**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix backdraft intercepts already

Comments

• DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    This is still a thing. 23.1 update, iPhone 8+, WiFi.
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    feels like it's fixed now
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Notcho59 said:

feels like it's fixed now

Not even close, AI is still acting stupidly passive sometimes.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Thanks for the additional information everyone. It has been passed on for review.

Any updates since? Its been nearly a week since this was passed on for review. The first reports of the bug have been out for more than 6 weeks by now. I don't see what is taking this long.

Kabam Miike said in a separate thread that you guys have people who tested the new AW nodes, which would presumably include the Aegis (intercept) node. Really curious - did nobody testing these nodes attempt to clear it with the backdraft intercept technique? Because if anyone testing had a modicum of skill they would have realised that the backdraft intercept technique would be the safest way to clear the node and would also have realised that it was broken at the time.
  • Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 50
    @Kabam Miike post a video of yourself backdrifting after hitting into their block (they must then dash out at you and you intercept) and I’ll believe you when you say the AI hasn’t changed.

Until then I’ll continue to wear my tinfoil hat
  • Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 50
    I also think it’d be good for us to show our failed attempts at backdrafts to simply prove that the AI has been altered. The only time I can dash in and out after a blocked hit is when they try a light attack or stand still. If they dash in after I hit their block it’s game over for me...

Also yes it happens with every champ
    So in testing this some more for free, it seems this is most likely to happen if you have opponent against the wall, hit block twice, and dash back for the intercept. opponent will hit you before you can do anything. playing opponent against the wall is a risky proposition these days anyway, as I've also noticed that finishing a five hit combo with them against the wall and dashing back can also get you wrecked. Same with launching specials with them against the wall. sigh.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Destroyer said:

So in testing this some more for free, it seems this is most likely to happen if you have opponent against the wall, hit block twice, and dash back for the intercept. opponent will hit you before you can do anything. playing opponent against the wall is a risky proposition these days anyway, as I've also noticed that finishing a five hit combo with them against the wall and dashing back can also get you wrecked. Same with launching specials with them against the wall. sigh.

Good observation, I hope it gets fixed. I don't understand how we can rely on skill when we don't have the tools.
    At this point I'd be happy if they would just let us know what's going on. Is this a bug or not? If not, it was an intentional change? Some communication on Kabam's part, even a quick "We're still working on a fix" or "git gud" would at least let us know we're being heard on this. This would be welcomed in some of the other threads that have been open for months, namely the SS bugs and launching specials on block.
    no doubt. I started late 2015 and have def felt changes in the AI, but nothing like this and the specials/dexes/counterpunched when hitting block bugs/tweeks. huge nerf to the actual player imo. Unless these are bugs, in which case I hope they announce incoming fixes in the Known Issues thread for 23.1.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Ultra8529 said:

I'm pretty sure this is due to an animation/frame rate change or an AI change. It came along with a ton of other bugs like Sentinel and X23 not allowing you to punish their special 1s anymore. Just wish they'd revert it back to how it was.

It is a staple in any players toolkit, it needs to be preserved or all stun immune content has just gotten harder.

The war on skill must stop.

I think most players agree with this. BUT, kabam keeps saying they did not change the AI response time. But it is extremely OBVIOUS for players that the AI is dashing in A LOT faster than before when we attack their block. AI also recovering faster from specials, AI also countering with specials while hitting block, etc etc etc.... this is like the definition of changing AI response time 😂 yet they still deny it
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I believe the issue actually lies from block recovery time. I've been hitting into opponents block and they'll fire a special.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I believe the issue actually lies from block recovery time. I've been hitting into opponents block and they'll fire a special.
    Another month of this? Come on.
    Is this even an acknowledged bug? @Kabam Lyra

DJSergy said:

Ultra8529 said:

I'm pretty sure this is due to an animation/frame rate change or an AI change. It came along with a ton of other bugs like Sentinel and X23 not allowing you to punish their special 1s anymore. Just wish they'd revert it back to how it was.

It is a staple in any players toolkit, it needs to be preserved or all stun immune content has just gotten harder.

The war on skill must stop.

I think most players agree with this. BUT, kabam keeps saying they did not change the AI response time. But it is extremely OBVIOUS for players that the AI is dashing in A LOT faster than before when we attack their block. AI also recovering faster from specials, AI also countering with specials while hitting block, etc etc etc.... this is like the definition of changing AI response time 😂 yet they still deny it
    And yet miike said in the post about the fix of punishing sentinels sp1, the ai was changed back to the way it was before to make it punishable. Hence the ai was changed.
    Definitely.
    If I am not mistaken, I believe the official explanation given by Kabam Miike, at least at one point, is that "Sentinel's sp1 was always difficult to punish", and that they had 'increased the window' for it to be punished so that players don't find it too difficult. Prof Hoff made a video of this reply. They have never acknowledged that they changed the AI as far as I'm aware, although pretty much the entire end game community knows that the sentinel issue was an AI/framerate change. Pretty sure the backdraft issue is similarly an AI/framerate change.
    They should reset it back to how it was, before the Sentinel SP1 issue
    I am going to guess no one's going to do anything about this, but I am sick of making a comment every few days trying to get an answer
This discussion has been closed.