**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many champs did you get from Arena? And who are they?

Comments

• Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    More than 20 (You've got to be joking)
    When 4* were still relevant to my roster, I would grind every 4* basic that I didn't already have on the roster. Featured grinds? Two ever. 4* Phoenix way back. And 5* Sparkles.
  • FlintTheSavageFlintTheSavage Posts: 58
    10-20
    I've grinded for each new 4* featured since havok and got a few prior, as well as any 4* basic heroes I was missing trying to get at least 1 version of each champ as a 4*
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Exactly 2. 3* Cap ww2 when he first came out and I didn’t have any 4*s yet. 4* blue Clops the first time he was the basic champ just because I had time and I’d never done close to 3M and wanted to see if I could, the champ was irrelevant. Now I could get a 5* if I really tried but I’d never invest that much time.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    1-4
    3* iron patriot was the first one I got when he was originally added to the game. That was a ‘test’ to see if I could actually score enough points to win the champ or not. I also got 3* Hawkeye, black bolt and 4* Psylocke. She’s the only 4* I ever went for because she’s a champ I really wanted. I generally ignore arena altogether because I hate playing it personally, I don’t think I’ll ever go for another champ to be honest. It just takes up too much time and I’ve always found it boring.
  • BogiaBogia Posts: 125
    1-4
    A couple months ago, I got a 3* Hela twice, both with around 400K points. A few days ago, I was surprised to get a 3* Darkhawk for around 800K.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Too many to count. I usually run every new 3*, unless something comes up. Basics all depend on which ones I need. I really don't have too many spaces in my 4* Roster. Just did Darkhawk though. I haven't taken a crack at the Featured 4 or 5. I have a decent enough chance with my Roster. I just haven't felt the urge enough yet. Might be time to start with some lower Cutoffs. I'm always Grinding something. Whether to farm, or for Champs.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    1-4
    Grinded out a 3* medusa when she was new
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    10-20
    Lots of basic champs
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    1-4
    4* Rogue for 1.6 mil. Never tried ever again.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    5-9
    When my account was in beginner bracket back in Late March/Early April 2016, I managed to score 7 3* champs, 2 Spider-Gwens, 2 Electros, 2 Kamala Khans and 1 Agent Venom (Good times.).

Apart from that, I got Carnage in April this year for 1.75mil

(Gonna grind for Thing when he comes out in the basic arena after Invisible Woman's arena concludes)
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    10-20
    I remember my first grind back in 2016, it was for Captain America WW2, and I think I got him for 2.8 mil or something like that. My highest grind (before there was a 5* arena) was for Hyperion or Voodoo, which I got for 7 million / 300 streak. I think in total for the ones I actually did go for, it was less than 10 champs but ended up around 10-20 unintentionally because cutoffs were so low.

Nowadays I only do 3 million / 35ish streak in the 5* featured arena and 1.5 million / 45 streak in the 4* basic. It gives a decent amount of units and shards with minimal effort.
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 87
    Starting out, I always tried to land the newest champ in arenas as a 3*, until Gwenpool/Cable joined, then 3* didn’t have a huge role in my roster besides filler purpose. I went for all of the basics until Sparky joined, then I switched it up to on/off. In terms of champions I’ve put HOURS of my life into, I have grinded these 4* arenas: Luke Cage, Magneto (Marvel Now!), Gwenpool, Howard the Duck, Hyperion, CapWW2, Deadpool x2. For 5*, I haven’t had that many opportunities to grind, but my short list is: Goldpool, Thing, Domino. These are only champions I’ve gotten from arenas, but I did put up over 30M both arenas for 5* Torch. Didn’t really commit to the grind, but I will for Sue.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Didn’t miss a 4* basic champ for around two years. Of course, that was a while back.

Dr. Zola

For a stretch I was getting every 3* and every 4* basic, plus the occasional 4* featured, under the old format arenas. Between then and now I think I should have at least 40 champs from arena, but I've never tried to stop and count.
    I only went the 3* route at the very beginning. Once I understood the stamina needed for 4* basic grinding, it was all I did.

After a certain point, it became only using 4*’s, then only 3/30 4*’s and above, then 4/40’s. New players need to understand and appreciate the fantastic effort-reward payoff of 4* basic arena when you’re building a roster, because it starts to evaporate once you’re playing for 5*’s.

Dr. Zola
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    1-4
    Omega Red, Emma Frost, Carnage x 2, and Guillotine (all 4* basic)
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    1-4
    Darkhawk
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Where’s 0?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    5-9
    Select 4* basics (blade, spark, voodoo, hyperion) and one or two accidents resulting from low cut offs (Fixit, venompool)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've never gone for a 5*. Used to go for the occasional 4* basic. I hate arena.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    edited June 2019
    1-4
    I have done a couple, probably around 4 or 5 I'd expect. Haven't gone for one in a long while, though I still remember my first one. Karnak. I was so convinced he was gonna be a monster when he first came out, pulled him as a 4* from a featured premium crystal, spent a full 3 days grinding to awaken him. I honestly dont think I've ever used him in a quest...

*edited*

I have to share this since it's an arena topic and it popped into my head. A buddy I've played with since we started years ago went for black widow as the basic 4* with Joe fixit as the featured, back when both champs were in the same arena. He overshot her by about 5 spots. Still one of the funniest things I've ever seen in this game.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    I’ve barely touched arena lately but tbh I’ve lost count of the champs I’ve gotten from there😂
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    1-4
    I guess nobody cares, however, i grinded for Guillotine, cuz i just had pulled 5 star Mornigstar, and i got her!
  • Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66
    2 when gwenpool was addded go for twice
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    1-4
    I got the three I went after all 4* Electro my first back in the day (knowing what I know now wouldn't have done it) and Ghost and Symbiot Supreme
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    So many, Ive lost count. Probably over 80 at this point.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Too many to count! The one that stands out the most is Goldpool. I actually requested time off of work to get him.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    10-20
    Since january, I've been getting all the new champions as 3*, to at least have them in the collection and more importantly test them to judge their weakness and potential. I also got Aegon before that because I really liked the story in that event quest (it was my first ever arena grind). Also got 4* Ghost when she was in the basic arena earlier this year.
    Nowadays I could probably (barely) go for the 4 stars but that would mean having no life for 3 days, so nope, 3 stars it is.