**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    _ASDF_ said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

@GroundedWisdom @Drooped2 It would be best to just stay out of this thread before you make things even worse. We all know you three spend money and are content with the state of the game, which a majority of the community isn't, but you are really going too far

You fail at reading? I've been against how this fight is done the entire time.

Also I'm free to play
    Are you sure about that, because you made it sound like you enjoyed this insanely difficult fight.
    I recall saying it wasnt skill based(I only enjoy skill based fights)

This fight IS NOT difficult (if you have a synergy)

Heavy parry heavy parry heavy isnt hard with capt iw it's just stupid
    I'm one of the lucky summoners that are blessed with a capiw, but this fight is far from easy without heimdall synergy. (I understand what you mean) Both backblast and caustic temper should be removed and this fight will be improved
    Rh
    Mcord117 said:

once the fix comes through I am going to go in with a team of Medusa rank 4, Blackbolt 6*, Karnak 6*, Emma Frost rank 4, dorm 6*. See if I can play clean enough long enough with the damage mitigation on emma and dorm to make any real dent. Then see if I can boost medusa and try to spam her l2

but in all honesty I dont know why I am even trying. I look at that champion fight and what its going to take and I am not sure I can manage the final 10% with my capiw 6* at rank 1. I may need to rank 2 him before he can withstand enough to handle it

Cap with science synergy reduces block damage by 50% for all science champs.
    He reduces attack of the opponent when NOT being attacked, which means it doesn’t reduce block damage. It reduces the effects of limbo by 50% or possibly thorns.
    Thorns, limbo, coldsnap, any dot debuff except the ones inflicted from a node and block damage
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

@GroundedWisdom @Drooped2 It would be best to just stay out of this thread before you make things even worse. We all know you three spend money and are content with the state of the game, which a majority of the community isn't, but you are really going too far

Also I'm free to play
    Are you sure about that, because you made it sound like you enjoyed this insanely difficult fight.

I'm one of the lucky summoners that are blessed with a capiw, but this fight is far from easy without heimdall synergy. (I understand what you mean) Both backblast and caustic temper should be removed and this fight will be improved
    Rh
    Mcord117 said:

once the fix comes through I am going to go in with a team of Medusa rank 4, Blackbolt 6*, Karnak 6*, Emma Frost rank 4, dorm 6*. See if I can play clean enough long enough with the damage mitigation on emma and dorm to make any real dent. Then see if I can boost medusa and try to spam her l2

but in all honesty I dont know why I am even trying. I look at that champion fight and what its going to take and I am not sure I can manage the final 10% with my capiw 6* at rank 1. I may need to rank 2 him before he can withstand enough to handle it

He reduces attack of the opponent when NOT being attacked, which means it doesn’t reduce block damage. It reduces the effects of limbo by 50% or possibly thorns.
    Thorns, limbo, coldsnap, any dot debuff except the ones inflicted from a node and block damage
    Whoa. That’s news to me. His sig doesn’t read that way. That would be great synergy when taking on The Champion boss. Thanks!
    Yep works for all science champs on the team.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Also I'm free to play

Rh
    Mcord117 said:

Whoa. That’s news to me. His sig doesn’t read that way. That would be great synergy when taking on The Champion boss. Thanks!
    It’s very poorly worded. I think being attacked means landed hits in Kabam language. Blocked hits are definitely mitigated. It’s been one of the best ways to deal with counter tactics
  • Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

That's gonna be a long fight either way

Korg synergy gives Iceman a fury every time his ice armour is broken and is forming. A stacked Iceman with this synergy I think should be considered, at least in the absence of a better option.

Yeah I’m sure it’s similar to how Havok’s plasma stuff works lol it’s gotta be an actual BUFF so passives typically don’t work. Kinda like how Mr Sinister doesn’t transfer Voids debuffs bc they're passives.
    Interesting you bring up void, since he falls into the same category as Quake in this discussion. Here’s my take on him though:

* his debuffs don’t transfer from Sinister not because they’re passive, but not “damaging” unless you are void. If you put void’s degen from L2 (which triggers from his power sting), my guess is Sinister will transfer it.
    * In theory, you could just perpetually dodge back and let void build a ton of debuffs without ever swinging at Sinister. The downside is you’d be looking at 30+ min of dexterity dodging because of the 90%dmg reduction.
    Idk if the degen actually would tbh seeing it triggers after they throw a special, granted I’ve never tested it to try lol....not that I think he’s an actual option for this fight anyway😂 he does get fury with a synergy though so there’s that I suppose 😂

No doubt. Just a really subpar theory. Not a bunch else to go on until the bugfix
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    Has anyone tried with crossbones (possibly 4/55)?
    Mcord117 said:

I haven’t tried with crossbones as mine is rank 3 sig 20. But I think you will need a real high sig level to not take poison and shock damage at a fatal rate

CB is probably a no-go. Even if his sig we’re high, mutants tank it by a considerable margin. You’d be at the mercy of RNG and shock would kill you regardless.
    Drooped2 said:

Somewhere in this thread a guy used xbones cant seem to.find it tho qasnt a solo said he didnt see a solo being possible with him

Over time you’d be able to kill sinister as he doesn’t heal, but even if you don’t dex you WILL generate fury, which will ultimately kill you no matter what you do.

Even if you “crit” every hit and had 20 furies going, you’d probably still succumb to death before taking ~335k hp off him.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

Mcord117 said:

You don't have to take any block damage to dex champion's special.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/c09rld/how_to_dex_the_champs_l1_without_taking_block/

you don't need cap at all let alone rank 2. He's a good option bc he can nullify unstoppable as well though. I did it with R4 MS
    You ramped her up to 5 souls or just brought her in for that fight? I have her too but I was considering loki for champion
    Ramped her up on the mystic gate path. Some great matchups for her there. Might wanna bring non mystics for blade and maybe an option for Gulk as well. Those fights were kind of annoying as I went full synergy for ms and then brought sym for most of champion
    Right. Thanks. Do you think MS fully ramped up could take him down all the way?

Mcord117 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/c09rld/how_to_dex_the_champs_l1_without_taking_block/

you don't need cap at all let alone rank 2. He's a good option bc he can nullify unstoppable as well though. I did it with R4 MS
    You ramped her up to 5 souls or just brought her in for that fight? I have her too but I was considering loki for champion
    Ramped her up on the mystic gate path. Some great matchups for her there. Might wanna bring non mystics for blade and maybe an option for Gulk as well. Those fights were kind of annoying as I went full synergy for ms and then brought sym for most of champion

Yes. You need 3+ points in md or 150% mystic power boost to be able to spam sp2. The only problem will be 70-40% where he stuns you if you make any contact with him while he’s unstoppable special attacks included.

Mcord117 said:

Yes. You need 3+ points in md or 150% mystic power boost to be able to spam sp2. The only problem will be 70-40% where he stuns you if you make any contact with him while he’s unstoppable special attacks included.
    But her sp2 doesn't make contact. Does it stun anyway? 😔

Mcord117 said:

With sym supreme I got stunned on sp3 when he had unstoppable up and ss attacks are energy based so not sure.

Mcord117 said:

With sym supreme I got stunned on sp3 when he had unstoppable up and ss attacks are energy based so not sure.
    They are energy attacks but they make contact. That's why you trigger energy resistance stacks vs resistor nodes but take return damage from electro as well. I think unless otherwise stated, all attacks that look like they make contact, do indeed make contact if that makes sense lol

Mcord117 said:

Also, pretty sure no stun in the game can interrupt specials and apply stuns during specials but I haven't attempted the champion yet so could definitely be wrong

Mcord117 said:

Also, pretty sure no stun in the game can interrupt specials and apply stuns during specials but I haven't attempted the champion yet so could definitely be wrong
    yeah you get stunned right after the special ends if you make contact while he’s unstoppable.

edited June 2019

Mcord117 said:

Also, pretty sure no stun in the game can interrupt specials and apply stuns during specials but I haven't attempted the champion yet so could definitely be wrong </
  • Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29
    Any word on this Mr. Sinister? I’m an end game player and am literally completely locked out of completing this content. I have a 5/65 OGV (who @Kabam Miike said was the best counter for this fight...) and I even have a 5* Heimdal! But no 5 or 6* Angela/Hela. No 5* Hyperion, no Captain marvel movie version (not that either of them can actually solo that fight.

So my question is what happened to this game I used to love? This is ridiculous. I don’t expect ANYTHING to be easy in this game, but to create a fight that can’t be soloed by a SINGLE CHAMPION IN THIS GAME WITHOUT MULTIPLE TEAM SLOTS FOR SYNERGIES and on top of that, the synergies have to be a specific star level, is ridiculous.

If you don’t spend thousands of dollars on cab crystals you just can’t play this game anymore?
  • Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Lizer0119 said:

I am in the same boat.. I have Hela but no Hemidall or hyper or dusa to power through this content.

Been stuck with 6.2.1 at 100% since last Thursday.

And it is no no longer early next week and no fix implemented.
    In defense of Kabam, I would say we’re still in “early week” until COB today.

That said, no gamebreaking bug should’ve been allowed to exist for a complete 7-day span of time, as I know I was shouting down from the mountaintops day 1. So in that I don’t particularly let them off the hook.

I don’t want to come off as impatient, but to have heard nothing by this point does lend credence to us asking questions.
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141
    Monk1 said:

Lizer0119 said:

I am in the same boat.. I have Hela but no Hemidall or hyper or dusa to power through this content.

Been stuck with 6.2.1 at 100% since last Thursday.

And it is no no longer early next week and no fix implemented.
    +++
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    Well....anyone without a counter...you’re in luck!
    5* Medusa is the next featured arena champ!
    so better lock in the next 3 days....
    or just whale out on the crystal.
This discussion has been closed.