**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

3 Questions about Ghost for the aficionados

I recently rolled a five star Ghost. I'm anxious to play around with her and try to master her since it seems she has incredible potential if you learn how to do things just right. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I had 3 initial questions:

1. I have a five star Wasp and Hood, but only a four-star antman at the moment. Is Ghost viable in act VI with only Wasp and Hood in her synergy team?

2. Who is the best Ghost youtuber or the best guide out there? She takes a lot of skill but I've noticed some of the popular you tubers are not very good with her.

3. I have a 5 star Tech Awakening gem and already have SL and Vision OG awakened, but also have an unawakened Darkhawk, IMIW and am hoping to one day roll a Stark SM. If I fall in love with Ghost is she worth awakening over those other champs?

Comments

• AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    She's very much usable without antman, he only provides additional attack when she has buffs. You have the important 2, Wasp for unblockable specials and hood to tank sp3's and any passive degen damage when phasing.
    Pandamanpete is a great player, he doesn't have a guide as far as I know but has a bunch of gameplay. I looked him up then scrolled through the suggested feed till I found a couple small yt channels that had decent guides. Takes alot of practice, don't underestimate that.
    Unless she's your main character you play, you might wanna save for starky or darkhawk with lots of stones. That choice is really up to you if yourewanting to play ghost all out, having her awakened for the instant phase and powergain for every miss is a nice icing on the cake.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    1. She's usable without Ant-man. In fact, the only vital synergy you need for Ghost is only Wasp (unblockable specials), while Hood (not receiving damage while phasing), while useful, isn't that important.

2. Pandamanpete has been the Ghost king for the longest time, not sure if it's still the case. Watching a few of his videos made me rank up my unduped Ghost to rank 4 and it was a decision I don't regret.

3. Ultimately it depends on your roster and what you need in the long run. You'll answer that question yourself once you get a hang of using ghost. Personally, I'd awaken her and take her to rank 5 immediately.

But be sure you're comfortable using her and don't get swayed by her damage output that you see from Youtubers. For example, I know Quake is an insane champion but since I'm still not comfortable using her, she's still at rank 3 for me. I know a few people that has a duped Ghost still at rank 2 because players are still unfamiliar with her play style.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Kabam keeps changing the AI vs. ghost so the unique playstyle of hers has gotten more tough to play. Now the AI sometimes waits out her phasing before attacking into her.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    1. While the full Quantum Synergy is important, Ghost is just fine with Wasp since, like others said, it makes her special unblockable.
    2. Seatin has a good guide on her.
    3. It’s up to you really, I don’t think Ghost necessarily needs her awakened ability but it’s nice to have. I have her as a six star so it’s unlikely that I’ll dupe her for a while.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Question for Peasant and others - given that kabam seems to be dead set on making ghost less effectiive (Corvus as well) is it still a safe strategy to invest rank up materials in her?
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

Question for Peasant and others - given that kabam seems to be dead set on making ghost less effectiive (Corvus as well) is it still a safe strategy to invest rank up materials in her?

She just won’t be able to steamroll like she does now. My r4 ghost took both new bosses in the eq this month no problem.
    peasant said:

Kabam keeps changing the AI vs. ghost so the unique playstyle of hers has gotten more tough to play. Now the AI sometimes waits out her phasing before attacking into her.

The ai really isn’t different, it is tougher to phase intercept after a light because it has a faster reaction time than a medium. That’s why you almost never intercept a light attack.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Don’t worry about that. Not many people own pillow hands and want to use him anyway.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    1. Yes, wasp and hood are her most important synergies, and man only really gives attack, which she has enough of anyway
    2. Pandamanpete is by far the best ghost player on yt, he does the majority of content with her and plays her to near perfection
    3. If you get good with ghost she gets a lot from the gem, firing of more special 2s takes her damage to a whole other level, as the s2 provides a good 70% of her damage, but darkhawk is definitely another solid gem option