**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Are you free to play?

XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
I’m curious as to how much of the mcoc community has fallen victim to the cash grabbing hands of kabam, and how many have remained free to play.

Are you free to play? 126 votes

I’m free to play.
59%
LeNoirFaineantEb0ny-O-M4wTrektDark89Phoenixdalexander1974TerraDarkrider05Savio444greeley770SceptilemaniacThunderGodZappireOmegaMantkhan08charaderdude2Thecrusher_9756SandeepSJayProngsSaransh245IamTryingMyBest 75 votes
I’m not free to play.
20%
GroundedWisdomGamerdanielmathYotzDuke_SilverErkSyrionBruinsfan8510cx23433TehsigzorzFhfjghhggggjfhfjgX_Factor_AgentDethwraithChuckiesolKG05_1FlintTheSavageArsozBenQcSlayerCapAvengerAshKetchum 26 votes
It was a one time thing...
19%
WardenclockMityAntWîndšpäveHammerbro_64[Deleted User]Donnymeijspiderknight616Cloud99999ToxicBladebinrakKobster84Denzel116DjinMeebletonChainslayerẞlооdTheMethodZuroSquishyjrThe_4THUmbertoDelRio 25 votes

Comments

• SyrionSyrion Posts: 64
    I’m not free to play.
    I am as free as I can be outside of buying 5* sig stones... Those always seem to draw me in
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    I’m free to play.
    If I had money I’d spend every now and then but right now I’m free
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I’m not free to play.

If I had money I’d spend every now and then but right now I’m free

Sell your kidney, gamble it on cavalier crystals, ez clap
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You only got $800 for ur kidney?
  • Jlive78Jlive78 Posts: 58
    I’m not free to play.
    Gladly spend. Love the game and all my other hobbies are free. Oh, and I’m Rich Biiiatch (no, not really).
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    I’m free to play.
    i did not used to be but I am no longer spending a cent on the game. I’ll spend unit deals when I save from arena but not spending cash any further.

This game is so expensive to try and keep up with, drop rates horrible, champion pool so large now, it’s just a mess. Free to play is the way but there are many who spend enough to keep the game going. Those are the ones you can’t compete with
  • binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    Once I bought a 4 star ag for my sw after that no money spent in this game.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    I’m free to play.
    I guess my answer should be “it was a one time thing...” because I did buy the 3* deadpool bundle but other than that I my wallet has been untouched by the hands of kabam.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Hmm. I don't spend often. I do tend to spend on things like the July 4 and Black Friday offers, so I don't think I can say I don't spend much. But it tends to be concentrated on a few good offers that catch my eye.

It is hard to explain how I spend, but in general I tend to spend to play more, not less. In other words, if I would be spending money to avoid doing something in the game, in general I don't do that. If I'm spending money to open doors to playing more, in general I tend to do that. I don't spend to spend past content, because I think it cheats me out of the opportunity to overcome that content with gameplay. I don't spend to chase champions in crystals, because I think that's foolish. But if I'm spending just for fun, or just to grab a good deal that will save some long term progression, I might do that.

With all of its problems, we're given a chance to play a pretty good game completely for free. We should try to not cheat ourselves out of that opportunity. Kabam is willing to let us play for free. But it will not stop trying to convince us to spend money.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    I’m free to play.
    Never spent a dime and never will. I can understand people who buy those single good offers but theyve been meh lately. And I can't understand Whales either tbh.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I’m free to play.
    The only money I have ever spent on the game was for the 1 dollar community choice crystal 2 years ago so I guess I'm not fully free to play but it's close enough.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    I’m free to play.

So what if people spent their money on this game? They earnt their money they can freely choose how to spend it; doesn't mean they have "fallen victim" and F2P players are superior.

That’s not at all what was meant by that phrase but if that’s how you take it good for you. Case closed.

• BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I’m not free to play.
    I can shell out an occasional 8-15$ per month
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I’m not free to play.
    I spend abit here and there
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’m not free to play.
    I’ve spent very occasionally, nothing big.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I believe I've spent around 65-70 bucks. I originally went and spent till I hit $60. Same price I pay for my PS4 games. Then, I went completely FtP after that.. Until the $5 daily card deal came up. I ended up buying it because it is a fair deal IMO.
  • WîndšpäveWîndšpäve Posts: 297
    I spent like $15 bucks on the offer when blade and sparky came out which led to me getting my 4* sparky
  • KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59
    I’m not free to play.
    Bought one of the $70 5* awakening gem bundles and awakened my blade and I buy the subscription things here and there but I’m far from a whale
  • Jlive78Jlive78 Posts: 58
    I’m not free to play.
    I spent $70 tonight on cavalier crystals because.... no idea really. Addiction probably. Some deep rooted issues most likely. Or I’m just a fool with some money.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Back when the game first came out I bought 100 units and bought a premium smh
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    I’m scared to spend . Tomorrow Kabam may introduce something that may be unreasonable and that’s going to get me stuck in a position that may require even further spending to advance.

I’m. Working professional so I don’t have time to grind arena.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    I wasn’t ftp till I got completely fed up with the money grabs on top of listening to blatant lies from certain forum mods. Been months since I considering spending & I never will again. Thank you KM for that!! PS I don’t mean Killmonger