**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is parry still being investigated as a performance issue? [Under Investigation]

2»

Comments

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Server problems would explain the delay in hitting "Help" I the Alliance interface or starting a new Arena match. However, every match happens on the devices and uploads at the end (which is why when a match is dropped, you are at half health and the node is at the health prior to the match).

The issue is on the device side with how the code interacts with the cpu/gpu. The issues were limited to Android for the longest time (or were most reported on Android devices). However since 14.0, more iOS users are experiencing the issue. People like me are hoping that the swell of people experiencing the problem might mean it gets addressed sooner.

People like me have had this issue prior to 12.0. It isn't even processes in the background as my tablet only runs MCOC and line. I even limited processes in the background to none and still had the issues when playing (which isolates the issue to MCOC itself).
  • PocoHaXaPocoHaXa Posts: 8
    I have a Redmi Note 4 with 4Gb RAM. I can't block hits in time or evade from specials. I'm sick and tired of these lags.
  • Today has been the worst its ever been for me. I got "used" to it for a while but today holy **** in 3 fights in aq my parry has activated once. I absolutely will not continue to play like this. It needs to be fixed. Rediculouse that the majority of loyal players have to deal with this to spend units on revives.
  • By the way if using nightcrawler just dont hit for a 5 hit combo only hit with 4 . Thats how i counter his lag deficiancy.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Parry is definitely still being looked into for an overhaul/improvements, and that will hopefully be ready before too much longer. Thanks for bearing with us.
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike I would like to ask why this exact issue has taken so long to address.

Many players have experienced issues since patch 12.0, but my whole alliance (myself included) has been wrecked in war and AQ due to parry and block not working as intended.

A lot of angry players today....
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Parry is definitely still being looked into for an overhaul/improvements, and that will hopefully be ready before too much longer. Thanks for bearing with us.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it's not being overlooked.
  • SKOutsider wrote: »
    @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike I would like to ask why this exact issue has taken so long to address.

Many players have experienced issues since patch 12.0, but my whole alliance (myself included) has been wrecked in war and AQ due to parry and block not working as intended.

A lot of angry players today....

Hey there!

We know that this has been taking longer than our players would like to see. It's definitely a frustrating point, but this is a complicated performance issue that is affecting different players in different ways. This means that it's one of those issues that doesn't have a quick or easy fix. It's not as simple as hitting a couple switches and getting things back to normal (Oh, how I wish that's all it was!).

As Wolf mentioned above, we are still working on this issue and are making progress! Stay tuned, and we'll have more information to share with you as soon as we get it.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Server problems would explain the delay in hitting "Help" I the Alliance interface or starting a new Arena match. However, every match happens on the devices and uploads at the end (which is why when a match is dropped, you are at half health and the node is at the health prior to the match).

The issue is on the device side with how the code interacts with the cpu/gpu. The issues were limited to Android for the longest time (or were most reported on Android devices). However since 14.0, more iOS users are experiencing the issue. People like me are hoping that the swell of people experiencing the problem might mean it gets addressed sooner.

People like me have had this issue prior to 12.0. It isn't even processes in the background as my tablet only runs MCOC and line. I even limited processes in the background to none and still had the issues when playing (which isolates the issue to MCOC itself).

I disagree that it's simply a device only issue. I've been kicked out mid-fight because my internet connection dropped (got that "Reconnect" screen). If you're in the game, it is ALWAYS online and transmitting/receiving data. The device loads the bulk of what it needs at the beginning, but something is still connected. To test this, put your phone in airplane mode, turn on your wifi, and after the fight starts begin walking away from your house. When the wifi drops, you'll get the Reconnect popup regardless of where you're at in the fight.

Just one more thing your device is processing (unnecessarily) which contributes to processor latency. Each item in the game is small, but when you stack hundreds of them on top of each other you'll end up with an overweight beast.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    What about the other control problems?
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    I get pretty scared every time I see a moderator talking about "progress" regarding bug fixes.
  • Hi to everyone. I want to share my experience in combating performance problems. My device is Samsung Galaxy S5. I also noticed that the longer you play, the slower the game, especially on "heavy" backgrounds. At first I also thought that it could be memory leaks or something like that, tried to reboot the device, but it did not help or helped for a short time (1-2 fights).
    But then I established a clear dependence - the more the device is heated, the slower the game! The fact is that the performance parameters of most modern mobile processors are controlled depending on the temperature. The higher the temperature, the lower the clock frequency is set to prevent overheating. The solution is: keep your device cool. I use a simple fan to blow the phone when I play for a long time, and it helps a lot. I also tried to put a peltier module with a radiator on the back of the phone, so it's even better - then the game is superfine, I manage to win in very difficult battles.
    But, of course, I think that this dependence of the game's controllability on performance is not normal. Give us the opportunity to fight normally - we do not need super-beautiful animated backgrounds. If the performance drops, then why does not the AI start to slow down, but jumps around and fights nak in nothing?