**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6.2 Compensation Not Worth it For Me

2»

Comments

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    But it is a bit unbalanced if you get 1000 units worth for just entering. I can understand why it seems a bit too generous from that standpoint. I guess they just didn’t feel like going through the effort of individually checking everyone’s account, considering how many players there are, and not knowing whether they lost units to the bug or to lack of skill.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It is mainly about how unbalanced the package is. Anyone who did even a bit of 6.2 got this package. Those of us who got to the end only to get stuck here, and most people lost more then I did, had to deal with the actual issues that where in the game. I may of only spent 700 units whilst it was bugged, but then I had to use roughly the same to get it done once it was patched. I've ended up losing out, and have been given back compensation that is no longer relevant to myself. It also doesn't compensate the week or so of resources i lost out on whilst I was stuck on this bug

You did not lose out, others just got what you did. You still got more than what you put into it.
  • rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104

Seems mostly fine to me, especially since it’s only compensation for the “bugs,” and a lot of the units spent were against the fights as they are now. Then again, I’m not in Act 6 yet, so what do I know? Anyways, the moral of the story is to always wait a day and check the forums before doing any new content.

You shouldn’t have to check the forums to see what is bugged. This content should be released in tested and working order

Plus if nobody tried the content day1 like myself how would anyone know about the bugs. People should stop hating on the summoners who do the content day1. It helps others and clearly points out the content flaws

Seems mostly fine to me, especially since it’s only compensation for the “bugs,” and a lot of the units spent were against the fights as they are now. Then again, I’m not in Act 6 yet, so what do I know? Anyways, the moral of the story is to always wait a day and check the forums before doing any new content.

You shouldn’t have to check the forums to see what is bugged. This content should be released in tested and working order

Plus if nobody tried the content day1 like myself how would anyone know about the bugs. People should stop hating on the summoners who do the content day1. It helps others and clearly points out the content flaws
    Tell me one peice of game software that is bug free? There isnt any because you can never find all the bugs that millions of players can.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

There's a huge difference between trying day 1 content and foolishly dumping thousands of units into it
    It would have taken them months probably to do exact compensations to specific accounts if it were even possible. Anyone who expected much more than this was flat out fooling themselves
  • NirocharlieNirocharlie Posts: 54
    I agree I got roughly, in terms of unit cost, what I lost to the bug and what I had to spend to then complete the quest after the patch. Again, there are two issues here. Firstly, I am trying to highlight that a lot of people spent way more then i did, and got the same amount back as people who didn't even have to deal with the issues.
    Secondly, though I got roughly what i spent back, the resources that i got back have far less value to me then the actual units i lost completing the content. It would be the right thing for Kabam to actually give the units people spent back, so they can use them how they would have actually like to use them.
    Lormif said:

Tell me one peice of game software that is bug free? There isnt any because you can never find all the bugs that millions of players can.
    The recent content from this game seems to have more bugs than any other game I’ve ever come played
    And I did initial completion of 6.2 while bugged btw, I'm not just spouting off out of my rear. Had I gotten to sinister or champion and needed to use more than I had iny stash, I'd have shut it down though

Lormif said:

The recent content from this game seems to have more bugs than any other game I’ve ever come played
    Then you dont have much experience to pull from, and even still does not support your quoted comment.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Then you dont have much experience to pull from, and even still does not support your quoted comment.
    I’m 40 I’m sure I have experience playing other game so not sure what your point is

When act 6.2.2 was released it would not be unreasonable for people waiting to complete it to assume it was tested and fit for purpose

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I’m 40 I’m sure I have experience playing other game so not sure what your point is

When act 6.2.2 was released it would not be unreasonable for people waiting to complete it to assume it was tested and fit for purpose
    And your evidence it was not tested and determined it was "fit for purpose"? Again all software has bugs, and with that in said it is never reasonable to assume on release something is bug free.
  • Harith1987Harith1987 Posts: 69
    Not worthy and haven’t equaled with what I spent!
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

And your evidence it was not tested and determined it was "fit for purpose"? Again all software has bugs, and with that in said it is never reasonable to assume on release something is bug free.
    The fact they had to admit it was bugged and changed it so soon after release is evidence enough
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Although I appreciate the items, they don't replenish the unit stashes used, this doesn't even come close to what some had to spend (myself included) just to find out it was bugged

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The fact they had to admit it was bugged and changed it so soon after release is evidence enough
    No, it actually does not.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Just got mine as well, I agree on the units end if you used them, but based on what kabam said and personally being stuck on sinister because of no counters I'm honestly just grateful we got a package! Wth lol
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    So having to deal with all the bugs in a completion run was worth the same as someone that started 6.2.2? Where is the logic in that. It should have scaled based on what content was completed, not one size fits all. Pathetic.
    Forward said:

So having to deal with all the bugs in a completion run was worth the same as someone that started 6.2.2? Where is the logic in that. It should have scaled based on what content was completed, not one size fits all. Pathetic.

It is easier for them to do a one size fits all then research every player individually to see what they found and if they were included in the bugs.... You guys are unreal. If the compensation did not cover the loss you can typically contact support, but being upset someone got the same compensation as you is just ridiculous.
    Lormif said:

Forward said:

It is easier for them to do a one size fits all then research every player individually to see what they found and if they were included in the bugs.... You guys are unreal. If the compensation did not cover the loss you can typically contact support, but being upset someone got the same compensation as you is just ridiculous.
    Your clearly commenting just to wind people up, calling people pathetic when they have a valid point is bang out of order

I actually did contact support when I was removing The Champions indestructible buffs and still my special 3 wasn’t killing him

Support were awful, this is what they said
    “Firstly, I do understand your frustration in this situation, putting that much time, effort and resources into completing an objective just to run into someone that cannot be defeated is more than heartbreaking. While I do know where you are coming from, at this time we will be unable to provide completion of the quest in question as it is still being investigated for correction. This is due to the nature of this issue being community-wide so we will be unable to provide compensation on a one on one basis”
  • This is one of those no win deals for many involved. At least as of right now. Kabam does nothing, people are pissed. Kabam does do something, but doesn't appear to take all the factors into consideration, people are pissed. Players run into bugged content while going for a Legend run, get bonked in the process, and burn a bunch of resources that wouldn't have been used if it wasn't bugged. In some cases they're forced to abandon the run, making the pain from the items burned all the more intense. All in all, I can see why this current package doesn't seem to cut it for some.

I get the frustration here. One could argue that there is a certain amount of responsibility that falls back upon the players though. There were a few who mentioned that they dialed back once they found it over the top being bugged. Now, that seems to be the wise decision. Generally speaking, it is.... On the flipside, if everyone did that with the 1st major incident, how long would it have taken to find them all?

This was a case where a tiered approach to the compensation would've been wise on Kabam's part. Perhaps they'll revisit this if enough players express their distaste for what's being done. My advice, be mindful of how you express yourself here. Doesn't help to blow your top. Present yourself in a calm, collected, and cohesive manner.

I don't think anyone who didn't push through would be upset by seeing those who did get a bit more. I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on if they did show any semblance of opposition to such. Personally, I think this should be given a 2nd look all things considered. I would be happy to see a secondary compensation package for those impacted on a higher scale by these bugs. Perhaps they will come in waves. The initial package being this one. Then those who made it to the 2nd issue get a bit more, and a final for those who went against The Champion.

As I'm not personally impacted by this, I can only emphasize here. I would imagine the frustration is real. If everyone with a grievance would try to maintain their composure when presenting their cases here, we may see an amicable response for all those impacted by these bugs. I wish y'all the best on this one, and hopefully these points get acknowledged by the mods.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★

If everyone followed that logic, "wait a day and check the forums", the results would still be the same. Someone needs to be the guinea pig that goes first. A game of this scale that's obviously more than one someone.

The real moral of the story is that Kabam should be vetting their own product prior to release.

The company I work for has a field test team. Their purpose in life is to begin testing products during their release candidate cycle. During that phase, they test, report bugs, then repeat when the bugs are fixed. The whole process is typically two months. This very clearly doesn't happen with Kabam, then horribly bugged content is released, costing people money is many cases, and their compensation isn't even close to being on par with the actual costs some incur.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    An ally mate who only did one run of 6.2.1 and didn't even enter 6.2.2 got the same as me who did completion before learning of the bugs. Feels good man.

Lormif said:

Forward said:

Your clearly commenting just to wind people up, calling people pathetic when they have a valid point is bang out of order

I actually did contact support when I was removing The Champions indestructible buffs and still my special 3 wasn’t killing him

Support were awful, this is what they said
    “Firstly, I do understand your frustration in this situation, putting that much time, effort and resources into completing an objective just to run into someone that cannot be defeated is more than heartbreaking. While I do know where you are coming from, at this time we will be unable to provide completion of the quest in question as it is still being investigated for correction. This is due to the nature of this issue being community-wide so we will be unable to provide compensation on a one on one basis”
    Umm please point out where I called someone, anyone, "pathetic", I will wait, but not hold my breath. Please do not create strawman arguments, it shows you are the one trying to rile people up not me.
  • We understand there is frustration and disappointment backing a lot of this right now, but bear in mind that we couldn't go back and personally give each Summoner what items they had used. What we did instead was do our best to give Summoners back what we felt balanced out most of the items that had been used during that time. We apologize for the inconvenience and the frustrations this may have given some, however, we're closing down this thread due to much of the inflammatory comments that it has brought.
This discussion has been closed.