**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ha... learn something new everyday. Yeah, I get it, and I don't at the same time. I understand that people will bend anything to gain an edge. I do. I just will never understand why people can't keep up the spirit of straightforward competition. Sad really. Unfortunately, it likely will continue.

Actually, now that you mentioned it, I can see how this can be done on the current map too. Ridiculous. I get that things are frustrating in AW, but it is this type of nonsense that ends up screwing the honest players that give it their all. Too often people are so concerned with their own selfish desires, never once thinking of the blowback. Eh, such is life.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    AW right now is just way too hard to be worth even trying to get through. All this off season has been was to a way to find impassible node/champ combos. We now have a bunch of node 29/Killmongers instead of just 1.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I play in a challenger tier ally and we’ve done a couple of wars on the new map now.

One of the good things about the previous map was the relative lack of node interdependencies. The new map feels too long and with too many links.

Some of the nodes need scaling back too. The ramp up in difficulty feels way too much.
    We’ve gone from nearly always taking all 3 bosses (without necessarily clearing 100%) to wondering how many players will make it to the final section.

I appreciate there is an adjustment period but the new map feels like it’s a step too far.

If there was some intention to increase item use on the new map, I think it might have the opposite affect. Our ally will still do war but likely only use limited or no items at all because the cost vs rewards ratio seems way out of sync.
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    Really hope you are planning to delay this season.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Is wars going to be delayed? Or are we going to really go into this season with all these bugs and impossible node combinations?

As far as we know the season will not be delayed. While the new nodes increased the difficulty in AW, having 2 weeks to acclimate made them a little bit easier.
    As for me, i tried several champions during these two weeks and ranked up some just to be able to do some new lines without too much problems.
  • So far I haven't seen much that spells any changes are coming. This is unfortunate. Yes, some bug fixes have been announced, which is nice... but that doesn't address the increase in difficulty and the absolute NEED for 9 players to advance in AW. The Season is supposed to kick off in less than 14 hours by the clock in game. 18 hours til matchmaking starts. With the MANY Alliances that have made it clear they won't be giving it their all, this creates a different problem.

Matches for those that are going to attempt to go at it, will very likely be messy. The many that would've been there either will be reducing BGs, or not joining at all. This likely will lead to odd matches. If this is heavily unbalanced, it will cause an even bigger uproar. Those that constantly get an unfair match they couldn't possibly finish, let alone win are gonna go postal.

Imagine giving this the benefit of the doubt, knowing full well it's gonna be tough, and then getting something next to impossible. This will only add fuel to the already spreading fire. Personally, I want to play AW and have fun. My Alliance mates and I are getting ready to try and do this. We MAY end up doing well as a result of being that unfair match for some. Which, yes, nice for points but at the same time, I like a fair match. Being that would be goliath isn't fun. It's a slaughter. That's not a war.

Situations like the aforementioned may end up being commonplace this season as a result in the reduction of Alliances participating. I can't see that being a good thing for anyone. So, unless we get a message last minute in the afternoon prior to the Season kick off... I guess this will be what we have to work with. I can only hope this situation is taken into consideration. It's very likely to be a common outcome. Then again, maybe not. We shall see soon enough I guess.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68

So far I haven't seen much that spells any changes are coming. This is unfortunate. Yes, some bug fixes have been announced, which is nice... but that doesn't address the increase in difficulty and the absolute NEED for 9 players to advance in AW. The Season is supposed to kick off in less than 14 hours by the clock in game. 18 hours til matchmaking starts. With the MANY Alliances that have made it clear they won't be giving it their all, this creates a different problem.

Matches for those that are going to attempt to go at it, will very likely be messy. The many that would've been there either will be reducing BGs, or not joining at all. This likely will lead to odd matches. If this is heavily unbalanced, it will cause an even bigger uproar. Those that constantly get an unfair match they couldn't possibly finish, let alone win are gonna go postal.

Imagine giving this the benefit of the doubt, knowing full well it's gonna be tough, and then getting something next to impossible. This will only add fuel to the already spreading fire. Personally, I want to play AW and have fun. My Alliance mates and I are getting ready to try and do this. We MAY end up doing well as a result of being that unfair match for some. Which, yes, nice for points but at the same time, I like a fair match. Being that would be goliath isn't fun. It's a slaughter. That's not a war.

Situations like the aforementioned may end up being commonplace this season as a result in the reduction of Alliances participating. I can't see that being a good thing for anyone. So, unless we get a message last minute in the afternoon prior to the Season kick off... I guess this will be what we have to work with. I can only hope this situation is taken into consideration. It's very likely to be a common outcome. Then again, maybe not. We shall see soon enough I guess.

Agree....just add a few things these forums are put here to express as feedback to Kabam since the AW is going as is and no response it’s unfortunate that all the feedback is going on deaf ears. Also the alliances with Multiple time zones will be a thing of the past our alliance have a few international players and unfortunately a few will be leaving today bc of these changes it’s unfortunate when you have players that you built Camaraderie with over the course of years and or season and gotta let them go bc of timing.
  • I love being wrong, lol. This should help many Alliances be competitive this Season. Thanks Kabam. Was getting nervous with all the posts of Alliances dialing back but, HOPEFULLY this will be enough to have more be competitive. Also will in turn make Defense Tactics more manageable once it drops next Season.
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    And did you fix matchmaking @Kabam Miike ?

Or will we see another season of 2 low prestige teams win top 3 because they didn’t fight anyone else at the top.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the changes @Kabam Miike they are appreciated.

This will mean that alliances will be going into the new season with new nodes and 0 practice and having to change tactics with very short notice. For future changes could a one week delay be considered? Just so alliances can adjust. Thanks.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    The new map, the new nodes definitely takes learning curve that I feel we have adjusted 'slightly' to over the past 2 weeks... Now we need to adjust the day Season 10 starts? Fingers crossed we don't have any bugs/issues with these changes...

• sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    how badly the changes and adjustments are implemented. at the last moment before starting the season .. very sad as they do things
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    And we still have the prestige based match making system that guarantees a certain number of alliances at different prestiges spots within in each tier without ever playing the tougher alliances in that same tier.
  • DarkChyld14DarkChyld14 Posts: 37
    Thanks for the timely update Kabam, just like with the changes in map 7 I am sure these will be in the favor of player base and reduce our item use. Also like always I feel there wont be any bugs that might make some fights a "little" hard.
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    This does help somewhat because you can't really practice a dual on inverted controls so you kind of got to learn as you go on. I didn't mind the two bosses in the middle linked because everyone wants the other team to have one player that screwed up where they might have to fight through a link just to get to the boss section. Even though it seems toned down defense tactics is going to be what makes these nodes that are linked next to impossible so it does make sense. With the defense tactics there should always be just one minor offensive tactics such as the attacker starts with 15% extra health or gaines x amount of armor or special attack deals more damage so it doesn't look like the cards are always stacked against us
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm glad they were able to find a workable solution with the feedback in time.
  • ChenChen Posts: 115

Easy way to fix things... Just do away with seasons (that only bring out the worst in people) and buff individual war rewards. Much less overall stress for everyone.

Agree with everyone here about map change right before season starts. But this is the best, seasons creates a ton of stress for alliances and not worth it for a lot of ppl.
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Posts: 46
    We were not having any trouble with the war maps during the off season. I can see removing the links to the middle, but changing the other nodes? Why? We 100% every day with minimal item use.
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Posts: 46
    edited June 2019
    Munrolm02 said:

This does help somewhat because you can't really practice a dual on inverted controls so you kind of got to learn as you go on. I didn't mind the two bosses in the middle linked because everyone wants the other team to have one player that screwed up where they might have to fight through a link just to get to the boss section.

There should be some linked nodes to the mini bosses like in the last map configuration.
    Like node 46 linked to 53, 41 linked to 51, and 47 linked to 55. This way if 1 section messes up they still need to fight thru a linked node as in the previous war map.
  • Thank you for removing the nodes to 22 and 23.
  • Willie_ArwontieWillie_Arwontie Posts: 17
    DocJC said:

Or will we see another season of 2 low prestige teams win top 3 because they didn’t fight anyone else at the top.

Sooooo... you're saying that in a points system, low prestige people dont belong on top to get big rewards and catch up to the big guys faster?

Could have sworn it was the place system, where there are elimination, semi final and final rounds, that allowed for that, not points.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    The problem is similar prestige alliances only play one another. Let's say if master 4 prestige is 8500 they will never play master 5 alliance because their prestige is 10000. Even though war rating are very similar.
  • DarkChyld14DarkChyld14 Posts: 37

DocJC said:

Sooooo... you're saying that in a points system, low prestige people dont belong on top to get big rewards and catch up to the big guys faster?

Could have sworn it was the place system, where there are elimination, semi final and final rounds, that allowed for that, not points.
    You are not getting the point.... A war between two 10K prestige alliances at 2400 rating is much harder than a war between two 8K prestige alliances at 2400 rating, but still they get the same points... so the winner of the second matchup can be ahead of the loser of the fist matchup.... although the weaker one in the first match is significantly stronger than the stronger one of second matchup.
    Here is what happens
    A1 - 10k prestige, 25m rating, 2500 AW rating
    A2 - 10k prestige, 25m rating, 2500 AW rating
    A3 - 8k prestige, 20m rating, 2500 AW rating
    A4 - 8k prestige, 20m rating, 2500 AW rating

A1 vs A2 - A1 wins 200k points, A2 loses and gets 150k points
    A3 vs A4 - A4 wins 200k points, A3 loses and gets 150k points

in reality A2 would win over A4 any day, but using this system, the weaker alliance can get ahead of the stronger one with out actually facing a strong matchup... at the end, the top 100 will be a mix of various alliances good in their prestige range.... not a true ranking of alliance strength.