**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enough of RNG rewards.

@Kabam Miike Can you please move away from RNG based rewards. It's so unbalanced from player to player. Move back towards the store system you've done before. Collect the resources and trade them in for something you actually want/need. Having RNG rewards is a massive slap in the face to us. #makemcocgreatagain

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    BigDog34 said:

@Kabam Miike Can you please move away from RNG based rewards. It's so unbalanced from player to player. Move back towards the store system you've done before. Collect the resources and trade them in for something you actually want/need. Having RNG rewards is a massive slap in the face to us. #makemcocgreatagain

I can understand how frustrating it is to not pull what you want, but the game has always been largely based on RNG. I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm not sure what you mean about making it great again, but this has always been the case. It's also great when we have the luck to pull what we want. It just takes some patience.

So many bad pulls before 1 good one.... unbalanced reward system

What's the number people call bad, and what's the number people call good? ;)
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

So many bad pulls before 1 good one.... unbalanced reward system

What's the number people call bad, and what's the number people call good? ;)
    Bad pull always > then good pulls

Pulling GT champs always < to pulling meeehh champs

BigDog34 said:

I can understand how frustrating it is to not pull what you want, but the game has always been largely based on RNG. I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm not sure what you mean about making it great again, but this has always been the case. It's also great when we have the luck to pull what we want. It just takes some patience.
    Why do the EQ rewards need to be RNG though? We have had EQ's where we had guaranteed rewards or the player chose the rewards. Something like the Intel event where the player could choose what they wanted.

It seems kinda unnecessary adding RNG to EQs. It hasn't always been like that.
    Actually, they've had a variety of EQ formats. Some rely on RNG, some are straightforward Rewards, some involve currency. There is a range and they vary. I think people were disappointed that there were two back-to-back, but they won't all be RNG-based. I remember the first Rifts. They were actually amazing at the time. People barely focused on the RNG.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

BigDog34 said:

Patience for something thats isnt permanent? If it was story or LOL type quest then yes patience is fine. But patience for something is not permanent and only lasts 30 days doesnt really make much sense.
    Buttehrs said:

BigDog34 said:

Patience for something thats isnt permanent? If it was story or LOL type quest then yes patience is fine. But patience for something is not permanent and only lasts 30 days doesnt really make much sense.
    No. Patience with RNG in general. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. That's why it's called lucky. Lol.
    Besides, getting what you want everytime becomes very boring after a while. Just ask The Kardashians. XD

Besides, getting what you want everytime becomes very boring after a while.

No wonder this game is SO fun! Wait, what?
    I think it's fun. I would imagine most of us feel the same way, or we wouldn't play it. If there was only people getting what they wanted, it would lose a great deal of excitement for the times we did, the thrill of the chase, and really get dry after a while. Not to mention, if there was no randomness and waiting, and everyone just got what they wanted, that would put a serious curve on progress overall.

I think it's fun. I would imagine most of us feel the same way, or we wouldn't play it. If there was only people getting what they wanted, it would lose a great deal of excitement for the times we did, the thrill of the chase, and really get dry after a while. Not to mention, if there was no randomness and waiting, and everyone just got what they wanted, that would put a serious curve on progress overall.
    Thanks for the paragraph, I just wish we could somehow translate sarcasm through text. I do love this game, but games shouldn't frustrate the player to the point that this one does at times.
    I can't name a game that's kept my attention for more than 3 years that hasn't frustrated me. In fact, I can't name a Mobile Game that's kept my attention as long as this one. All games frustrate us from time to time.

Thanks for the paragraph, I just wish we could somehow translate sarcasm through text. I do love this game, but games shouldn't frustrate the player to the point that this one does at times.
    All games frustrate us from time to time.
    Decent enough point but I could sit down and tell you stories for hours about all sorts of things that are frustrating about this game, and not even just the RNG aspect. Just putting that out there.
    Probably. I'm of the mindset that the enjoyment outweighs the frustration because when it doesn't, that's when people choose to leave. I've had moments where I had to step back and release the stress. Then I come back to it. Some choose not to stick with it, and that's respectable as well. For me, I focus on what I enjoy and don't look at what frustrates me for too long.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Besides, getting what you want everytime becomes very boring after a while. Just ask The Kardashians. XD

Seatin never gets bored of it
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

BigDog34 said:

"It just takes some patience"
    How much? Is 4 years not enough?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Like the side events don’t even have to be store events but guaranteed rewards if I grind the same as someone I shouldn’t get 100 times less rewards then them

BigDog34 said:

If someone has been playing for 4 years steady, and RNG hasn't thrown them a bone yet, I'd be curious of how they're playing.

He has his share of bad luck. That just doesn't make for good T.V. :smile:
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429

I can't name a game that's kept my attention for more than 3 years that hasn't frustrated me. In fact, I can't name a Mobile Game that's kept my attention as long as this one. All games frustrate us from time to time.
    I can only think of one call of duty black ops 2 but I would rather play this over that
    edited June 2019

I can only think of one call of duty black ops 2 but I would rather play this over that
    There are a few for me. Diablo 3 for example. As far as Mobile Games go, this is the Mac Daddy for me. Most have either been beaten, or lost my attention.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    The RNG rewards have a low floor, but a really high ceiling. Currency type events may let you get a guaranteed AG, but then you'd have to decide if you want the AG or a featured crystal. With the rifts, if you run hot (and plenty have) you can get multiple top end rewards.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

BigDog34 said:

If someone has been playing for 4 years steady, and RNG hasn't thrown them a bone yet, I'd be curious of how they're playing.

He almost always gets the featured Champion but then again who knows how much he actually spends and opens

BigDog34 said:

He almost always gets the featured Champion but then again who knows how much he actually spends and opens
    His pulls are the same just as the rest of us. Two subtle differences are a) he has enough resources to try, and b) no one watches us when we pull anything.