**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

block damage

What is going on with the amount of block damage being taken lately?

In aq we expect this type of thing on day 1, but this is going on day 5 now

How can a full health champ going into the fight after only taking 3 well timed blocks be taken out at 47% health by the final blow(and no it was not a special attack, it was a light attack from Corvus miniboss on map 4)

This really needs to get looked at because people will start getting irate and stop playing again soon.

I’ve also noticed the block damage in arena and in quests and I’ve been told by numerous people in my alliance of this issue as well as other mcoc community members outside my alliance

#makethisgamefunagain
#mywalletsisclosed

Comments

• SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Been like that for a while. I remember over a year back the push from gamers to not block. Parry the only block used. Takes a bit to get used to.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    WingTSE said:

How can a full health champ going into the fight after only taking 3 well timed blocks be taken out at 47% health by the final blow(and no it was not a special attack, it was a light attack from Corvus miniboss on map 4)

This really needs to get looked at because people will start getting irate and stop playing again soon.

I’ve also noticed the block damage in arena and in quests and I’ve been told by numerous people in my alliance of this issue as well as other mcoc community members outside my alliance

#makethisgamefunagain
    #mywalletsisclosed

I am sorry but can you give more details? what map are you playing, what is their pi vs yours? I am on map 6 and well timed blocks do little damage. Regular blocks can take damage, but nothing like 20% per as you described.
    Gamer said:

Lormif said:

WingTSE said:

#makethisgamefunagain
    #mywalletsisclosed

I am sorry but can you give more details? what map are you playing, what is their pi vs yours? I am on map 6 and well timed blocks do little damage. Regular blocks can take damage, but nothing like 20% per as you described.
    He was fighting aginisg covus Glaive that why he take massive blok danmged even from well time blok because he crt trophy it
    good point, that is my fault for not seeing that. yea this is expected, you get crit hit through blocks. Even still I have not taken 60% in 3 hits but then again my perfect block my be higher/triggering.
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    stop playing with 2* champs when fighting with miniboss :P
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Ktashak said:

stop playing with 2* champs when fighting with miniboss :P

Exactly. There's no way your health would drop that much, even against Corvus. Unless you're playing a 2* Wasp or something.
  • Fuzzy_Fuzzy_ Posts: 58
    Despite the Corvus criting through blocks, the OP is right. The amount of damage taken in AQ and AW is scaling at an absurd level. I've had to use healers or perfect blockers to counter the annoying whittling of my health bar WHILE IM PLAYING PERFECTLY.

I've already stepped down from my Gold 1 team partly due to this, along with other annoying tweaks Kabam keeps making to make team events harder. And I'm thinking of retiring in general.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I thought it was only me who feels like my champs have horrible block proficiency 😂😂
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    We run 6x5 and I have a corvus on my lane. I parry him the whole time and barely take any damage. Is your parry mastery and block prof maxed?
  • BoneBone Posts: 30
    Lormif said:

WingTSE said:

#makethisgamefunagain
    #mywalletsisclosed

Lormif said:

WingTSE said:

#makethisgamefunagain
    #mywalletsisclosed

He said he was playing map 4

We run 6x5 and I have a corvus on my lane. I parry him the whole time and barely take any damage. Is your parry mastery and block prof maxed?

I agree with this, I run 6x5 and corvus is on mine as well, I just killed him today with my r4 vision who started with less than 10% health.
  • Pete4ever_khanPete4ever_khan Posts: 193
    Nope. This is true. Ive seen it with 4* maxed champs the damage was ridiculos. But hey kabam can afford some loses... keep playing with us
  • JoBoB1982JoBoB1982 Posts: 32
    It's real, i even saw LC taking block damage before taking a hit and his indestructible expiring, not sure if that's supposed to happen or not tbh. But that extra block damage was very obviously at work today in AQ...
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    By what you said it was against Corvus, he can land crits through the block which deal massive damage
    Midnite93 said:

which AQ map is this?

edited June 2019
    here is map 6 Corvus vs my R4 vision, I lost 7% health the entire fight using parries constantly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuisQdb2TNI
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    For Corvus, it’s probably because he can crit through blocks.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    Man, who remember the days of perfect block teams?
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Man, who remember the days of perfect block teams?

Remember it, never really got to take advantage of it. Got the right champs for it right as they nerfed it.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    WingTSE said:

#makethisgamefunagain
    #mywalletsisclosed

I've seen some crazy block damage from time to time but if you took that much damage then either his crit through block is insane and bugged or more likely you used a 3*.