**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About the refund policy

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

As mentioned within the announcement:

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

Here’s the problem. Every help ticket I have ever submitted (and yes I mean EVERY help ticket) has gotten some amalgamation of the response that the game is “working as intended” and my help ticket is automatically closed. Now I know that people probably abuse the system, and I know you need to protect yourself from these “egregious” abuses, but don’t for one minute pretend that this policy was put into place for the balance of the game. Google play and Apple store policies are put in place to make sure that our rights as a consumer are protected from egregious abuses from companies like yourself, who time and time again have shown that you care more about the financial gains than you do your player base. This is just another in a long line of enraging decisions that you have made and personally I’ve had enough. With that, let me just say thank you for making me a free to play player and for pushing me one irreversible step towards retiring this absurd contest of credit cards. I really hope someday Karma comes back upon you in the form of bankruptcy and class action lawsuits for violation of Apple store and google play policies.
    The consumers right act was put in place specifically for digital mobile games such as mcoc. There is no way they can do this. You can return whatever you want, even a car within a certain amount of days and they're telling us people can't refund digital items. It's comical. There's laws in place because all we know companies can change drop rates, even though the visual percentage might say 5% for winning a 5* champion from cavalier crystals, but in reality it could be 1%.
    They didnt say tou canr refund.they said if you refund you need to pay back the cost of the product if you want it again.
    They didnt take the product back from you.

Think of it as a business owner
    I come in and buy 100 dollars worth of food.
    I demand a refund but dont return the food.
    Would you sell me more food? Or demand I break even with you first?
    One your business goes bankrupt the other is how all businesses operate
    You analogy would be better if you mentioned that they had the ability to take back the food once notified, breaking even on the exchange, and didn't use it.
    I ate the food and it was bad hence the need for a refund.
    Much like you used the units and it was bugged.

You have the weakest argument there ever was in the history of analagies lmao
    Your supporting refunds and keeping the product with no cost to you.

Where I come from we call that theft and its illegal
    Two months we had the worst gameplay with bugs, lag etc... I know ally members that bought $50 dollar energy refills and revives to play act 6, but they got frustrated with bugs they decide to return the items they didn't use. Imagine buying all that stuff and kabam has months of horrible gameplay and now you can't refund? Nonsense. You have no valid point. Btw, no one ever mentioned refunding cavalier crystals! We are talking about the items!
    It doesnt matter what you buy if you get a refund you return the item.
    If you cant return the item (you still use it) energy refills or champs you create a negative balance. Not sure why your against this. Unless your admitting to fraudulent refunds.
    You are clueless! Who said anything about keeping the items??! We're talking about cash! Not the damn items! We know we can't keep those if we refund! Go back to sleep
    Kabam doesnt negate purchases if you refund. Dude are you lost?
    If tou get cash back you should lose anything bought with that cash correct?
    Since that DOESNT happen. It creates a negative balance this new policy addresses the negative balance.

That's it.
    Dude, you got issues. Kabam is negating the ability to get our cash back! I never said I want to still keep the items! If I buy revives and energy refills and the game is bugged, I want to have the ability to refund my CASH and NOT keep the items!
    Actually, we've never had that ability. As per the TOS, refunds were prohibited. Those were the terms we agreed to in making purchases.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

Here’s the problem. Every help ticket I have ever submitted (and yes I mean EVERY help ticket) has gotten some amalgamation of the response that the game is “working as intended” and my help ticket is automatically closed. Now I know that people probably abuse the system, and I know you need to protect yourself from these “egregious” abuses, but don’t for one minute pretend that this policy was put into place for the balance of the game. Google play and Apple store policies are put in place to make sure that our rights as a consumer are protected from egregious abuses from companies like yourself, who time and time again have shown that you care more about the financial gains than you do your player base. This is just another in a long line of enraging decisions that you have made and personally I’ve had enough. With that, let me just say thank you for making me a free to play player and for pushing me one irreversible step towards retiring this absurd contest of credit cards. I really hope someday Karma comes back upon you in the form of bankruptcy and class action lawsuits for violation of Apple store and google play policies.
    The consumers right act was put in place specifically for digital mobile games such as mcoc. There is no way they can do this. You can return whatever you want, even a car within a certain amount of days and they're telling us people can't refund digital items. It's comical. There's laws in place because all we know companies can change drop rates, even though the visual percentage might say 5% for winning a 5* champion from cavalier crystals, but in reality it could be 1%.
    They didnt say tou canr refund.they said if you refund you need to pay back the cost of the product if you want it again.

You analogy would be better if you mentioned that they had the ability to take back the food once notified, breaking even on the exchange, and didn't use it.

Two months we had the worst gameplay with bugs, lag etc... I know ally members that bought $50 dollar energy refills and revives to play act 6, but they got frustrated with bugs they decide to return the items they didn't use. Imagine buying all that stuff and kabam has months of horrible gameplay and now you can't refund? Nonsense. You have no valid point. Btw, no one ever mentioned refunding cavalier crystals! We are talking about the items!
    If you cant return the item (you still use it) energy refills or champs you create a negative balance. Not sure why your against this. Unless your admitting to fraudulent refunds.
    You are clueless! Who said anything about keeping the items??! We're talking about cash! Not the damn items! We know we can't keep those if we refund! Go back to sleep
    Since that DOESNT happen. It creates a negative balance this new policy addresses the negative balance.

That's it.
    Dude, you got issues. Kabam is negating the ability to get our cash back! I never said I want to still keep the items! If I buy revives and energy refills and the game is bugged, I want to have the ability to refund my CASH and NOT keep the items!
    Actually, we've never had that ability. As per the TOS, refunds were prohibited. Those were the terms we agreed to in making purchases.
    That's a rough arguement as apple and google(the actual stores both allow refunds)
    By kabam adding that to their tos its saying KABAM doesnt offer refunds which is true.

Most manufacturers make you return an item to the store for a refund and not back to the factory
    The OP stated that they're taking our ability to refund. We've never had that ability, under the TOS thus far. Something I believe people should familiarize themselves with before making purchases. Third-Party Vendors (Apple, Google) have their own policies concerning these things, and that may include refunding money and/or contacting the Developer to resolve issues. In the event of egregious cases, it involves the platforms contacting the Dev. However, under technical terms, refunds are not allowed. That's because we're not actually purchasing anything for ownership, we're leasing permission to use their product, and that comes with specific conditions.
    While people have been able to execute refunds through the platforms, the possibility of action from Kabam has always been there. I agree with you, in that receiving a refund without returning said Items is fraudulent. It seems to me that what they are doing in effect, is instituting an insurance policy to prevent this from occurring. Rather than removing said Items, they are creating a negative balance that must be cleared before making purchases again. All things considered, I think it's a smart move.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

That's it.
    Hmmm, the post only claims that you cant buy an item, use it, then ask for a refund. Thats cut and dry fairness. Itd be ridiculous to expect otherwise.

You saying you used the items on a bugged fight isnt a talk about REFUNDING. Its a talk on compensation. Bugs that cost you items have always been COMPENSATED with items- not cash. Save for a few instances when apple will step in. You buying items to use on bugged content doesnt entitle you to the money back, it entitles you to the items you spent back.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

That's it.
    Hmmm, the post only claims that you cant buy an item, use it, then ask for a refund. Thats cut and dry fairness. Itd be ridiculous to expect otherwise.

You saying you used the items on a bugged fight isnt a talk about REFUNDING. Its a talk on compensation. Bugs that cost you items have always been COMPENSATED with items- not cash. Save for a few instances when apple will step in. You buying items to use on bugged content doesnt entitle you to the money back, it entitles you to the items you spent back.
    Wait a minute i need to backtrack. The post acrually says that ALL purchases refunded will give you a negative balance becauwe theyre "nonrefundable". That seems to be trying to undercut Google and Apple vwry blatantly. If your platform determines i should be refunded, how will you then go and punish the user for it?
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    Hope their lawyers vetted this. Could be a class action lawsuit if not.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    edited June 2019
    Mixalis said:

I emailed my boss and he responded by saying if Apple won't refuse this policy, we can't neither. Both Apple and Google play must both have the same policy regarding refunds. This is not my expertise, because I'm a programmer.

That's odd because that's not true: Google and Apple have different policies regarding refunds.