**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Explore Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts for Great Rewards!

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    The point of the master rift isn't the rewards (unless you're level 25 or something?), it's to open epic rifts where you might get something useful. Don't quit out.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Second Epic Rift. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Menkent said:

The point of the master rift isn't the rewards (unless you're level 25 or something?), it's to open epic rifts where you might get something useful. Don't quit out.

This ☝🏻
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

What’s wrong with this picture?
  • JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 97

Unstable rift 😊
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    they should have let us picked our own paths, and make path strength based on rewards given..hate chancing it
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Marvelus said:

recommended rating is a lying one! There is no opportunity to see the rating of the enemy and this is a scam! Will you cross the road blindfolded? I doubt .. If I saw the rate. 10k (I have a max champ of 4400) I didn’t go in and would not spend a valuable resource. Therefore, the statement that this is a bug or fraud is true. In connection with this, and demand compensation!

What?
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    edited June 2019
    xNig said:

Second Epic Rift. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just got the same thing on my second rift. Really needed that mutant one though.

DalBot said:

If you think spending habits aren't part of your "RNG" then I don't know what to tell you. If they know you'll spend to get what you want and need you're far less likely to get it in free to play "rewards"

I spend plenty and I got an awakening gem from my first epic. So did the YouTuber Lagacy who probably spends as much as both of us combined. Useless conspiracy theories are useless.
    JimmyB said:

xNig said:

Second Epic Rift. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just got the same thing on my second rift. Really needed that mutant one though.

Got a mutant AG on my first rift. 😂
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

JimmyB said:

xNig said:

Second Epic Rift. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Got a mutant AG on my first rift. 😂
    I've got a t2 alpha and a cosmic AG so far from the rifts. 1st time I've ever had anything good from rifts and I don't need it lol. 10 T2 alphas atm and it was my 3rd cosmic gem (4th overall. Used one on Hype). Oh well, they will get used eventually.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Menkent said:

I spend plenty and I got an awakening gem from my first epic. So did the YouTuber Lagacy who probably spends as much as both of us combined. Useless conspiracy theories are useless.

1) You're speculating on spending habits.

2) There are exceptions to every rule.

3) This kind of programming for algorithms goes on with pretty much every mobile game that relies on propietary RNG. People in the industry have confirmed this.

Never blindly trust someone who is making a profit off of you.
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64
    I just got 1800 t4b cats for master unstable. Garbage.
    Why does Kabam even have rewards that crappy in these monthly events? All these crappy rewards do is make people mad. I have never gotten anything good or even decent in any of the rift events - seriously never.
  • BenjamntBenjamnt Posts: 9
    battleone said:

I think the additonal chances Miike referenced to reach 10 total are going to come from either dungeon milestones and/or missions. Can't really see where else they would come from other than purchase.

Could be from a boss run or another special quest they release towards the end of the month ...
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Benjamnt said:

battleone said:

I think the additonal chances Miike referenced to reach 10 total are going to come from either dungeon milestones and/or missions. Can't really see where else they would come from other than purchase.

Could be from a boss run or another special quest they release towards the end of the month ...
    Yeah still no clue...latest from Miike a while back was “Not another event quest or challenge. Something else.” And when someone asked if it was just from daily offers in the unit store, he said “it is not”. Nothing added to the dungeons that went live a couple hours ago. So unless he means it would be one-day/tiered offers instead, I’m definitely very curious where else they will pop up! 🤔🤔🤔
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited June 2019
    Just sharing my rifts experience.

First Epic I went Unstable... got myself a skill Sig Stone... yay. The disappointment was such (I didn't even felt like complete it as energy waste not worthy) and I kept blaming myself for not going stable.

So I figured, from now on: the stable route as I'd rather a "meh" reward than a total disappointment. And this is the story so far:

In Tier 2:

In Tier 3:

but kept getting better and the best to the end... in Tier 4:

So yeah... rifts = a false sense of hope and "freedom of choice" to pick stability over risk. And yes, I understand the rules of engadment, and the luck/rng/ods blabla yada yada. But stable? please lol... you could at least make it more worthy than the regular rewards in the game.

Not that it matters much, but if community feedback serves some purpose to develop the game, in my honest (slightly still shaken up thus biased) opinion, this is likely the worst event format I've seen since I joined the game (~7m). Then again, we all like to complain and I'm happy for the ones that got luck. Just sharing my stable experiences but I'm genuinely done with rifts.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DalBot said:

3) This kind of programming for algorithms goes on with pretty much every mobile game that relies on propietary RNG. People in the industry have confirmed this.

Nobody does this, there's no such thing as "proprietary RNG" and the "people in the industry" confirming this are such transparent frauds they are textbook examples of why you shouldn't impersonate professionals you are unfamiliar with.
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64
    And Kabam starts this thread with the heading "Explore Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts for Great Rewards!"
    But very few people get even okay rewards. Just a damn joke of an event.
    The drop rates are clearly posted. Kabam deserves a lot of **** for how poorly they run aspects of this game (like the complete inability to test new content or listen to the community). You can certainly complain about the existence of RNG rewards like this and the truly awful war season crystals... but don't act like you've been cheated if you miss something that only had a 3% chance.
  • AndyB1985AndyB1985 Posts: 41
    I've gotten two +5 sig stones and 500 5* shards, the latter I backed out of the quest instead of wasting time with that garbage. What a letdown these rifts have been.
    First Epic : 5* Mutant AG
    Second Epic : 5* Skill AG
    Third Epic : 2k 6* Shards

It’s free additional rewards for doing what we usually do anyway (EQ).

Regardless good or bad, it’s free.

My alt’s pulls
    First Epic : 250 5* Shards
    Second Epic : 5* Sig Stones

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Just rng.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,323 ★★★★
    So far, I cannot complain about RNG, I guess... I had quit the game for exactly 1 year, came back last month out of boredom, and what can I say, in the first month of playing I opened 4 5* Crystals:
    - Gladiator Hulk
    - Cap IW
    - Medusa
    - Domino

I also ran 2 epic unstable rifts so far and got unlucky once (500 5* shards) but very lucky the other time (5* mutant awakening gem)

So what can I say? You have to quit the game for a year to be lucky after that... XD

By the way: Is domino worth using the gem? I don‘t have the T4CC to level her up right now, anyway... But I think her awakened ability doesn’t add much to the character, right? Guess I’ll save the gem for Omega Red or something...
    Not to get off topic, but she probably isn't worth a gem unless you really need her on defense. Omega Red is the more obvious candidate.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,323 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Menkent said:

Not to get off topic, but she probably isn't worth a gem unless you really need her on defense. Omega Red is the more obvious candidate.

Thanks. Since I don‘t do alliance wars, she won‘t get the gem... :)

Back to topic:
    @Kabam Miike, Can you tell us when exactly the last Fantastic 4 Solo event will start and end?
    Thanks!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DalBot said:

Nobody does this, there's no such thing as "proprietary RNG" and the "people in the industry" confirming this are such transparent frauds they are textbook examples of why you shouldn't impersonate professionals you are unfamiliar with.
    If you don't know what propietary RNG means then you're probably not in a position to say it doesn't exist. RNG is a massive part of the game, and proprietary refers to their protected algorithm formulas which, umm, are also indisputable. I bet you'd also argue that spending info isn't tracked, which we know it most definitely is.

Put the pieces together. Then again we will just be told it doesn't matter because they say it's all fair without actually having to disclose what the actual formulas are because... yep... it's protected proprietary industry information!