**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best counter champ to Magik

DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
edited August 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Best counter champ to Magik 291 votes

ArchAngel
29%
GamerDakine86Yelin547Eb0ny-O-M4wMEKA5Willjackson16Hulk_77TillerTheKillerItinho2107RavenHoodTKalSteelCurtainMUTCrazybaca2323I_ZERO_IThatsausageThatSavageTrimbobScottryanAppleisgodVartox 86 votes
Dr Voodoo
3%
CYNDRDBODYxtremegamerMwhitaker23KakaratSpeedbumpnebDtyttfthgProperPopperGautam91DragonsniperRhQBuckinghamshire_2 11 votes
Magik
24%
OwGssEtaki_LirakoiDL864Draco2199NonuLaylicVdh2008NevvBdanielmathLocoMotivesthetaman23N8oradeKronos987654321GbSarkarDrakon56RvzHaji_SaabNoob_2yrsRenegade_DoggyWorld Eater 72 votes
Vision OG
2%
FuzzylumpsOnur4headGhengisHan1haunted_memoryLalalalqsamarthaadiscience22Midnite93 8 votes
Starlord
1%
Kyjeaaadreday_syWebheadUnltd 3 votes
Deadpool OG
0%
Edrago555 1 vote
Black Widow
1%
Armaganon00TeddersSamuel030sGreenstrokeEdddyFCB 5 votes
Hawkeye
1%
XillymanBertiJumpBotSpidey983Florvensky 5 votes
Other
34%
GroundedWisdomRagamugginGunnerAlex_sc11Batty_NumppoSBundyBearShrimkinssfu_koraxAEG93mostlyharmlessnHolyDirkness41DemonicStalkerPhonieStarkVladTapesSlyCat42Ghostspider231buffajrzuffyJets44DidzeeKDoggg2017 100 votes

Comments

• JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    I don't think there's a best champ to beat her, but there are definitely champs that make her easier to beat.

I'm assuming you're referring to her in AW, so it depends on what node she's on. If she's on stun immunity magik, awakened voodoo, gwenpool, dormammu, black-widow, awakened archangel would be stretch since his main supply of bleed comes from his heavy, vision or hawkeye if you block hits to build special. When she's on immunity that narrows the champ selection quite a bit. Vision/OG, dormammu, gwenpool, black-widow, possibly still awakened voodoo but I don't know if his possession can still be applied.
  • chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    edited August 2017
    Other
    I like gwenpool vs Magik tbh. Champ like xbones will feed md, esp if she's on a mini/boss node. I'm sure archangel is awesome but I don't have him. Magik works well too but I just don't like using her
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Other
    How about Winter Soldier, with his recent buff does he not at least deserve a mention?
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Magik
    NevvB wrote: »
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    How about Winter Soldier, with his recent buff does he not at least deserve a mention?

MD. Goodbye WS.
    He just has the one fury buff, it's not that much MD power gain.

Way better than CB.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Other
    5/50 gwenpools rip through magiks even on boss nodes if you play agressively you can one shot 4/55 5 star magik bosses
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    ArchAngel
    I have AA and GP both in war just for her, given they are both good champs but it's for bosses. Magik works good as well but I prefer those two
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Magik
    As an aw boss voodoo is better but overall magik is your best choice against herself
  • Other
    Sungj wrote: »
    5/50 gwenpools rip through magiks even on boss nodes if you play agressively you can one shot 4/55 5 star magik bosses

This is my experience as well
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I'm not too sure. Recently, I tried adjusting my team to counter only Magiks (I mean, there's also NCs but technically any champion can counter that with some luck and skill). So because it's so recent, I haven't had too much experience.

2 of my champions supposedly counter Magik well, Gwenpool and Magik. Based on that little experience (only 1 war), I actually find Gwenpool more effective than Magik, just because she easily bleeds Magik out and makes her Limbo trigger less often. For Magik, I guess she is also good, but it's a longer fight. Both are definitely good counters to Magik, but I think I'm leaning closer to GP
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    ArchAngel
    Whoever voted Magik doesn’t have an Archangel lol
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Other
    Not saying he's the best, but Yondu works great. I use him with max DW, some inequity and even 4/5 collar tech. Easily stack some bleeds and get a SP1 heal block on before Limbo from her SP1 expires. She won't regen, she gains very little power from hits, zero MD, and enough weakness when he's duped to seriously limit her Limbo damage after she uses a special.
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    ArchAngel
    AA destroys her hands down !
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    ArchAngel
    I have , voodoo, magic, gp, and AA seems to be the magic killer!
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Magik
    Magik, but duped guillotine is useful also
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Other
    Surprise no mention of CAWWII. He works well for me
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Magik

MD. Goodbye WS.

Way better than CB.

That one fury buff could be the end of you. The fury buff refreshes every time he gets fury. Since you do not know when you are actually getting fury buffs, you will feed MD at a pace you can not control (which might make him even worse than CB).
    I have tried WS in AW against a mystic champ and they reached l3 really quick from fury buffs that were unexpected.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Other

MD. Goodbye WS.

Way better than CB.

That one fury buff could be the end of you. The fury buff refreshes every time he gets fury. Since you do not know when you are actually getting fury buffs, you will feed MD at a pace you can not control (which might make him even worse than CB).
    I have tried WS in AW against a mystic champ and they reached l3 really quick from fury buffs that were unexpected.

Maybe you need to improve your baiting skills. He can work as can Crossbones if you are good enough at baiting.

However, why was there no choice for Gwenpool?
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Dr Voodoo
    voodoo wrecks magik as aw boss. I can solo a 5 star rank 4 magik full health in one go with a 4 star rank 5 voodoo
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    ArchAngel
    Guilli is good, she's my third option on AW to GP and AA... however you need to count on her healing to counter limbo damage and since the 12.0 her healing hasn't been as good.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    edited August 2017

MD. Goodbye WS.

Way better than CB.

That depends on your WS. The higher his sig level the more often he gets power drain

rktmxq8kk972.png

High enough sig. level.... Goodbye MD!!!
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Other
    Revives and units.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    Old Man Logan arena coming up in just 1 month...just saying.

seriously though, i have limited champs that are good gainst her.

I do like hulk. at R5 sig 60 he isn't gonna oneshot a 5* r4, but he does a LOT of damage before going down.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    BCdiscman wrote: »

MD. Goodbye WS.

Way better than CB.

That depends on your WS. The higher his sig level the more often he gets power drain

rktmxq8kk972.png

High enough sig. level.... Goodbye MD!!!

You might want to read that sig again. His chance of power drain does not increase. The AMOUNT of power he drains increases. It's a flat 15% chance that his crits trigger power drain.