**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Offseason Tanking

MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
I think it’s ridiculous the alliances that tank in offseason get rewarded when season rolls around with easy matchups! My 5M Gold 3 alliance had to go up against a 12M Gold 1 alliance (finished last season) in first war of season. It’s wrong the mismatches to start the first season of this new map getting BLOWN OUT. Our ENTIRE alliance has 1 5/65 champ in whole alliance and almost all of thier attackers were 5/65s. How is that a competitive War?

Comments

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    MetalJake said:

I think it’s ridiculous the alliances that tank in offseason get rewarded when season rolls around with easy matchups! My 5M Gold 3 alliance had to go up against a 12M Gold 1 alliance (finished last season) in first war of season. It’s wrong the mismatches to start the first season of this new map getting BLOWN OUT. Our ENTIRE alliance has 1 5/65 champ in whole alliance and almost all of thier attackers were 5/65s. How is that a competitive War?

Not to worry, at the rate alliances are giving up on this season you may end up in gold 1 by default.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Unfortunately this is one of the issues there is no perfect fix for. You cant make people win, which in most conversations would sound obsurd. You cant base off of alliance rating as high ranking alliances could just dump 4s and below to adjust their rating. You obviously cant trust war rating.

Maybe base matchups off of war season standings. You can only match up with alliance in a certain range of your own alliance in the standings? And obviously freeze standings in between seasons.

But again I'm not sure their is a good solution.
    While I agree there should be punishment it is highly subjective to say obviously tanking.

Obviously that platinum1 alliance with 0 defenders placed across 3 BGs and 0 attacker kills come end of war tanked.

But what about a high alliance that puts in all R2 5*s and dies 2 to 3 times per node as they clear whole map to guarantee loss. Cant prove tanking.

All numbers, ratings, and effort can be rigged. That's why I offered the matchups based off of current season rankings.

That way high ranking alliances cant hide cause there scared of matchups.
  • T0XINT0XIN Posts: 17
    Easy fix. Offseason should give rewards only, without impact to tier placement or rating. That can remain frozen. Afterall, the season is over. Other option, no wars during offseason. Give a week or two to change ally & recruit.
    And you cant trust the game o monitor anything. I know people who got banned from the game temporarily cause they were winning fight in war with 0 hits.

They actually had to send in videos of themselves playing with Quake so Kabam would believe them.
  • T0XINT0XIN Posts: 17
    Consider preseason sports. No effect on standings.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Not really most serious alliance run a shell and tank that during seasons. In single BG mode
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,721 ★★★★★
    Why don't you just tank then or something
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    War rating determines matchups in new system. This a dumb response
    T0XIN said:

• GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    #offseason #dontletnoglawin
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    MetalJake said:

T0XIN said:

This is false. Prestige has been the primary criteria for match making the past 2 seasons. War rating is the second criteria. This is why you have 10m alliances in tier 3/4, they never play against larger alliances with the same war rating.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Did u read the original quote from rutile. My 5M alliance got matched with a 12M alliance for first war of season
    QuikPik said:

MetalJake said:

T0XIN said:

This is false. Prestige has been the primary criteria for match making the past 2 seasons. War rating is the second criteria. This is why you have 10m alliances in tier 3/4, they never play against larger alliances with the same war rating.