**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

RESONATE: Buffed or Description Bugged???

May_The_WayMay_The_Way Posts: 885 ★★★★
I was recently checking through the mastery’s, & realized that Resonate didn’t mention in the description what the odds were in having Weakness applied. I could’ve sworn it was 16%...

I then decided to check past videos on YouTube, to see if I was hallucinating, or was it really once 16%? Sure enough, I checked out one of Brian Grants videos from 9months ago and...

It was definitely 16%.
So why was the description changed? Is this a bug, or was Resonate buffed?

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    It was 16% chance to proc the weakness, and now it’s guaranteed but non stacking I believe
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    It never stacked, and it's not changed it is not a guaranteed weakness each hit
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    It would be great if it was guaranteed per hit. I haven't touched it in a while though.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    They changed it to reflect it is a debuff.
    Still they removed the chance of triggering it ... can't say if it was intended or not
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Absolutely it would be better...so probably still 16% chance..lol
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I'd like to know as well. The description has definitely changed. As far as I can recall, the chance of it triggering went up with the level. And that was in the description. The way it's described now suggests that ANY physical contact attack should trigger it. And only the reduction (strength of the weakness) goes up with each point invested.

However, it doesn't always trigger. Best guess, at level 3, it triggers roughly once per six hits. So the questions are: should it ALWAYS trigger now (as per the description), in which case it's bugged. Or is the description wrong? And, if that's the case, does the chance of it triggering still go up with each point invested?

This is very relevant, especially for map 7 players who take that 'What's Yours Is Mine' path.
  • Hey there everyone, I checked with the team and can confirm that the chance to Weaken the opponent is that same as it was before and we will work on getting the text changed to include that info. Apologies for the confusion.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Hey there everyone, I checked with the team and can confirm that the chance to Weaken the opponent is that same as it was before and we will work on getting the text changed to include that info. Apologies for the confusion.

Why is text changed so often in this game without getting mentioned in the changelog?

-A Hela synergy was recently changed so revive chance was based on KO'd champs instead of Champs with health.
    -MODOK had an entire line of description regarding guaranteed crits wiped (and the in-game effect changed to match).
    -Resonate's description changed as noted above.

It would be incredibly helpful if these changes were logged. Even if they are small, they should be mentioned.