**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5-star Shards?

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
A couple of months ago, there were many ways to obtain them, bt recent quests and the game in general have been fairly dry when it comes to these rewards lately. The Bounty Missions seems like a dream now. And didn't Kabam promise that there would be MORE ways to obtain them moving forward in the era of champ and rarity gates?

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Yes, it's called UC 100%, 7500 shards.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Idk what game your playing, but there's plenty in game. They haven't really added ways to get them, but there still plenty for me to get 1-2 5* a month depending on how much I'm playing. You can get them from AW, EQ, alliance events, and probably some others I'm forgetting
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    There’s plenty everywhere
  • deepblack12deepblack12 Posts: 229 ★★

Idk what game your playing, but there's plenty in game. They haven't really added ways to get them, but there still plenty for me to get 1-2 5* a month depending on how much I'm playing. You can get them from AW, EQ, alliance events, and probably some others I'm forgetting

Like what? AW rewards are a joke and EQ isn't enough to get 1-2 5* a month. Those events don't give you a lot. In fact you might not get at all depending on the alliance or the activity. Even summoners advancement rewards are joke.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

A couple of months ago, there were many ways to obtain them, bt recent quests and the game in general have been fairly dry when it comes to these rewards lately. The Bounty Missions seems like a dream now. And didn't Kabam promise that there would be MORE ways to obtain them moving forward in the era of champ and rarity gates?

You can get 5* shards in arena, event(heroic, master, and uncollected), story, and wars if you choose to do them
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Also from duping 4stars, rifts, and story mode+labirynth if you haven't 100% these yet
  • Idk what game your playing, but there's plenty in game. They haven't really added ways to get them, but there still plenty for me to get 1-2 5* a month depending on how much I'm playing. You can get them from AW, EQ, alliance events, and probably some others I'm forgetting

Like what? AW rewards are a joke and EQ isn't enough to get 1-2 5* a month. Those events don't give you a lot. In fact you might not get at all depending on the alliance or the activity. Even summoners advancement rewards are joke.
    That's a big factor though. Your Alliance. Our Alliance gets plenty of 5* shards because we work well together. Committed/invested players will undoubtedly get more than those who aren't as committed. If you get 30 committed players working well together, you get LOTS of shards. Relatively speaking anyway.

Arena gives them, just takes time. Same with the EQ, takes time. Truth is, they're much more available than they were a year or so ago. They just boosted Heroic and Master EQ rewards. Sure, you're not getting rained upon like you would with 4* shards/crystals. Just the same, those 4* crystals can yield 275-550 extra 5* shards for dupes (550 for max sig).

Summoner Advancement gives a decent amount if your Alliance is hitting the 500k+ mark. Little extras via the the 3 day Alliance event Peak Milestones. This month, the Rifts, while RNG based, can award some nice shards (although that's luck based so not guaranteed). This all also hinges on your personal progression. For some, 5* shards are a plenty. For others, takes more time. If time is invested, eventually, they become a plenty.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Thank you everyone, and I am fully aware of how you can get them already, which was not my question. I have two UC accounts, am in a good alliance, and do my best to 100 percent the monthly EQ, although not always successfully.

My point was 1) 5s shards were far more obtainable a few months ago and 2) Kabam had said in some release that they were going to be making them more obtainable moving forward.

Sorry to cause so many bunched-up panties with my post. Yet again I am sorry I ever asked anyone on this forum something.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    There is also another 1k shards every month from dungeons friendship bonuses
  • Thank you everyone, and I am fully aware of how you can get them already, which was not my question. I have two UC accounts, am in a good alliance, and do my best to 100 percent the monthly EQ, although not always successfully.

My point was 1) 5s shards were far more obtainable a few months ago and 2) Kabam had said in some release that they were going to be making them more obtainable moving forward.

Sorry to cause so many bunched-up panties with my post. Yet again I am sorry I ever asked anyone on this forum something.

@Colinwhitworth69 - It kind of undulates if you ask me. Some months there seems to be more 5* shards available over others. So you're right. They were more obtainable in a few previous EQs over the current. It varies EQ to EQ. I wouldn't advise taking certain statements 100% literally though. In the grand scheme, they have increased in overall availability over the years. Theoretically, this will continue to undulate EQ to EQ. Some will undoubtedly have more than others.

Some do get a little jaded here. It's also difficult to understand tonality on an online forum. Some are for sure pure sarcasm or cynical remarks. Some try to maintain clarity and it comes off as condescending, even though that wasn't their intent. Personally, I think you made a valid point that they're not as plentiful as other EQs prior (unless RNG blessed you with the 5k in the Epic Rift anyway 😂).

I would surmise that the upcoming 'Far From Home' EQ will provide some interesting opportunities. Hopefully anyway, lol. I hope there's a Celebrity/Champion Challenge like many of the other MCU related EQs came with (not sure why Endgame didn't get one to this day). Typically fun and easy shards. Maybe another side quest like the Bounties will be paired with the main EQ as well. All are factors in there being more or less 5* shards being available EQ to EQ.