**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Based on Your Own Experience, Are Alliance War Season Rewards Worth the Effort?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★

Based on Your Own Experience, Are Alliance War Season Rewards Worth the Effort? 143 votes

Yes; the rewards at the end of the season are well worth the effort.
6%
GroundedWisdomxNigM1k0rinCharlie_SceneEvilgeneticsLormifCarossyThicco_ModeXdSpoodermanxDMr_incredibl3 10 votes
No; the rewards are not worth the effort.
81%
R0n1n1979TacoScottyBigPoppaCBONEEvilEmpireSnizzbarThe_OneLeNoirFaineantDarkestDestroyerTimone147JestressbloodyCainArrsssTrektTamamortSIlverProfessorTeleusLurkerDrownedGodquando213MSRDLD 116 votes
It depends on what I pull from the War Seasons Crystals.
11%
SpiderGwenHeadrollerWerewrymjilanibuxshadow_lurker22Kobster84V1PER1987TheSpicyKnightX_Factor_AgentGritabitEtjamaSquishyjrThe_4THChampSlayerPIZZATIMECtfz35Skinnyfatboy82Ghosty64 17 votes

Comments

• CarossyCarossy Posts: 1,547 ★★★
    Hope the rewards get improved ASAP.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    War season crystals have been garbage since they nerfed them after season one. Rewards are decent if you can get plat one or higher but probably not worth the effort. I like war though, so there is that.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The biggest factor rn is that you need pots/glory to compete into platinum and its better spend on weekly t5b and t2a chunks. So most of us are AQ focused and AW meh until that changes. We’re all just chasing the carrot in the end 🤷‍♂️
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Drooped2 said:

I feel gold 1 is the sweet spot for balance between worth and effort.

Gold 1 always felt the most sustainable for effort/rewards. I dropped to Gold 2 to go completely item-free for a while, and just recently dropped again to an ally with optional AW/AQ. I am back and forth between stepping back up to Gold 1 again or hanging things up for good.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    My outlook is that Season Rewards are additive. Before they existed, we ran Wars for the Win/Loss Rewards. Anything we make on top of that is extra.
    Drooped2 said:

My outlook is that Season Rewards are additive. Before they existed, we ran Wars for the Win/Loss Rewards. Anything we make on top of that is extra.

When seasons didnt exist I didn't do wars at all ever. I refused.
    So I'd argue that the season rewards are the main and the each war is just filler to keep people long enough for seasons.

It's equally as optional with Seasons. If people don't want to run them, that's always an option.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited June 2019

That's a very good point. They're just an extra on top of normal war rewards.
    I think people think of the 'effort involved' as all of the stress of 'oh hey you need to clear your path, and if you die, you could screw up your whole alliance'. And yeah most of the time, that's not really that fun. I can understand it from the point of 'hey you're now encouraged to do your best', but it also means 'hey you get really punished just because you had a bad day' and that's not fun.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★

The season rewards push players for a higher level of execution. Getting 100% map clears and always bringing down bosses didn’t matter before seasons came out. You could just accept the loss and move on with a clean slate. Now that the rewards are so far behind what you can get in AQ it just seems like war isn’t worth getting invested in at all. The player base that enjoyed the competition and strategy is just bummed out that rinse repeat AQ (prestige/spending) is where the meta is at again and war (more skill) has been made largely irrelevant.

The season rewards push players for a higher level of execution. Getting 100% map clears and always bringing down bosses didn’t matter before seasons came out. You could just accept the loss and move on with a clean slate. Now that the rewards are so far behind what you can get in AQ it just seems like war isn’t worth getting invested in at all. The player base that enjoyed the competition and strategy is just bummed out that rinse repeat AQ (prestige/spending) is where the meta is at again and war (more skill) has been made largely irrelevant.
    Those are the expectations placed by Alliances depending on the Rewards they're going for. It's just as possible to play that way now. It just means you put up what you put up, and you receive what you get.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

At that point in the game the maps were much easier than what we have now...
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    I thought they were gonna update AW rewards for this new season.
    But I can't find any changes when comparing them side by side with previous season's rewards.
    Am I missing something? Was I misinformed that they were gonna change the rewards when in fact there was not news on that?
    DNA3000 said:

This may sound pithy, but it depends on the effort. I don't think the rewards are worth the effort many are putting in, but heck, if you choose to just coast in war and not spend units or potions not in overflow, and are willing to accept wins and losses (mostly losses) however they come, then by definition any season rewards you get are more than what you would overwise for very little effort. I think it is worth it then.

Which is, in fact, what I've decided to do. I could do a lot more than I'm doing now, but I've decided to semi-retire from super-active alliance play and just sit back with people I've played with for a while and do whatever doesn't put too much of a burden on anyone's life. It means I'm sometimes inventing challenges for myself like plowing through AQ or even AW paths while links are still up, because the other guy is busy with work, but it is all cool. I find I'm enjoying the game more fighting and dying on impossible to complete paths than I was having before constantly pushing people to log in often or spend potions and units to complete a path. The game is once again a game, where the only player I have to push is me.

I agree. I wouldn't say we've ever necrssarily been considered at the competitive level, but it's much less stressful how we play. We do the best we can with what we're working with, and accept whatever comes. It's really only as stressful as we make it. In my opinion, part of being a good Leader is knowing the balance between push and shove.
  • xSteel55xxSteel55x Posts: 29
    Not worth the stress.
  • Pony_boyPony_boy Posts: 50
    Nope not worth the effort, time invested and resources invested.

And unfortunate this will fall on deaf ears and outdated rewards will continue.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    The change in Maps did not scale the rewards up af the increase of difficulty just another unit grab and cash grab
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    There are 15,000 alliances that will fall behind gold 3 and ahead of stone 1. That is 3x the number of alliances in gold 3 and up. Have a look at those rewards and understand there are more than a few allis trying their best in 3bgs over 12 wars who get 500 5 star shards (or even 4 star shards) for their efforts. You're better off grinding arenas for a few days for a similar payout.
  • espo1espo1 Posts: 28
    Sooooooooooo out of date.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    Cash and unit grab by Kabam also the map rewards need updated if the difficulty is scaled up but a lot nodes are just set for unavoidable damage for one reason only. This game a lot of us play for fun and a challenge but when that challenge does equal time and effort you put in its not worth it. Kabam is easy pushing people out the door for this reason and many others over the years.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    AW sucks. Too much pressure at high levels. Rewards terrible. Waste of time. Play it for fun and loyalty. Crush AQ.