**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is parry still being investigated as a performance issue? [Under Investigation]

_noyes_noyes Posts: 51
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I'm playing on an iPhone 6S with the latest iOS and game version, and I'm still experience a lack of triggering parry frequently. It most commonly happens in AQ and AW. Usually when parry fails to trigger, the game gets a bit laggy and sluggish. Definitely noticing a drop in FPS. So I imagine this dates back to issue on the previous forum when 12.0 was released and it was mentioned that parry wasn't working correctly due to a performance issue, but perhaps that was already addressed. Is there any other info on this? Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    I'm playing on iPhone 6s as well, but instead of lagging for me parry just flat out doesn't work sometimes. Really screws me up.
  • CptMuffinCptMuffin Posts: 85
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    AQ has been absolutely horrible the last few days. Parry doesn't work, blocks drop off, even getting hit with "close" heavy attacks after I've dashed back. One full dash back and a backflip heavy still hit. Before the update I could run the full length of AQ map 5 with a couple health items. Today I'm 3 fights in and have 25% health left on one champ (other 2 dead).

These AI champs are boosted up to make it harder as designed. We shouldn't be fighting the controls too.

It's like we're fighting the Patriots with the referees paid off. How are we supposed to beat that?

Sign Eli Manning obviously.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    How would we know, we never get updates from kabam...that transparency they promised...yeah about that.
  • GrimmGrimm Posts: 119
    Please acknowledge the bug!
  • RMP322RMP322 Posts: 83
    How come out of the 100 threads on this we cannot EVER get a response from the kabam team? Parry is completely broken and has been since 12.0. Don't feed us the deflecting response of "well, tell us who you were using and when did happen so we can look into it" b.s. It happens with every champ and every time!!! So will it ever get fixed? @Kabam Miike or will you continue to ignore this post like the hundreds before this?
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    As long as the majority of the community keeps paying money, there is no need in them addressing their bugs.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    All of my controls are non-responsive now. Prepare to "adjust" until the next update.
    The next update will make everything worse like it has every past update. Ever since this terrible new forum we can't even get responses from the kabam team anymore it's a disgrace...
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Everything slows to a standstill in all phases of game. Noticed the lag and unresponsiveness increases the longer you play, and especially seems to concentrate during near-simultaneous actions where it appears to freeze while processing what action to allow next. This seems to be why more than 1 dash back stalls and why parry either fails or turns to a block. Noticed it slows fps for game as well as phone. Tried clearing cache after every fight, not helpful.
  • Parry has been an issue for a LONG time. It's definitely not a new issue, and I completely agree with the posts above that parry is not working, especially in AQ. It's not 100% ineffective, it works for me about 60% of time, but to land a perfect parry and have the AI hit right through it is devastating when you get to the end of the map in AQ. Waste of resources.

Separate Issue: in AW and arenas, it's ridiculous that the AI can parry when dashing backwards. Make it available for the player, or take it away from the AI.

The lag and freezing that are still here makes this all much worse. Last night's freezing and lagging was terrible. You are clearly having issues with your servers, given all the "emergency maintenance" this last week. So you're working on it. But what other games have to deal with these kinds of outages and poor performance? I would guess not many. This has been a known issue for a very long time.

Please update the community with what you're doing about this and acknowledge the parry issues.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko are you guys just gonna keep ignoring us?
  • Cmon man day 4 and 5 is just fighting lag and glitches. It's hard enough with the ai amped up. If @Kabam Miike you can't fix the glitches. Drop the ai diffuclty. My champs are freezing in a block position. My Internet is running at 13mbps, my s5 is old but ****. This needs to be addressed now.
  • JeryG8terJeryG8ter Posts: 71
    You guys promised us some transparency and more communication after 12.0 debacle.
    What happened?
    We can be patient and understanding, but ignoring the community is gonna fuel anger to the people who give you money every day.
    The new update is very buggy indeed and force us to use resources that we don't have. So, please help us, reassure us. Tell us whats going on
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    JeryG8ter wrote: »
    You guys promised us some transparency and more communication after 12.0 debacle.
    What happened?
    We can be patient and understanding, but ignoring the community is gonna fuel anger to the people who give you money every day.
    The new update is very buggy indeed and force us to use resources that we don't have. So, please help us, reassure us. Tell us whats going on

What happened? You get hit with an infraction when you remind them they are not being transparent as promised...
    I will reign down havok on this forum again if we don't at least get an acknowledgement from the team..
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm beginning to wonder if people are getting to good at the game so they just break the mechanics to make it more difficult. Seems like every update from 12.0 parry has gotten worse.
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    edited August 2017
    Thanks to all for chiming in with their own situations, I know this thread isn't the only one about parry.

I'm still looking for an update to the issue and have been since 12.0. This was addressed in the 12.0 known bugs as performance issue, then it was silently dropped and not brought up in bug fixes since then. Perhaps some aren't experiencing it, but it sounds like a lot still are. Why is it taking so long to address this issue?
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    As Adora said with 12.0... you need to adapt. They have stated in other threads they are investigating the issue. That just means they have no clue as to the actual cause (or don't really care). Parry, blocking, dexterity... all are getting worse. The issues use to be mainly Android only, but it seems the problems are expanding to iOS users.

I think it is all these complex mechanics they keep adding to champs with multiple moving parts (like doc oc's breakthroughs). These are all equations the cpu is having to crunch with sloppy coding (as stated in the first 12.0 boycott letter where it was mentioned that the coding was haphazardly written). Despair doesn't even account for 15% HP gain for recovery (which I made a post about 2 months ago with absolutely no response). It seems Kabam comes up with ideas, but doesn't properly test all aspects how it works with the current mechanics.

They simply push content at the sake of quality.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Noticed the lag and unresponsiveness increases the longer you play, and especially seems to concentrate during near-simultaneous actions where it appears to freeze while processing what action to allow next.
    This.
    My guess it's due to memory leaks.

Those problems are cumulative. No matter the content no matter the champs, but I've noticed it's hard once you faced champs with sparkles/fire/particles effects and/or you play in the Ultron stage and/or you chance between game arenas (for example you're playing AW then switch to Arenas you'll have Arenas stuttering as hell).

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    We've made the request before about having a less graphic-intensive battle arena background. Eliminate those worthless animations. Maybe even simplify the camera angle, keep it perpendicular to the line of action instead of the dramatic angles and sweeping motions with every punch, dash, and jump.
  • K1NGR3DK1NGR3D Posts: 32
    has any body else noticed when you swipe back it takes like half a second to respond to the swipe or it won't allow it same with parrys..
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I'm not tryna get flagged here, but on my iPhone 7 the parry seems fine, unless I press it too late obviously or whatever.

But overall being able to parry works as normal for me
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited August 2017
    An ally member recommended I change my Samsung display settings from adaptive to basic.

I'm still having some problems with touches not registering or registering late, there's a really clear problem with some champs not dashing back following combos ending on light hits, but it seems a little better
    I'm not tryna get flagged here, but on my iPhone 7 the parry seems fine, unless I press it too late obviously or whatever.

You are one of the few then. Parry is not working as intended, period. It is not a question of being "too late". Most here are pretty good at parry and have been experiencing problems. Mostly, it would be too early. In other posts, Kabam has mentioned that the parry window is a millisec (which seems to be reduced from what it use to be). Many attempts are registering as blocks when you block at right around the same time.

A lot of the timing issues are straight due to lag that happens when the game is calculating what happens... there is substantial frame rate issues when the two champs react... a simple freeze of a millisec could mean a non-parry.
  • Midknight is correct.

An obvious side effect with the game growing in players and complexity is that there are latency issues. When it comes to parry, intercepts, blocks and dashes, which are finely tuned responses by the player, then latency can be a real problem.

There are ALSO clear coding problems with some specific.champs (nightcrawler!) which can make it worse.
    Man, NC becomes a lag nightmare on both my Galaxy S2 Tab and my S7 Edge. I even tried running under optimum setting using developer options. The lag is due to the game having to process too many if x then, if y then, if z then, if a-d then... dash, attack, intercept, block/Parry + evade is weighing down processors from what it seems. It isn't that graphics have become TOO intense.
  • I'm planning on picking up a Note 8 when it's released.

It'll be interesting to see if the extra RAM makes a difference. I suspect not. I think it's a server problem.