**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Just In: Spider-People Go Berserk in July!

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I'll be traveling in July, so the grace period for the login calendar is appreciated.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

I'll be traveling in July, so the grace period for the login calendar is appreciated.

Same. That’s actually a good policy for summer months in general.

Dr. Zola
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    As player who is trying to get through act 5.4 I can say 5 star are not irrelevant, also I have got 1 6 star champ and that is deadpool x force, should I take him to rank 2 over my 5 star rank 4 corvus I doubt that, this calender sounds great, if it doesn't sound great to you then don't login in for the rewards. I also have watched a lot of act 6 videos and everyone seems to be using 5 star symbiote supreme against the champion so the argument of relevance seems a bit stupid
  • HorlockHorlock Posts: 20
    5* AG Interesting.
  • JoeLEzdLJoeLEzdL Posts: 1
    Ps Está Bien Gracias
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Sounds like a great update. 5 stars wont become irrelevant for a long time. Took Act 6 with harsh requirements and even then 4 stars arent irrelevant and still useful to a lot of endgame content. Also to the troll in the comments it may be true that some people are ranking up 6 stars to rank 2 and ignoring 5 stars but are they shooting for prestige? Because you maximize prestige from sig200 r5 5 stars which cant be done with 6 stars unless you are the biggest and luckiest whale in the game. I know several people from top 10 alliances that still dont have a single r2 6 star and only focus on 5 stars for prestige and content clearing.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

Qwerty said:

Please no more champs that have a miss ability

There are actually a few counters to “miss champions” I don’t think they are that bad anyway.
    afaik there's daredevil and one of the new champs that can't miss. daredevil isn't good for end game level content for the most part.

who else am i missing?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Qwerty said:

Qwerty said:

There are actually a few counters to “miss champions” I don’t think they are that bad anyway.
    afaik there's daredevil and one of the new champs that can't miss. daredevil isn't good for end game level content for the most part.

who else am i missing?
    Nick Fury and Human Torch are the ones I hear mentioned all the time.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Qwerty said:

Qwerty said:

who else am i missing?
    Daredevil is the only hard counter I can think of. But any champ can beat a miss champion(short of ebony maw and corvus)
    this is insanely optimistic when champs are ramped up so much that 2 random combos from the missed action will KO your champ.

invisible woman was good because you can understand when you'll miss, same with ebony maw, i don't like dark hawk and hood where you can't even chance attacking when they're in their missing phases because they will end you if RNG decides to allow you to miss.

overall it's a bad mechanic unless it's predictable.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I think that's the first time I've seen a disagree option in the forums.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Sounds exciting
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

by the time you unlock the good rewards 5 stars will be irrelevant, they already starting to diminish in value, imagine 4 months from now with the millions of cavalier crystals opened over that period.

Kobster84 said:

to show how much you are appreciated they are making you login for 3 months straight to get a prize lol
    with all the bugs and oversights in the last 3 months they should just give the rewards as a sorry with no BS attached

No offense but complaining about something like this is ridiculous I’m normally extremely negative in terms of kabam but this is amazing just from the first look as well
    You also have to remember there will be other rewards in the calendar such as revives and units combine it with how it seems the appreciation will go on for the entire summer
    5*s won't be irrelevant until 6* rank 3 are commonly available. That won't happen before the end of the year.
    5*'s are getting close to irrelevancy. At this point you should be very picky when deciding to waste rare resources on R5ing 5*'s.
    Close to irrelevancy? Close. They are almost irrelevant? If there was ever a point at which people r5ed any 5* willy nilly I must have missed it lol. At every point you should be picky about who you are taking to R5, but most people don't have even one good duped 6*. Those that do still use 5*s for all game modes. How are we close to 5*s being irrelevant?
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Wow... looking forward to July!
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Just what the game needs another spider man that’s gonna be OP, while we have classic DD and xforce in 6* crystals. Well played 😑
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    Spiderverse characters event, bring out your venoms and truestrikers summoners :smile:
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

Just what the game needs another spider man that’s gonna be OP, while we have classic DD and xforce in 6* crystals. Well played 😑

Ah yes, I too relate a new announcement of a character to the existence of the 6* basic pool’s more lacking additions, and thusly blame the company for this blasphemy

Let’s not overlook the summoner appreciation calendar. Kabam deserves some love this time, alright?
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    Kabam please add some generic sig stones to the calendar. They look like the rarest resource to me in the game.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    This is what should have happened for endgame. Super excited!

• SarreySarrey Posts: 55
    V1PER1987 said:

Qwerty said:

It’s Spidey. He’ll have evade. But then there is stealth mode. So maybe miss as well. He’ll either evade or you’ll miss all your attacks.
    But we are Venom !!!
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited June 2019

ItsDamien said:

by the time you unlock the good rewards 5 stars will be irrelevant, they already starting to diminish in value, imagine 4 months from now with the millions of cavalier crystals opened over that period.

Kobster84 said:

to show how much you are appreciated they are making you login for 3 months straight to get a prize lol
    with all the bugs and oversights in the last 3 months they should just give the rewards as a sorry with no BS attached

No offense but complaining about something like this is ridiculous I’m normally extremely negative in terms of kabam but this is amazing just from the first look as well
    You also have to remember there will be other rewards in the calendar such as revives and units combine it with how it seems the appreciation will go on for the entire summer
    5*s won't be irrelevant until 6* rank 3 are commonly available. That won't happen before the end of the year.
    5*'s are getting close to irrelevancy. At this point you should be very picky when deciding to waste rare resources on R5ing 5*'s.
    Close to irrelevancy? Close. They are almost irrelevant? If there was ever a point at which people r5ed any 5* willy nilly I must have missed it lol. At every point you should be picky about who you are taking to R5, but most people don't have even one good duped 6*. Those that do still use 5*s for all game modes. How are we close to 5*s being irrelevant?
    I mean there's also the point that there are a LOT of players for whom 5* champions are still EXTREMELY relevant. For example, I only have 20 5* champions, one of them duped. And this 5* Awakening Gem Crystal is very likely going to be EXTREMELY useful for my progression. Unless I get Tech... which would suck... but I suppose that if I got that one, I'd just wait for Sentinel...
    Not everybody is at that level of endgame content that people like @Thatweirdguy might be at. And 5* champions are still extremely relevant for a fairly significant portion of progression. You might get a couple of good 6* champions, but your 5* champions are still going to be 1) more numerous, 2) awakened and/or higher signature level, and 3) they cost 33% less t5b to get to rank 5! If you're going to take a 6* to rank 2, you need to make sure you intend to take them to rank 3 when that becomes possible, AND that you're willing to use that extra t5b on them.
    Yes I expect that 5* champions will eventually become a lot less relevant for end-game players. But that won't be until t5ccs are plentiful, and even then, I feel like 5*s are going to be relevant for a LONG time to come. Not that that means that 6*s are NOT relevant... it's just that they both are.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    5*s are still relevant for every player in the game. No one can r3 a 6*. 5*s will become less relevant as time goes on, but they aren't close to irrelevant.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I am very excited for the calendar, but I think that activating this long term event in July and August, when many people have vacancies and holidays is quite...stressing ? I have already said goodbye to that 5* AG just bcs I have planned my summer the way, that I will miss huge part of one month EQ, which would be fine for me if it weren't for this new calendar. Is this just my problem or does anyone feel the same ?
  • SarreySarrey Posts: 55
    This looks like a good move. But still, we need to wait for the time and see the outcome. People are fighting and wasting time to prove themselves here. We should get some filter to see the insightful comments here.

thanks