**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Recruitment grievances

Does anyone else feel like a lot of players that are looking for a new alliance are shooting way above their ranking. Like a 100k player is looking for a 10mil alliance. Anybody else come across those issues or just me? It seems like newer players want to join the best alliances and not find an alliance to grow with.

Comments

• Yes absolutely. see this so often, global is full of people who want in on ally's way above their pay grade. You want a high alliance? Do the work in one that suits your level first.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Definitely have seen them and they usually get mad when I interview them and tell them they aren't ready.

There are good people out there just be clear about what you are looking for in recruitment posts.

Also recommendation is to focus less on total PI but instead on there actual champs to a level that matches what you need for AQ/AW, prestige, and also skill level for fighting.
  • There are internet tips telling new users to look for a powerful alliance to join. Why fart around with 1,2,3* champs when getting into a strong alliance can get you 4 and 5* champs. I'm not advocating this, just pointing out that the tip to try to do this is out there.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I think it's funny when officers recruit and require the new players to have a higher rating than he/she does. The irony is pretty ironic.
  • I have turned away many 'higher rated' players than me, if their prestige isn't where it needs to be then that's more important than the 150k worth of maxed 3*s they have
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Depending on if you sold champs or not you could have pretty low rating and still have a strong team for AQ and AW. That said there is a very slim chance a 100k player would fit seamlessly into a 10 million or higher rated alliance.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I have turned away many 'higher rated' players than me, if their prestige isn't where it needs to be then that's more important than the 150k worth of maxed 3*s they have

Yep. We had someone join our alliance recently level 51 with about a 150k rating and 3 of their 4 top champs were 3 stars. How is that even possible? I asked him but he never responded and he's gone now so...
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    haplopeart wrote: »
    There are internet tips telling new users to look for a powerful alliance to join. Why fart around with 1,2,3* champs when getting into a strong alliance can get you 4 and 5* champs. I'm not advocating this, just pointing out that the tip to try to do this is out there.

So true.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    If you can't do Map 5x5 because you're not strong enough don't ask for it. That's my issue. You can't put in the work
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    When the answer to every question about progress is "Join a good alliance so you can get some good **** otherwise just keep stagnating with your roster" then of course no one wants to join an alliance where the rewards are the same as what a solo player can earn.

No one wants T3 anything, no one wants PHC or 3* shards and no one wants 3* sig stones.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    I mean I grew up with the alliance I'm in now. I never switched to a higher alliance I stuck with them. Help an alliance grow and grow with it. Plus it is easier nowadays to get better champs than it was back in the early days.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The majority of players just want in a better alliance and don't know that they aren't ready for it yet
  • [quote="JohnnyViper;c-88454"Yep. We had someone join our alliance recently level 51 with about a 150k rating and 3 of their 4 top champs were 3 stars. How is that even possible? I asked him but he never responded and he's gone now so...

Its actually pretty easy, if you have a large stable of champs and have been grinding through the game for a while. Sounds like he might be a similar type of player to myself, not hard core constant player, casual and hour or two a day on aveerage. I came into my current alliance 1.5 years ago and when I joined I was maybe level 45ish with only 3 or 4 4* champs at the time if I remember correctly.
  • If your having issues with recruitment or finding an alliance please check out this thread https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/15726/alliance-merger-coalition#latest