**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My horrible Rift Luck

Okay... I have done 3 Epic Rifts so far. Here are my rewards
1. 1 5* Skill +5 Signature Stone
2. 500 5* Shards
3. 250 6* Shards

A buddy of mine has done two epic rifts

1. 5* Featured Crystal
2. 5* Cosmic Awakening Gem (Where he awakened his Hyperion)

Is there anyway we can get any type of content where we can all get near the same rewards and everyone can get the same things? I hate the rifts because of the sheer amount of **** you can get from them.

Comments

• BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Did 4 epic unstable rift and got 5* sig stones, 750 5* shards and 250 6* shards.

I have been playing for over 2,5 years, and never got top prizes for any event that ressemble the rift...

I am about to change my account’s name to COUABAMS’garbageTruck...
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    DNA3000 said:

Avetrex2 said:

2. 500 5* Shards
    3. 250 6* Shards

1. 5* Featured Crystal

Is there anyway we can get any type of content where we can all get near the same rewards and everyone can get the same things? I hate the rifts because of the sheer amount of **** you can get from them.

If you don't like randomness in your rewards, why are you doing the unstable rift when the stable one has the much lower variability and the much higher worst case scenario? You should only be doing the unstable rift if you actually want to risk lower rewards for a small chance at higher ones.
    That is a good point, but the main reason I do unstable is for the high rewards, I’m only complaining is because I haven’5 gotten anything worth it. If I knew what I was getting, it would save us less stress and a lot of other players would appreciate it too.
    I was thinking along the lines of have the same thing like the rift, but you couldn’t repeat a path. I know I haven’t but if I do another right now, I would have a high probability to get something I’d enjoy more. Thank you for your input though
    Bla bla bla... i have been censored
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

The fact that 2 players can do the exact same content taking the same time and effort etc and one gets 2 awakening gems and the other gets 10 sig stones is a joke.

Exactly! And for those asking why some people do the Unstable Rifts knowing that some of the rewards suck, seeing other people getting great rewards is what may cause them to do it. They think, "If ___ got lucky, maybe I will too." Seeing other people get lucky makes it enticing even when looking at the numbers doesn't...plus, the stable Rifts still have some pretty crappy rewards too.
    The question is not "why do the unstable rift." The question is "why do the unstable rift if you're unwilling to take a chance on the rewards."

If you believe as a matter of principle that the rewards should not be subject to a wide range in randomness, you should pick the rift that has the lesser spread of rewards. If you pick the unstable rift because you believe in chance but only if you personally win, then your problem isn't one I think the game should be attempting to solve.
    The range in the stable rifts is smaller, but there still is a range. So even if you are less risk averse, you are still forced to take a risk. 5* sig stones vs 2000x 5* shards are hardly equivalent rewards for doing the same content.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    This is why the infinity dust event was spectacular.

I have gotten:

Master unstable:

2 four star crystals
    1800 t4cc
    250 4 star shards

Epic unstable:

250 five star shards
    250 five star shards
    Featured 5 star crystal

Epic stable:

3000 five star shards

I guess I've been really lucky and I still unequivocally think these rifts are an embarrassment.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

The fact that 2 players can do the exact same content taking the same time and effort etc and one gets 2 awakening gems and the other gets 10 sig stones is a joke.

Exactly! And for those asking why some people do the Unstable Rifts knowing that some of the rewards suck, seeing other people getting great rewards is what may cause them to do it. They think, "If ___ got lucky, maybe I will too." Seeing other people get lucky makes it enticing even when looking at the numbers doesn't...plus, the stable Rifts still have some pretty crappy rewards too.
    The question is not "why do the unstable rift." The question is "why do the unstable rift if you're unwilling to take a chance on the rewards."

If you believe as a matter of principle that the rewards should not be subject to a wide range in randomness, you should pick the rift that has the lesser spread of rewards. If you pick the unstable rift because you believe in chance but only if you personally win, then your problem isn't one I think the game should be attempting to solve.
    The range in the stable rifts is smaller, but there still is a range. So even if you are less risk averse, you are still forced to take a risk. 5* sig stones vs 2000x 5* shards are hardly equivalent rewards for doing the same content.
    i'd probably take 10 5* sig stones over 2000 5* shards actually, that's close in value if not better. The stable rifts are pretty fair IMO if you want to make sure you get something decent.

DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

i'd probably take 10 5* sig stones over 2000 5* shards actually, that's close in value if not better. The stable rifts are pretty fair IMO if you want to make sure you get something decent.
    Got 250 5* shards..... from stable... so ****
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    Feel like epic rift should give 2500 5* shards each time you run it
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Got sig stones every time, and I did 4 epic unstable. I literally dont care what I get next time. Still dont get the system where you can land within the 20% each time.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Be happy according to prof in unstable there’s a chance to get nothing at all
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Got 5* skill sig stones from epic unstable and 1000 5* from stable
    Pfft
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

I do not like the chance aspect of the rifts, but stable still have a lot of chance to get something you don't want or need. I thought about doing stable but realized there was still a decent chance of me getting 5* sig stones (pretty worthless in my opinion). In my opinion the odds of getting something I want in Stable are still low, so Unstable (while obviously having a higher risk) if even one rift yields high rewards I think its worth it because I could still get crappy rewards in Stable.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Avetrex2 said:

2. 500 5* Shards
    3. 250 6* Shards

1. 5* Featured Crystal

If you don't like randomness in your rewards, why are you doing the unstable rift when the stable one has the much lower variability and the much higher worst case scenario? You should only be doing the unstable rift if you actually want to risk lower rewards for a small chance at higher ones.
    I only do stable and still get shafted 🤔
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Feel like epic rift should give 2500 5* shards each time you run it

What that's like a full formed 5* every 4 rifts not that I would complain
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Spurgeo14 said:

DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

I do not like the chance aspect of the rifts, but stable still have a lot of chance to get something you don't want or need. I thought about doing stable but realized there was still a decent chance of me getting 5* sig stones (pretty worthless in my opinion). In my opinion the odds of getting something I want in Stable are still low, so Unstable (while obviously having a higher risk) if even one rift yields high rewards I think its worth it because I could still get crappy rewards in Stable.
    That's fair, but that doesn't express the notion that you absolutely oppose risk and chance in rewards. You might prefer zero risk to any risk, but you also seem to prefer better rewards at higher risk than lesser rewards at lesser risk. That's a calculated value judgment about risk.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★

After a few sig stone rifts I won the RNG gamble but it's still feels like the Gap is huge between the top and bottom rewards?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

Is this a Philosophy forum? Turning, tweaking a question to have a different frame, on this situation, which is really simple and straightforward?

The guy is upset, with reason, to have bad rewards, he speaks out, and the least we can do is show some support.

I am amazed at all the trolling on this forum, people just looking to be unpleasant, and clearly taking pleasure out of it.
    "The guy" expressed a thought and I responded to it. But the post you're quoting is a response to a completely different guy, who asked a different question than the original poster, which was clearly referencing my earlier post. If you're going to accuse people of reframing posts, it would be a good idea if you make sure you aren't confused about the thread of discussion that is happening first.

Also, I've disagreed in the past with @Spurgeo14 , but I doubt he felt I was trying to troll him with my reply to him or trying to make him feel bad. His post plus my post plus his reply seem to be entirely respectful and calm. Even the OP responded to me perfectly calmly. Your post seems to be the angriest post on the thread, for apparently no prompting reason whatsoever.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

Is this a Philosophy forum? Turning, tweaking a question to have a different frame, on this situation, which is really simple and straightforward?

The guy is upset, with reason, to have bad rewards, he speaks out, and the least we can do is show some support.

I am amazed at all the trolling on this forum, people just looking to be unpleasant, and clearly taking pleasure out of it.
    "The guy" expressed a thought and I responded to it. But the post you're quoting is a response to a completely different guy, who asked a different question than the original poster, which was clearly referencing my earlier post. If you're going to accuse people of reframing posts, it would be a good idea if you make sure you aren't confused about the thread of discussion that is happening first.

Also, I've disagreed in the past with @Spurgeo14 , but I doubt he felt I was trying to troll him with my reply to him or trying to make him feel bad. His post plus my post plus his reply seem to be entirely respectful and calm. Even the OP responded to me perfectly calmly. Your post seems to be the angriest post on the thread, for apparently no prompting reason whatsoever.
    @DNA3000

You are right, I'm not mad and I haven't felt trolled by you at all. I've never seen you be disrespectful to anyone on the forums. I have no issues with you at all, and many of your posts I have agreed with.
    DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

DNA3000 said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Hopper99 said:

That's fair, but that doesn't express the notion that you absolutely oppose risk and chance in rewards. You might prefer zero risk to any risk, but you also seem to prefer better rewards at higher risk than lesser rewards at lesser risk. That's a calculated value judgment about risk.

Sure, I mean, if I absolutely opposed risk and chance rewards I would have stopped playing the game long ago. The reason I decided to go with Unstable is because there were several rewards in Stable I still didn't want. If I had a 90% chance of getting something I wanted in Stable and on 20% chance of getting something I wanted in Unstable I would do that, but I feel like only about 40% of Stable looks appealing to me and 30% of Unstable. Obviously Unstable is still lower %, but if I get any of those things I will be much happier than if I got any of the 40% luck with Stable. Does that make sense? It's more about my perception about what I view as a good reward.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    After 4 trash rifts i was lucky enough to pull a full 5 star crystal. Then i duped my sentry for the second time. I dont know whether to feel bad or good lol