**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thank you for finally adding a disagree button!!!

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    BenLucas said:

Now, can we get a “troll” button?.... just asking....

Or a "Lightning Rod" flag.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Man I’m an unawakened 2 star lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Snizzbar said:

I think all the reaction scores should be reset to zero. Then from now on, if people post interesting or informative things then they'll have a high score, and if they post drivel it will soon show in the disagrees.

Why should the Points be any less valid before now? If people were given them before it was a thing, their comments are no less deservant.
    If you want an honest answer, then at the risk of being accused of navel-gazing, I believe the 9400 points I had on Friday was a more accurate measure of my forum presence than the 10,000 points I have today because my points used to be a measure of how often I was uprated relative to how often I was downrated. That's a measure of credibility. It isn't a great one or a foolproof one, you still have to read my posts to see if I'm someone that fishes for rating or not and artificially boosted those points. But given that I don't do that, and I'm often disagreeing with the devs, the players, and sometimes the entire community, it says something if I can maintain a large net positive score. It doesn't mean a lot by itself, but it means something. With the downratings removed, fair or not the positive score now means a lot less, because it is basically impossible to not have a positive score. The only people without a positive score have a score of zero.

In many ways, the best measure of a member of a community doesn't come from the people who agree with him or her, it comes from the people who disagree with him or her. Anyone can get people who agree with them to like them. But I think earning the respect, or at least the lack of enmity from the people who disagree, says more.
    This is something we have a different view on. The Flag Function was used as a negative metric in a way it was never intended to be. It was never implemented to counter-balance the amount of positive votes people had. That wasn't the objective. It was there for Moderation. That abuse stems from a larger issue. Even this Thread is evidence that the impulse to Disagree with people we don't like regardless of what they say will persist. By that measure, you can't really trust how many people disagree because that's just a normative when people don't like who it's coming from. The positive on the other hand, are much less likely to be given frivolously because people don't agree very often unless they actually agree. I respect that you feel that way, but I don't trust the negative feedback from others. Given my situation, I'm sure you can understand why.

DNA3000 said:

Snizzbar said:

I think all the reaction scores should be reset to zero. Then from now on, if people post interesting or informative things then they'll have a high score, and if they post drivel it will soon show in the disagrees.

Why should the Points be any less valid before now? If people were given them before it was a thing, their comments are no less deservant.
    If you want an honest answer, then at the risk of being accused of navel-gazing, I believe the 9400 points I had on Friday was a more accurate measure of my forum presence than the 10,000 points I have today because my points used to be a measure of how often I was uprated relative to how often I was downrated. That's a measure of credibility. It isn't a great one or a foolproof one, you still have to read my posts to see if I'm someone that fishes for rating or not and artificially boosted those points. But given that I don't do that, and I'm often disagreeing with the devs, the players, and sometimes the entire community, it says something if I can maintain a large net positive score. It doesn't mean a lot by itself, but it means something. With the downratings removed, fair or not the positive score now means a lot less, because it is basically impossible to not have a positive score. The only people without a positive score have a score of zero.

In many ways, the best measure of a member of a community doesn't come from the people who agree with him or her, it comes from the people who disagree with him or her. Anyone can get people who agree with them to like them. But I think earning the respect, or at least the lack of enmity from the people who disagree, says more.
    This is something we have a different view on. The Flag Function was used as a negative metric in a way it was never intended to be. It was never implemented to counter-balance the amount of positive votes people had. That wasn't the objective. It was there for Moderation. That abuse stems from a larger issue. Even this Thread is evidence that the impulse to Disagree with people we don't like regardless of what they say will persist. By that measure, you can't really trust how many people disagree because that's just a normative when people don't like who it's coming from. The positive on the other hand, are much less likely to be given frivolously because people don't agree very often unless they actually agree. I respect that you feel that way, but I don't trust the negative feedback from others. Given my situation, I'm sure you can understand why.
    If that was the case then:

1- being a moderation tool it would have been used solely by moderators, and not made public.

2- if it was a mod tool, and public, then they used it terribly given as you were so far free to derail every topic of the forum (and dont take it personal, i have no clue who you are but i ve read my fair share of topics to have noticed your trend over and ober repeating again)

3- The “LoL” option has been and will alwais be the downvote equivalent. Aside clicking lol on a joke, the hundreds of “LoL” someone earned are a quite precise clue of the overall thought about the poster, being it “we dont take you seriously cause what you say isnt remotely trustable”.
    Unless you re a joke magician or live just on the meme thread, that s a good measure too.

4- im pretty sure aswell the downeating was removed due to your specific behaviour.
    1. They've stated the purpose for it since the beginning of this Forum. I was here.
    2. The Moderators do their job. Claiming someone derails and calling their words Spam doesn't count unless that's actually the case. It's their job to tell the difference.
    3. LOL has never counted towards metrics. I have no comment towards the rest of that.
    4. I've always respected the Flags for what their intended purpose was. So no. It wasn't my fault.
  • @GroundedWisdom What do you win by gaining the most points?

@GroundedWisdom What do you win by gaining the most points?

You don't win anything, really. Until this change, it was meaningless. Now it affects your Rank, but again that's just cosmetic.
  • @GroundedWisdom I think they meant how people reacted to you. Not you directly abusing the Flag system, but others abusing it by 'disagreeing' with you.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom Just by the number of posts you have, you should get 6* mate. lol :smile:
    Lol. Well, that's not something I've ever paid attention to. I'm very active, but it's always been just a number to me. I don't comment to boost the numbers or anything like that. I'm usually just involved in the conversations I'm having. Other people notice but it never crosses my mind.
  • @GroundedWisdom I think they meant how people reacted to you. Not you directly abusing the Flag system, but others abusing it by 'disagreeing' with you.

I know what the implication was. People have been abusing it with or without me. I'm positive they abused it concerning me, but that's still not my fault. People make their own choices.
    Oh, absolutely. They chose to do that, and no, not your fault they chose to express themselves in such a manner. We all have that much control over ourselves (lest there be demonic possession 😂, or someone threatening your life in some manner as a means of controlling you). In general I never understood why many comments got flagged. In any case really. It's a rarity I've seen something so offensive it deserved to be 'flagged' as it were. However, tis a thing of the past. Let's now look forward to simply disagreeing, eh?
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    And this is me... And I post... a lot:

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I'm just fishing for a few more likes so I can be that much more credible... :D
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

@GroundedWisdom What do you win by gaining the most points?

You don't win anything, really. Until this change, it was meaningless. Now it affects your Rank, but again that's just cosmetic.
    Until this thread, I didn’t even know there were points and a rank. Now I need to figure out where this is. The fact that you know there are points and a rank and how you seem to understand how to earn points/increase rank speaks volumes
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Lol. Well, that's not something I've ever paid attention to. I'm very active, but it's always been just a number to me. I don't comment to boost the numbers or anything like that. I'm usually just involved in the conversations I'm having. Other people notice but it never crosses my mind.

And sorry, somehow cant edit first post.

I suggest you to start paying attention to it then, cause you may finally understand why you arr the only user on these forums being treated the way you are. Not a single other user ever had the “problems” you did, to the point mods had to remove flagging completely from forums.
    You joined June 11th. How exactly would know about his "problems"? How would you also know the history behind the flagging and abuse? 2nd forum account maybe?

The "flag" button hasnt meant what it's supposed to mean for well over a year. It wasnt disabled because of him, it was disabled because it wasnt being used like was supposed to be used..
    Drooped2 said:

The flaws of this system are displayed so perfectly in this thread.

You go after GroundedWisdom you get points. Explain to me how this wont be abused again?

Plus, frequent posters in the meme thread make them more credible because they get a stack of likes?

At the end of the day, the stars are more in line with people who simply post a lot. Regardless of what you post, you're bound to earn yourself points (assuming you're not banned)...

Drooped2 said:

You go after GroundedWisdom you get points. Explain to me how this wont be abused again?

Plus, frequent posters in the meme thread make them more credible because they get a stack of likes?

At the end of the day, the stars are more in line with people who simply post a lot. Regardless of what you post, you're bound to earn yourself points (assuming you're not banned)...
    That entirely depends on the content of what you post. At least it should. Posting many times isn't really useful if it's just for the sake of it.

I'm not engaging in a conversation about me and my behavior. That's not what this Thread is about. .

To be fair, this is what every thread you post in turns into because you insist on responding to everything.

This is like your sibling teasing you. They do it because they know they'll get a response out of you, and you oblige EVERY TIME. Pages upon pages of "GW is a poopy head" "No I'm not" "Yes you are" ad nauseum. You can quit dragging this on just as much as they can.
    Take a step back and observe the insane amount that it becomes a target for absolutely inappropriate and abusive behavior. Multiply that by the amount it takes place in other areas besides the Forum. Factor in the fact that I'm Human and can't always have my guard up. No other individual has had to deal with the amount that I have. Most days I don't bother with it. Some days I defend myself. It shouldn't be taking place, period. Much less be causing me to be the one held responsible for when things go awry. I can do my best to walk away from it most days. I'll be GD'd if I'm going to listen to someone try and tell me it's all my fault.
    As if to prove my point, you respond despite not having a reason to do so.

It's one thing to defend yourself, I get that. A lot of what is thrown your way is grossly unnecessary from the community. I know you post your thoughts and they aren't always popular. I've read most of them. And that's when I usually stop reading the thread because it instantly turns into page after page of back and forth you insist on partaking in.

It's another thing to defend yourself in a video game forum online. You're surrounded by trolls who have nothing better to do than to bait. Yes they attack, but what exactly are you defending yourself from? Your honor? Your pride? It's a chat forum with a similar civility to global chat...
    It's a Video Game Forum played by people. Same reason anyone else defends themselves. We're all Human and there's only so much you can take. If people push enough buttons for long enough, it's bound to trigger sometime. Lol.

Drooped2 said:

You go after @GroundedWisdom you get points. Explain to me how this wont be abused again?

There's also rules to the Forum, so that's flawed. Comments which don't adhere can be removed.
    And as demonstrated by the numerous constructive posts in this thread, the mods simply can't enforce the rules fast enough.
  • ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16

And sorry, somehow cant edit first post.

I suggest you to start paying attention to it then, cause you may finally understand why you arr the only user on these forums being treated the way you are. Not a single other user ever had the “problems” you did, to the point mods had to remove flagging completely from forums.
    You joined June 11th. How exactly would know about his "problems"? How would you also know the history behind the flagging and abuse? 2nd forum account maybe?

The "flag" button hasnt meant what it's supposed to mean for well over a year. It wasnt disabled because of him, it was disabled because it wasnt being used like was supposed to be used..
    Magic. Am i not allowed to use one of my accounts to post here? Last time i checked you re not limited to one :smirk

I'm not engaging in a conversation about me and my behavior. That's not what this Thread is about. I have no time for your abusive synopsis of why I'm the problem on the Forum. I'm not responsible for the inappropriate behavior others contribute.

I was trying to let you understand how people feels when having to deal with you. Hold on to that feeling at the time you replied me and before posting next time, think back at this moment.

That said and as someone said before me, this was merely proving the point of flag / no flag points/no points being flawed.

I could be like you and keep answering or pointing out your contraddictions and in the span of a week i would probably have a 5* account!

But alas it was a mere test of how you are able to turn anything you put words on in a Contest of Pointlessness.

For once that we derailed thread and it wasnt you, i am very curious to see what happens, as further test.

Too good can be too bad remember?

I'm not engaging in a conversation about me and my behavior. That's not what this Thread is about. .

To be fair, this is what every thread you post in turns into because you insist on responding to everything.

This is like your sibling teasing you. They do it because they know they'll get a response out of you, and you oblige EVERY TIME. Pages upon pages of "GW is a poopy head" "No I'm not" "Yes you are" ad nauseum. You can quit dragging this on just as much as they can.
    Take a step back and observe the insane amount that it becomes a target for absolutely inappropriate and abusive behavior. Multiply that by the amount it takes place in other areas besides the Forum. Factor in the fact that I'm Human and can't always have my guard up. No other individual has had to deal with the amount that I have. Most days I don't bother with it. Some days I defend myself. It shouldn't be taking place, period. Much less be causing me to be the one held responsible for when things go awry. I can do my best to walk away from it most days. I'll be GD'd if I'm going to listen to someone try and tell me it's all my fault.
    As if to prove my point, you respond despite not having a reason to do so.

It's one thing to defend yourself, I get that. A lot of what is thrown your way is grossly unnecessary from the community. I know you post your thoughts and they aren't always popular. I've read most of them. And that's when I usually stop reading the thread because it instantly turns into page after page of back and forth you insist on partaking in.

It's another thing to defend yourself in a video game forum online. You're surrounded by trolls who have nothing better to do than to bait. Yes they attack, but what exactly are you defending yourself from? Your honor? Your pride? It's a chat forum with a similar civility to global chat...
    It's a Video Game Forum played by people. Same reason anyone else defends themselves. We're all Human and there's only so much you can take. If people push enough buttons for long enough, it's bound to trigger sometime. Lol.
    Fair enough.

My point is that I do agree with you. If this played out in person there's no way it would have devolved to this point. The anonymity of the interwebs brings out the worst in too many.
This discussion has been closed.