Mr Sinister doesn’t transfer Voids debuffs bc they're passives.
    Interesting you bring up void, since he falls into the same category as Quake in this discussion. Here’s my take on him though:

* his debuffs don’t transfer from Sinister not because they’re passive, but not “damaging” unless you are void. If you put void’s degen from L2 (which triggers from his power sting), my guess is Sinister will transfer it.
    * In theory, you could just perpetually dodge back and let void build a ton of debuffs without ever swinging at Sinister. The downside is you’d be looking at 30+ min of dexterity dodging because of the 90%dmg reduction.
    Now, let me offer up another potential option. I want to preface that I don’t like it, but once the bug is resolved, here’s another champ you could use:

Dormammu.

*poison immunity ✔
    *bypasses the passive shock through medium hits power draining + L2 ✔
    *Doesn’t generate fury, so -90% ✘
    *has a heal mechanic built into his L3 and heavy attack interactions ✔

Highly suboptimal and a long fight, but certainly possible after the bug fix.

Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.