Domino block break annoying AF!

dabetchadabetcha Member Posts: 26
Kabam, come on! Get your stuff together and fix this stupid bug once and for all!

I thought this issue can only be seen on AW (which is annoying as hell too), but now I can't freaking complete this month's uncollected event because there is a freaking domino on the ONLY path I have to yet complete and I can't kill her. I swear that I'm not usually a bad player, but this just got ridiculous: I lost all my team facing her just because she kept breaking my block (and yes, I tried to not block her but, still, it's too damn hard!)

When Domino entered the game the bug came along with her, until you fixed it. But now, since the last update, it came back.

Please, PLEASE, fix this annoying bug.

Thanks.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    She doesnt break blocks. You are dashing back to early after her medium attack. The real bug is that your champ shouldn't be able to release block until her medium animation is done. She cant, won't and has never broken blocks.
  • RaiserRaiser Member Posts: 424 ★★

She doesnt break blocks. You are dashing back to early after her medium attack. The real bug is that your champ shouldn't be able to release block until her medium animation is done. She cant, won't and has never broken blocks.

Yeah this dude is right... You're complaining on something that doesn't even exist. Do not dash back after domino medium first hit because her medium is two hit. That's make you got clipped.
  • RaiserRaiser Member Posts: 424 ★★
    If you do not sure to dex his medium, try block it until she do heavy..
  • dabetchadabetcha Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2019

Guys, I need some help then, because I swear that I hold block again and I just got wrecked...
  • dabetchadabetcha Member Posts: 26

She has... I asked Brian Grant too during his live stream and he confirmed what I said. She did break blocks before, Kabam fixed it, and since the last update she does it again.
    Javiba said:

She has... I asked Brian Grant too during his live stream and he confirmed what I said. She did break blocks before, Kabam fixed it, and since the last update she does it again.
    100% false. The bug has alwats been with the speed of her meduim attack and that it also allowed you to release your block during the 2 hits. This is what the original bug was and also has resurfaced. Theres been zero proven cases of her actually breaking blocks. Zero.

There are only 2 champions with a double hit medium, Drax and Domino. Dominos medium is supposed to be like Draxs where you can't release block. Since we dont have many champs with 2 hit mediums and the A.I generally backs off after a medium hit, we, as players, are used to dashing back to create space. Its this muscle memory that gives the illusion of a block break.

If you are ever going to prove otherwise, you must record the fight but you need to have your phone set to where your touches show on screen when happening. Other than that, you can't prove it.

Also think of this, if she can't break blocks as a defender, why dont you see her breaking blocks as an attacker?
    Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks
    Javiba said:

Guys, I need some help then, because I swear that I hold block again and I just got wrecked...
    You're releasing block. Hold block until she backs off or goes to start a heavy attack.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Her 2-hits are just far enough apart that the player can queue an input (like dex or dash) and the game will allow that action to begin, but then her 2nd hit is also fast enough to intercept whatever action you queued. This is the same mechanic players were exploiting with Drax and AA to bypass Mordo's astral evade before that was changed.

You have to hold a steady block through both hits. Against every other incoming attack you can tap block but also slide your thumb back so that your champ blocks the first hit and dashes immediately afterwards. This simply does not work because Domino's 2nd hit will get you.

Regardless of what the players call it, Kabam does need to change the mechanic so that blocking the first also means you block the 2nd (like against Drax).
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Member Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Javiba said:

100% false. The bug has alwats been with the speed of her meduim attack and that it also allowed you to release your block during the 2 hits. This is what the original bug was and also has resurfaced. Theres been zero proven cases of her actually breaking blocks. Zero.

There are only 2 champions with a double hit medium, Drax and Domino. Dominos medium is supposed to be like Draxs where you can't release block. Since we dont have many champs with 2 hit mediums and the A.I generally backs off after a medium hit, we, as players, are used to dashing back to create space. Its this muscle memory that gives the illusion of a block break.

If you are ever going to prove otherwise, you must record the fight but you need to have your phone set to where your touches show on screen when happening. Other than that, you can't prove it.

Also think of this, if she can't break blocks as a defender, why dont you see her breaking blocks as an attacker?
    Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks
    Moon Knight and Phoenix also have a Double Hit Medium, only on their Combo Finisher Medium though.

Javiba said:

Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks
    Moon Knight and Phoenix also have a Double Hit Medium, only on their Combo Finisher Medium though.
    You are usually locked in block mode on a 5 hit combo though and usually can't let go of block.

You are right though. I didn't remember those 2.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

Javiba said:

Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks
    You are usually locked in block mode on a 5 hit combo though and usually can't let go of block.

Hela's final medium is 2-hit as well. I'm sure there are a couple more (IWIM maybe?)

Javiba said:

Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks

Hela's final medium is 2-hit as well. I'm sure there are a couple more (IWIM maybe?)
    It's possible. Ive never even noticed to be honest. I guess Dominos is more obvious than the others. Or we fight more of her as a defender.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

Javiba said:

Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks

It's possible. Ive never even noticed to be honest. I guess Dominos is more obvious than the others. Or we fight more of her as a defender.
    I’m sure we fight IMIW pretty much as defenders too. It’s just that we are very accustomed to holding a firm block through his attacks and wait for his heavy.
    edited June 2019
    xNig said:

Javiba said:

Because
    She
    Doesn't
    Break
    Blocks

I’m sure we fight IMIW pretty much as defenders too. It’s just that we are very accustomed to holding a firm block through his attacks and wait for his heavy.
    I couldnt even tell you what his meduim animation looks like. And I fight him every day in AQ.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Haha. His ending medium is a double kick.
    xNig said:

Haha. His ending medium is a double kick.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh yes. Now I remember.