**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time to Take a Little Class Trip!

Comments

• Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    So let me see If I understand this,you get shield markers from doing normal stuff,then but a permission slip and then use that slip to gain access to these quests?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The rewards are not amazing but probably fine for the difficulty. If they also have a challenge quest it could be a good month.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Man some people are never pleased. What did you guys expect? 10k 6* shards for a side quest? I'm happy with any additional way to get t5b, t2a, and shards

Yes. Yes they did... they expect variant rewards for a fraction of the difficulty and time needed. Thats nothing new.
    The thing about those people complaining is that they are crazy spoiled. Since they got something once they want better the next time. Its extremely annoying.
    And some people on here wonder why kabam "never listens" to them.
    Its because of **** like this, why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is. Dont like it dont play it.
    And yes as usual most will probably hate on guys like us speaking the truth
    Yes but kabam has constantly remarked that they have massively increased the amount of 5* and 6* shards since 6:1 and to be honest it’s yet to be seen
    I don’t mind if they make it difficult but right now the amount doesn’t seem to have changed unless you count cavalier crystals
    Kabam has not said this. And I'm sure someone will be quick to say something like "yeah but" and then say something completely irrelevant, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a false statement.
    They did say it during 6:1 and 6:2 announcement it was half their reason for the gates
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Man some people are never pleased. What did you guys expect? 10k 6* shards for a side quest? I'm happy with any additional way to get t5b, t2a, and shards

Yes. Yes they did... they expect variant rewards for a fraction of the difficulty and time needed. Thats nothing new.
    The thing about those people complaining is that they are crazy spoiled. Since they got something once they want better the next time. Its extremely annoying.
    Its because of **** like this, why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is. Dont like it dont play it.
    Yes but kabam has constantly remarked that they have massively increased the amount of 5* and 6* shards since 6:1 and to be honest it’s yet to be seen
    I don’t mind if they make it difficult but right now the amount doesn’t seem to have changed unless you count cavalier crystals
    They never said anything about a massive increase. They said they're more available which they are to some extent. I remember when 5*s took as long or longer to get than 6*s. That's more available
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    The rewards are decent, matched with monthly quest and lets not forget!! I think its 98 days of appreciation!! With shards , resources and a shiny AG. That should make for a good month. I mean , I cant personally complain but with everything combined it should make for a good month.
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    And just to add something, the monthly eq had master an heroic reward increase. I actually fully explored master this month.

Kobster84 said:

They never said anything about a massive increase. They said they're more available which they are to some extent. I remember when 5*s took as long or longer to get than 6*s. That's more available
    Since cavalier though? Like ye 5* are more available then 2 years ago but I haven’t seen an increase in ages overall bar that one negative zone event
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kabam has not said this. And I'm sure someone will be quick to say something like "yeah but" and then say something completely irrelevant, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a false statement.
    They did say it during 6:1 and 6:2 announcement it was half their reason for the gates
    Quote please. Should be easy to find. Just search for "massively."
  • aleksdayumaleksdayum Posts: 8
    How does the game get harder with more high level content and 5/6 star champions gates. but the rewards are worse than some events over a year ago? demotivating @Kabam Miike
  • OzyrionOzyrion Posts: 16
    Event rewards seem pretty nice id say. Gj guys!
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

What rarities does the Legendary Homesick Crystal contain? Also is it 80% 4* / 20% 5* drop rates?

The Legendary Homesick Crystal contains 4 and 5-Star Champions, and has the 80/20 4-Star 5-Star Split.

Of course, 4-Star Rhino is not included.
    So I take it that DOES mean that 5* Electro is gonna be in the mix?
    “As part of the introduction of Act 6 and Cavalier, we will also be introducing more content that will help Summoners gain 5 and 6-Star Champions. Some of that content will include, Champion Challenges, several large meta-events and Event Quests as well as, the next iteration of Back Issues. Additionally, we are taking a look at Arenas to see if we can make 5-Star Champions more accessible.”

While the word massively is not used kabam mike did say several large meta events which I don’t think we’ve seen a lot of correct me I’m wrong
    They also said they were taking a look at arenas which they haven’t changed anything
    @DNA3000
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

“As part of the introduction of Act 6 and Cavalier, we will also be introducing more content that will help Summoners gain 5 and 6-Star Champions. Some of that content will include, Champion Challenges, several large meta-events and Event Quests as well as, the next iteration of Back Issues. Additionally, we are taking a look at Arenas to see if we can make 5-Star Champions more accessible.”

While the word massively is not used kabam mike did say several large meta events which I don’t think we’ve seen a lot of correct me I’m wrong
    They also said they were taking a look at arenas which they haven’t changed anything
    @DNA3000

Since that announcement weve had a few (bounty things were huge)

RNG rifts gave me 2 feature 5 star crystals in a single month(30k shards I wouldnt have had)
    So they are sticking to that imo
    Rifts were not huge I got absolutely nothing I’ve done 6 and gotten 1k 5* shards 500 6* shards and 5 mutant and tech stones about to do a 7th so maybe that’ll be better but I’ll agree the bounty missions were amazing
    I’m hoping arenas can be improved somehow possibly a 5* basic arena or extra shards in the milestones?
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Then you obviously arent looking or not yet at that level. Feel like i pull 6* weekly these days.
    You get 6 stars weekly? Please tell me your secret, I only get 1 every 2 months max(with dupes and story content)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

@DNA3000

1. Not only did they not use the word "massively" they did not say anything that remotely implied "massively" or anything like it. All that passage says is they will be introducing more content to help summoners gain 5* and 6* champs. And that statement is true, they did introduce events which contained 5* and 6* rewards, and also the next back issue.

2. They said they would look at arena. They did not say they would make changes in the immediate future.

In any event, implying Kabam said they were going to increase the availability of 5* and 6* champs to be far higher than they were immediately before 6.1 was released seems to be false, and their actions since then have been consistent with what they said they were going to do in the passage you specifically quote.
  • CowmonkeyCowmonkey Posts: 13
    You know I’m actually pretty hyped for this event because when I do master and epic I’ll be able to get a featured 5 star which I think this featured is good
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

Of course, 4-Star Rhino is not included.

Mike, no offense, I think even if Kabam gave out a thousand 4* Rhino most players will still shrug their shoulders or roll their eyes. The 5* shard shards would probably be the only okay thing about it.

At least next month's not gonna suck as badly as April, May and June because the rewards aren't based purely on RNG.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Can you please give us an idea of what the difficulty level for master and epic will be? A general pi structure of opponents would be nice , thank you
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    What's the energy cost going to be?

Curious because you're choosing to not provide the hero opportunity until the final week - not week one. So obviously you don't really want everyone to have the same time or chance at 100% this whole thing. Timing it for the final week and forcing them to grind arena, I'm betting you're hoping a lot of people use energy to make sure they complete this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

@DNA3000

1. Not only did they not use the word "massively" they did not say anything that remotely implied "massively" or anything like it. All that passage says is they will be introducing more content to help summoners gain 5* and 6* champs. And that statement is true, they did introduce events which contained 5* and 6* rewards, and also the next back issue.

2. They said they would look at arena. They did not say they would make changes in the immediate future.

In any event, implying Kabam said they were going to increase the availability of 5* and 6* champs to be far higher than they were immediately before 6.1 was released seems to be false, and their actions since then have been consistent with what they said they were going to do in the passage you specifically quote.
    you just love writing paragraphs don't ya that doesn't make any sense kabam has stated that they have increased the availability of 5* and 6* shards before 6.1 so that everyone can get over the 4* ban and the class gates in act 6. i know you like to defend kabam just for the sake of it but outside of bounty and last month's eq rewards increase (long overdue) pls tell me where did they increase the so called availability of these shards. also they didn't even buff rewards in uc eq.
    I don't recall them ever stating they would increase the 5* and 6* Rewards so that everyone could get over the "ban". That would be completely counter--intuitive to the purpose of progress gates. The point is that not everyone will get through them. Certainly not without sufficient progress. What they stated was that they were more available, and that they would continue to increase availability in the future. What's commonly misunderstood with comments like that, is the fact that it doesn't mean they're going to add copious amounts so that everyone will have what they need organically. They're available at the points and by the means that are appropriate. Meaning, at progress levels appropriate for those Rewards, and through content that is appropriate for them. People may be in a rush to get there, but increased availability doesn't mean it's going to rain 6*s.
  • Kobster84 said:

@DNA3000

Variant came. They mentioned Champion Challenges so perhaps that's an indicator we may see one sometime soon. Perhaps with this upcoming EQ. I honestly don't know. The year isn't over either. We don't know what else is on the hroizon yet. Let's also remember the final member of the Fantastic Four has yet to be released. I would surmise when they release Mr Fantastic, a larger scale event will coincide with such. After all, the F4 will finally be whole!

Overall, 5* shards have been increasing in availability. They're launching a 3 month login Calendar for Summoner Appreciation. They'll be updating AW rewards next Season. They just increased the rewards for the lower difficulties of the EQ. We get a small amount for the basic login Calendar every month now. There was a BUNCH found from the Negative Zone Missions. Also, the Rifts had 'potential' to get a decent amount (lucked out and landed 5k in 5* shards from an Epic Rift).

6* shards are still relatively rare, but slowly increasing in availability. Not as fast as many would like (myself included) but they are slowly becoming more available. As someone else mentioned, they're about as available as 5* shards once were awhile back. It's the natural progression of things. Let's also note, the introduction of the Cavalier Crystals. Those are yet another way they've increased the availability of 5 and 6* champions. Granted, not guaranteed, but the possibility.

Now, it's also worth noting nowhere in that paragraph are 5 and 6* shards mentioned. Not. Once. They stated the champions themselves. Everyone is ASSUMING they mean shards, and why not? Shards make crystals to get champs. Just the same, I'm almost 100% positive they purposefully didn't say shards as the main increase in availability has been from the Cavalier Crystals. At least as of late. Also, again, the year ain't over yet, and there's still much to come. So, as much as we'd all love to see things increase in availability much faster... just gotta roll with the punches, dish them out, win those fights, and earn what's available until then.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    5k 5* in epic come on you can do better put a whole 5* in there kidding me
  • Maazlogan2321Maazlogan2321 Posts: 34
    @Kabam Miike nice content here....but i am eagerly waiting for champion clash its been a long time since we had one of those...i think the last one was captain marvel, do we have any incoming champion clash event i love those...and i think everybody loves it...!