**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sundays suck for MCOC; how do you think this could be fixed?

So as we all probably know, Sunday isn't the most amazing day to play MCOC. The Crystal Splash and Cornucopia aren't exactly the most enjoyable arenas to play and don't give the best rewards, the Grandmaster Free-For-All doesn't give very good prizes (only a few catalyst fragments) and generally there's nothing too special about the day.
So here are some of my ideas for how MCOC could pimp out this day of 'rest':
  • Reduce the cooldown timer on Quest Energy Recovery. I feel that down to 3 minutes is the lowest Kabam would be willing to go, but hey I'm not a Kabam employee so I dunno (insert that 'i dunno' while waving arms around meme here)
  • Put some nice rewards in the Crystal Splash and Crystal Cornucopia Milestone Rewards. I'm thinking 3* crystals and 4* shards in the final few milestones, units on all/most milestones (wouldn't have to be that much, just a few), and maybe even a few 5* shards if you hit the final milestone on Crystal Cornucopia. I'm thinking between 200 and 500? I dunno...
  • Buff the Grandmaster Free-For-All. And/Or add a t4 quest to it; a fair bit harder than the normal t4 quests, but it'd give rewards equivalent to 1/3 of the rewards for the normal t4 quests, but fragment rewards for EVERY CLASS. I dunno I'd just love to see a t4 FFA quest...
  • No unit cost for Mastery Point allocation. You'd still need to buy cores to unlock the masteries in the first place, but you wouldn't need to spend units to put points in those masteries.
  • +10% gold and exp gained. But from quest tiles only?
So what do you guys think of this? Is there anything that's too OP? Can you think of anything else that could make Sundays fun in MCOC? Please, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

• Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    5* shards need to be replaced in Sunday arena with 6* shards, and the 4* shards bumped up to 5* shards.

It has been nearly 3 full years since the last revamp of the Sunday arena. Think the game has moved on since then?
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Gold realm
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Wouldn't mind a Iso Realm on Sundays really.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Use the search bar! This topic is here every week, no need for new threads.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    TheVyrus said:

I searched and I couldn't see anything. Could you post some links to related threads?
    But anyway, if this post gets merged, that's fine. I've expressed my thoughts and if Kabam has to merge this thread to another one to clean up the forums a bit, then so be it.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Remake of the Sunday daily quest into something people will actually do, like halls of healing.
    edited June 2019

Remake of the Sunday daily quest into something people will actually do, like halls of healing.

hmm that's an interesting idea. What about cycling between Halls of Healing and Halls of Fortune each Sunday? I mean 400k gold isn't a massive amount for end-game players, and 3 revives a fortnight wouldn't be a massive amount, but it would be something...
    Terra said:

Wouldn't mind a Iso Realm on Sundays really.

hmm that's an interesting idea... yeah mid-game really struggles with iso.
    I could imagine it as an arena though... milestones give special ISO-8 crystals that give a certain amount of class-based ISO...
    Just saying I'd love to direct everyone's attention to the point I made about reducing the Quest Energy Cooldown timer. Do people think that would be too powerful, or would it be a reasonable addition? I'd really like to hear your opinions on that...
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★

TheVyrus said:

I searched and I couldn't see anything. Could you post some links to related threads?
    But anyway, if this post gets merged, that's fine. I've expressed my thoughts and if Kabam has to merge this thread to another one to clean up the forums a bit, then so be it.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/search?adv=&search=sunday+arena&title=&author=&cat=3&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Here is a search for Sunday Arena, you could remove the word Arena to expand for more requests to change Sundays activities too.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    I know a lot of people like to play on the weekend, but right now, I kinda like not having much to do in game on Sundays. It's nice to take a day off from playing every week.