**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gladiator hulk face me

Freak2Freak2 Posts: 153
Ghulk face me not working

Comments

• LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Use the search bar for YaoJaoLingFang. That guy had a pretty good discussion on Gulk
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Freak2 said:

Face me only works with passive dots
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Freak2 said:

Real helpful. I bet they fix it right away with this great discription of the problem.
    how is your snarky comment helpful again? I swear every single one of your comments is so mean spirited and rude to people. Not necessary
    @BuddyGuyFriend How is OP's comment helpful? He/She has been on the forums long enough to know how to properly report an issue.
    1. Zero helpful information about what they are experiencing.
    2. Posted in the wrong category.

Plus its sarcasm. It's not mean spirited. It's the truth of the matter.
  • BuddyGuyFriendBuddyGuyFriend Posts: 54

Freak2 said:

Real helpful. I bet they fix it right away with this great discription of the problem.
    how is your snarky comment helpful again? I swear every single one of your comments is so mean spirited and rude to people. Not necessary
    @BuddyGuyFriend How is OP's comment helpful? He/She has been on the forums long enough to know how to properly report an issue.

If its in the wrong place let the mods delete it or deal with it. I was more referring to the majority of your comments in general. You seem so overly antagonistic toward anyone you disagree with. Also, you're not a moderator. Instead of being nasty you could ask what they thought was wrong or try to get more information, I've seen things posted here instead of bugs thread but turned into a discussion many times before. Instead you come at it with sarcasm which isn't helpful either. Maybe try be a little more positive and kind toward others on here, you might like it. Let's not pretend your comments aren't available for anyone to read and see how you approach most of your responses.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Freak2 said:

If its in the wrong place let the mods delete it or deal with it. I was more referring to the majority of your comments in general. You seem so overly antagonistic toward anyone you disagree with. Also, you're not a moderator. Instead of being nasty you could ask what they thought was wrong or try to get more information, I've seen things posted here instead of bugs thread but turned into a discussion many times before. Instead you come at it with sarcasm which isn't helpful either. Maybe try be a little more positive and kind toward others on here, you might like it. Let's not pretend your comments aren't available for anyone to read and see how you approach most of your responses.
    He said ghulk face me don’t work but don’t tel how and why so for really @Demonzfyre is rigth in this case
    Gamer said:

Freak2 said:

He said ghulk face me don’t work but don’t tel how and why so for really @Demonzfyre is rigth in this case
    Or, they could just be nice and ask for clarification. instead right out of the gate it was sarcasm and being belittling. I would rather have the mods deal with someone posting in the wrong place instead of coming at them that way, it's not helpful just as much as the post itself. Sometimes a little bit of kindness goes a long way, and to this specific user, I don't see that in the majority of their comments.

Freak2 said:

I'm not a hand holder. They could use the search function as well to look for similar posts. Most likely they think bleed should trigger face me. Theres at least 1 ever day or so on Face Me. There isn't anything new to ask about it. Type face me in the search bar and all questions can be answered.

Freak2 said:

I'm not a hand holder. They could use the search function as well to look for similar posts. Most likely they think bleed should trigger face me. Theres at least 1 ever day or so on Face Me. There isn't anything new to ask about it. Type face me in the search bar and all questions can be answered.
    I don't think anyone who reads your comments on here would accuse you of being a hand holder. And yelling at someone to use the search bar could apply to 3/4th of the posts that appear on this forum every day, but I don't see you coming at them all the same way. Again, maybe think about what you're posting to someone before you come at them and belittle, kindness goes a lot further. This user has similar posts in their history and others responded and had a discussion or got clarification from this user - they had another post edited by the mods for clarity, maybe english isn't their first language, etc. There's a lot we might not know about any user posting on this forum, and instead of being combative and rude out of the gate, trying to help or clarify (if you're taking the time to comment at all which you did) could make this place a lot more positive in general.

Just my two cents, you might not care but you seem to come at almost every post this way and it doesn't seem any more helpful than you're sarcastically accusing this player of being.
    1) I saw no yelling
    2) you are being vastly more demeaning and insulting than he was.
    3) it is not my job to go through their post history and determine what their issues may be. If you ask for help you include all the needed components.

Freak2 said:

I don't think anyone who reads your comments on here would accuse you of being a hand holder. And yelling at someone to use the search bar could apply to 3/4th of the posts that appear on this forum every day, but I don't see you coming at them all the same way. Again, maybe think about what you're posting to someone before you come at them and belittle, kindness goes a lot further. This user has similar posts in their history and others responded and had a discussion or got clarification from this user - they had another post edited by the mods for clarity, maybe english isn't their first language, etc. There's a lot we might not know about any user posting on this forum, and instead of being combative and rude out of the gate, trying to help or clarify (if you're taking the time to comment at all which you did) could make this place a lot more positive in general.

Just my two cents, you might not care but you seem to come at almost every post this way and it doesn't seem any more helpful than you're sarcastically accusing this player of being.
    His post history is filled with zero information posts. This isn't helpful at all. People come in and coddle posters like this, continue to encourage him/her to continue making these posts. It clutters the forums with needless threads that if someone were to do a search, threads like this show up, burying actual helpful threads even further. So no, i'm not going to be 100% soft and sweet and helpful to posters like this that have that history. All we are doing is enabling them to keep doing it. Looking through their post history, they speak English just fine. Just need more of it in the post.

Lormif said:

Freak2 said:

1) I saw no yelling
    2) you are being vastly more demeaning and insulting than he was.
    3) it is not my job to go through their post history and determine what their issues may be. If you ask for help you include all the needed components.
    You don't have to go through their history to be nice to someone, give them the benefit of the doubt, or ask for clarification if you're going to comment in response. You can also just not say anything, if it's just going to be sarcasm and negativity.

Also, i'm pretty sure I asked for the user to try and be more positive and not come out the gate belittling. That's not being insulting or demeaning, it's literally the opposite. If we're going by your comments lately on here, I think you should take some of my advice as well.
    heed your own advice friend... After all you are doing this to Demonzfyre vastly more than he did it to the other user. I mean in the posts you called him "nasty, unhelpful, overly antagonistic", and the irony is you dont see that what you are doing is the same thing.

Freak2 said:

His post history is filled with zero information posts. This isn't helpful at all. People come in and coddle posters like this, continue to encourage him/her to continue making these posts. It clutters the forums with needless threads that if someone were to do a search, threads like this show up, burying actual helpful threads even further. So no, i'm not going to be 100% soft and sweet and helpful to posters like this that have that history. All we are doing is enabling them to keep doing it. Looking through their post history, they speak English just fine. Just need more of it in the post.
    And your post history is filled with many comments from you coming at users with insults, sarcasm, belittling, and generally just negativity. Again, you aren't a moderator and if there's a post that is in the wrong place or shouldn't be here, they will take care of it. Posts come and go every day that aren't commented on and get buried for a variety of reasons, it's a forum.

If someone comes to search for something and can't find it, others can help them locate it. Moderators can help them locate it. That's their job. No one is asking you to do it, or coddle someone, or anything beyond following the forum rules and being respectful of others. I don't really see you being kind or respectful in most of your comments here and I've read them for years now. I would say that isn't really helpful either, but you continue to do it on a daily basis - so what's worse? Why does it matter so much to you?

If someone can't find the relevant information in their search, and made a new post about it, would you actually help them or be antagonistic like you did to this user and many others around here? You have set your own precedent for your behavior on here.. it's strange to see you not at least admit that you're coming across that way, as you seem to know you're doing it intentionally.

And your last point - if i'm reading your response correctly - if they just needed to use more words/english in their post, why not just ask them for clarification, if you were truly interested in either helping or discussing this? Instead, your first comment to them was snide and backhanded.

I would hate to be a new user and come to the forum asking a question, even if it's been answered before and can be found on a search, and have the response be similar to yours. I would rather have open dialogue, encouragement, respectful discourse and trying to help someone, even if by your definition that means "coddling" or "enabling" someone. Speaking for me personally, I think there's way too much negativity towards each other on here rather than insightful dialogue about the game issues. Let the moderators do their jobs and don't worry about how the forum is set up or the ability of someone to search through posts, and maybe try to be a little nicer to others in the future - it can at least help your blood pressure ;)
    @Lormif I said their comments were antagonistic, not them personally. There's a big difference.
    Dtl7714 said:

For explanation on what the OP is most likely experiencing with face me not working here is one of the WAYYYYYYY too many threads on this topic:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/138394/face-me-pasive-effect-on-my-gladitor-hulk-not-working-not-a-bug

On another note I'm not defending this thread. The not working should have been explained. And the OP probably doesnt understand how the ability works.

However making sarcastic remarks and/or bashing people for not searching the forums has on numerous occasions devolved conversations into this needless back and forth of who is being nastier.

If your not a hand holder, that's find but it seems to make more sense to do what I just did as opposed to the silly back and forth that accomplishes nothing

That's exactly the example I was trying to make. That's actually helpful to the user and contributing to the conversation, rather than sarcasm out of the gate. Thank you for getting it :)
    @BuddyGuyFriend, it is very simple, when you ask a question give all information needed to answer the question. this is not that hard. If you look at my first post I answerd what I assumed was the problem, but I get where fyre is comeing from. It is gets to be a pain trying to help people who wont put in the bare minimum effort for the help. people who give enough to know what they are talking about do not get treated poorly, it is mainly those who really dont even try.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

...aaaand another discussion spammed by Demonzfyre technicalities...dude it's so boring and most importantly - your ongoing comments are so misplaced, not helpful, very often rude and always unnecessary. Yet you still continue to involve yourself in every single discussion, more often than not you are not even focusing on the topic itself, but you bring up some minor matter that OP doesn't even want to be discussed in his thread... Seriously, either be helpful or get a life. I haven't seen anyone here with lower quality:quantity ration regarding comments... Please, respect the topics and their authors or don't get yourself involved...

So having the details to verify what the OP is claiming is a minor detail? Stop coming to threads just to insult people, you have gotten other threads shut down for that very same reason.
    For that particular reason, I had gotten closed one single thread, so please, be accurate. And it was the yesterday thread where you had major share on as you actually was the one who provoked the rather inflammatory discussion that was 100% of topic-not unlike what you and your buddy is doing here...again...and again :) so it's quite funny you of all are bringing it up as it does you no good and, again, is inaccurate. And off topic...Again...
    ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

...aaaand another discussion spammed by Demonzfyre technicalities...dude it's so boring and most importantly - your ongoing comments are so misplaced, not helpful, very often rude and always unnecessary. Yet you still continue to involve yourself in every single discussion, more often than not you are not even focusing on the topic itself, but you bring up some minor matter that OP doesn't even want to be discussed in his thread... Seriously, either be helpful or get a life. I haven't seen anyone here with lower quality:quantity ration regarding comments... Please, respect the topics and their authors or don't get yourself involved...

So having the details to verify what the OP is claiming is a minor detail? Stop coming to threads just to insult people, you have gotten other threads shut down for that very same reason.
    For that particular reason, I had gotten closed one single thread, so please, be accurate. And it was the yesterday thread where you had major share on as you actually was the one who provoked the rather inflammatory discussion that was 100% of topic-not unlike what you and your buddy is doing here...again...and again :) so it's quite funny you of all are bringing it up as it does you no good and, again, is inaccurate. And off topic...Again...
    Once again you are gaslighting, read my original post, read fyres original post. We responded to what they asked about, then here comes you and buddy insulting people, taking the thread off topic.
    Lormif said:

@BuddyGuyFriend, it is very simple, when you ask a question give all information needed to answer the question. this is not that hard. If you look at my first post I answerd what I assumed was the problem, but I get where fyre is comeing from. It is gets to be a pain trying to help people who wont put in the bare minimum effort for the help. people who give enough to know what they are talking about do not get treated poorly, it is mainly those who really dont even try.

If it's a "pain" to try and help people because you don't like the question or format of the post, I would recommend scrolling past and ignoring it, and definitely not applying for the new "guardian" position. I'm looking forward to having people with some more patience who can help sort through posts and get to the bottom of what people are asking. I'd rather have that and more respectful dialogue instead of the tactic we're discussing here. I think the forum would be a happier place if that was the norm.
    Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Once again you are gaslighting, read my original post, read fyres original post. We responded to what they asked about, then here comes you and buddy insulting people, taking the thread off topic.
    except you didn't respond to what the OP asked about. For a respectful and helpful response, see @Dtl7714 and their comment above. Had that been the answer I wouldn't have said anything or felt the need to defend this OP who I don't even know. Sometimes if you don't like something, not saying anything is a better option and letting those with some more patience deal with it.

Lormif said:

If it's a "pain" to try and help people because you don't like the question or format of the post, I would recommend scrolling past and ignoring it, and definitely not applying for the new "guardian" position. I'm looking forward to having people with some more patience who can help sort through posts and get to the bottom of what people are asking. I'd rather have that and more respectful dialogue instead of the tactic we're discussing here. I think the forum would be a happier place if that was the norm.
    I wasnt planning on applying for the guardian post. I love helping people, but I have other things to do. And despite it being a pain I still was helpful to the user without being mean, something you really cannot say. To be honest the forums would be better without people like you just attacking people.

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

except you didn't respond to what the OP asked about. For a respectful and helpful response, see @Dtl7714 and their comment above. Had that been the answer I wouldn't have said anything or felt the need to defend this OP who I don't even know. Sometimes if you don't like something, not saying anything is a better option and letting those with some more patience deal with it.
    I didnt? here is my original post:
    Lormif said:

Freak2 said:

Face me only works with passive dots
    It appears you are not paying attention to who you are replying to or what they stated, and just attacking anyone who points out how you are behaving, I would recommend you take a moment and calm down.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    @BuddyGuyFriend - don't feed the troll, not worth it, believe me :) He claims he is not, yet look at his profile, Disagree button is on like 48 hours and it already makes like 15% of all reactions he ever got :) Just leave him be. You can't fix him.
    edited June 2019
    ON12355 said:

@BuddyGuyFriend - don't feed the troll, not worth it, believe me :) He claims he is not, yet look at his profile, Disagree button is on like 48 hours and it already makes like 15% of all reactions he ever got :) Just leave him be. You can't fix him.

interesting how you think "disagree" means anything. Not liking what someone said does not magically make that person wrong.

Man KABAM LYRA must really be a troll, look at his disagree, it is like 30%.....
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I didn’t read all of this but @Demonzfyre has a point. You can’t help anyone by saying “xyz isn’t working” and leave it at that.

I guarantee the OP doesn’t understand how face me works. Without knowing how he’s broKen we cant know if he doesn’t understand the mechanics.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre was right.

OP just posted the something vague.

Hell... according to the OP, Face Me might not be working for a number of reasons:
    1) not facing a passive DoT
    2) not actually playing as Gulk (doesn't work then)
    3) doesn't work when the game isn't installed
    4) doesn't work when you eat too much bacon at breakfast
    5) doesn't work in GTA V when you leap out an airplane
    Etc, etc, etc...
This discussion has been closed.