**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think that this list is accurate?

13»

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    issamaf80 said:

Wtf Venom Better then emma best joke

Emma is tanky with huge damage and crit , she can counter Evide champ has power control and tunte , immune to almost every DoT , has ability Reduction , power sting .
    And can tank sp3 with her sig

Emma is 1000× better then venom

Emma has yet to be fully appreciated because her utility is so far ahead of where the game currently is. Immunity to nearly every passive damage mechanic except for degen and Omega’s spores is HUGE. She also has power manipulation AAR and safeguard-like mechanics like @issamaf80 said. The only passive DOT mechanics are Goldpool’s bleed, EMP Modification’s shock, and Human Torch’s Nova Flames. Emma’s utility will continue to rise as more passive DOT are added to MCOC. Idelest (RIP) putting up 70+ mil to get Emma in arena shoud’ve been more telling that it turned out to be.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

issamaf80 said:

Wtf Venom Better then emma best joke

Emma is tanky with huge damage and crit , she can counter Evide champ has power control and tunte , immune to almost every DoT , has ability Reduction , power sting .
    And can tank sp3 with her sig

Emma is 1000× better then venom

Emma has yet to be fully appreciated because her utility is so far ahead of where the game currently is. Immunity to nearly every passive damage mechanic except for degen and Omega’s spores is HUGE. She also has power manipulation AAR and safeguard-like mechanics like @issamaf80 said. The only passive DOT mechanics are Goldpool’s bleed, EMP Modification’s shock, and Human Torch’s Nova Flames. Emma’s utility will continue to rise as more passive DOT are added to MCOC. Idelest (RIP) putting up 70+ mil to get Emma in arena shoud’ve been more telling that it turned out to be.
    I think it is a combination of the fact that much of what she does gets overshadowed by flasher champs and the fact that she has Ghost Rider Syndrome: if you don't play her right, you won't know why anyone thinks she's good.

When you think situational debuff immunity and high crits you tend to think Ghost. When you think tanking damage you tend to think Iceman or Luke Cage or even Korg. And there's a lot of well-loved true strikers out there that can counter evade like Killmonger. And the fact that you get certain abilities in only one or the other form and you need to control your power to switch between complicated the champion. Heck, I've been driving a rank 4 awakened Emma since last year and to be honest I don't think I've learned how to get full value out of her yet.

But I think she's undervalued in the same way Magik was undervalued for a long time after she was buffed, because people didn't really understand what the value actually was. My guess is that it will probably take content that specifically values that diverse set of abilities to change people's minds, just as happened with Magik and power control.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I don't get all the negative comments I've seen about Archangel. You realize they'll never release him as a 6* because he's ridiculously strong. Yes, he's useless against bleed and poison immunes, and limber and stun immune aren't great for him either. But literally every single remaining fight he is a fantastic option.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Or even a champ as relatively straightforward as Voodoo. He has a lot of good mechanics that can be adjusted to the node/defender, but it takes a fair amount of practice and understanding of his abilities before he can be utilized to his best. When to use his SP1 or SP2, odd or even combo, who is poison immune, when to max his ability accuracy vs when to reduce the defenders', and then the physical training of how to chain combos and specials to make it happen.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    It's pretty accurate, but I still disagree with some stuff
    There are just too many tiers to take this list seriously.
  • Rajiv84Rajiv84 Posts: 21
    Shouldn’t Dr.strange be higher up since he was released as a five star
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    You can disagree with me but it won't ever change my mind! In my book , Scarlett Witch is a goddess and so is Storm.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    It's very accurate
    Rap said:

You can disagree with me but it won't ever change my mind! In my book , Scarlett Witch is a goddess and so is Storm.

Storm really isnt, she can hit decently hard with her dupe but nthn more than that
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Let's see...

DS, Kingpin and OG BP are definitely tier D. They don't outright suck like the rest. DS, while nerfed, still has great utility. Kingpin is great against evading and debuff champions. BP has great bleeds.

Yellowjacket, GG and Storm should move up a tier. They are pretty good when awakened and high sig. Yellowjacket has stun, GG is a goblin-of-all-trades and Storm has mad damage on her SP2.

Thor Ragnarok and Ant-Man don't convince me. Thor needs his SP3, which is a major handicap while Ant-Man relies heavily on his synergies, but even those don't compensate enough.

Mordo is rightfully a low demi-god, but Dormammu is really a tier higher. For some people, he's the best alternative to Magik. Killmonger is awesome, definitely god tier. Not convinced of PM however, her performance is underwhelming.

Mephisto is so underrated while MS is overrated. Since all these fire-based champions, he really shines. MS sucks to get souls.

She-Hulk is really beyond god tier. She's so good.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    It's very accurate

Let's see...

DS, Kingpin and OG BP are definitely tier D. They don't outright suck like the rest. DS, while nerfed, still has great utility. Kingpin is great against evading and debuff champions. BP has great bleeds.

Yellowjacket, GG and Storm should move up a tier. They are pretty good when awakened and high sig. Yellowjacket has stun, GG is a goblin-of-all-trades and Storm has mad damage on her SP2.

Thor Ragnarok and Ant-Man don't convince me. Thor needs his SP3, which is a major handicap while Ant-Man relies heavily on his synergies, but even those don't compensate enough.

Mordo is rightfully a low demi-god, but Dormammu is really a tier higher. For some people, he's the best alternative to Magik. Killmonger is awesome, definitely god tier. Not convinced of PM however, her performance is underwhelming.

Mephisto is so underrated while MS is overrated. Since all these fire-based champions, he really shines. MS sucks to get souls.

She Hulk is great but not beyond god tier

Let's see...

She Hulk is great but not beyond god tier
    Even Seatin had put her in beyond god tier but downranked her as a knee-jerk reaction because of the recent fix. He's wrong. Her utility is amazing. There are few match-ups she can't handle.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Very inaccurate
    DalBot said:

Namor >>> AA and it's not even close. AA is gimped against any champ with bleed or poison immunity. Namor still destroys them and has a ton of utility in those fights.

AA is gimped if they’re immune, if they’re not immune AA is still one of the best in the game. He’s not for EVERY fight but there are some very tough fights that he just melts without difficulty. Namor should def be in the beyond god tier category along with cap marvel movie (seriously?!!! She’s insane good) but AA still belongs there also.

🐻
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Seatin often puts a disclaimer in these videos. His tier list is NOT a definitive guide on who is good and who is not. His tier list is just who he thinks is good or bad, based off of his experience with the game.
    For example, I love Spider-Gwen and I think she should be in the God Tier bracket. But that's just me.
    In the end, I watch those videos to hear the opinions of a "pasty white British gambling addict playing video games in his parents' garden", to quote Seatin. I might let that tier list influence my decisions to a degree, but I still like keeping my own opinions at the same time.
    Really, I'd just recommend to everyone that you rank up who you enjoy, but there are just some people who really like min-maxing everything. And that's fine. I'll just do my own thing.

Rap said:

Storm really isnt, she can hit decently hard with her dupe but nthn more than that
    Decently, lol, a 4/40 can crit with 28k damage. That's as much as CAIW SP2. The fact CAIW has more utility makes him a god while she only a low demi-goddess.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I wonder if there’s any viable way to do a community tier list. It would be interesting to see a community wide general consensus on each champ
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Rap said:

Decently, lol, a 4/40 can crit with 28k damage. That's as much as CAIW SP2. The fact CAIW has more utility makes him a god while she only a low demi-goddess.
    Because storm has no utility whatsoever
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Eh, it's alright
    I see accurate stuff and inaccurate but its his opinion so to him is 100% correct and that's all that matters to him. Just like my list and my opinions are 100% accurate to me and that's all that matters to me
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

No, I wouldn't, but you do labirynth only once, while you do EQ, AQ and story all the time, so usefulness of champion only in labirynth doesn't make him god tier. It's like saying Electro is god tier because he was usefull once in act6 on shock path, and then again once in one EQ boss

I'd much rather have a ranked SL in EQ, AQ, and Story than hawkeye unless I needed power control.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Medusa is not beyond god tier for sure. I'd say imiw is better than medusa when both with synergies and when both without. Some more twicks. But more or less accurate
  • Batman1903Batman1903 Posts: 208
    MODOK SHOULD B HIGH DEMI
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    It's very accurate
    Well since this post seems to have resurrected itself, I'ma just plop my latest list down here: