**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5th 5* Mutant Awakening Gem in a row...

Hey Kabam. Are you guys sure there isn't some sort of algorithm that determines which 5* AG you pull? Every 5* AG I've pulled has been a mutant one. What are the odds of that? I've seen other people who've had this issue as well.

*picture below shows 4 5* mutant AGs because I've used one on Sabretooth*

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I've pulled 4 - Cosmic, Mystic, Science, and Tech.
    I mean, what are the odds of that?
    It's almost as if it's random or something
  • dtapedtape Posts: 35
    I’ve got 5 mystic and 2 cosmic gems so far. I can absolutely feel your pain but that was what it was. As somebody can land twice or more times on paths of awakening gems in the unstable rift, there is still a little possibility.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    I got 3 cosmic gems in a row, definitely something fishy going on here
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I got 3 mutant in a row
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Omega, Namor, Domino, Havok, Ice Man, Arch Angel ... problem solved.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I was the same way with skill and mutant now my last 3 have been science
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    TO_Beatz said:

Hey Kabam. Are you guys sure there isn't some sort of algorithm that determines which 5* AG you pull? Every 5* AG I've pulled has been a mutant one. What are the odds of that? I've seen other people who've had this issue as well.

Check out justia patents for kabam online and you'll get the real answer...
  • TO_BeatzTO_Beatz Posts: 73
    TaZ_4178 said:

TO_Beatz said:

I've seen the patent before. Kabam claims that the patents are "just there" and they aren't incorporated into the game at all.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    TO_Beatz said:

TaZ_4178 said:

TO_Beatz said:

I've seen the patent before. Kabam claims that the patents are "just there" and they aren't incorporated into the game at all.
    Lol yeah that's what every major company for profit claims
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    edited June 2019
    What's the problem if i was you,i just go and awake namor,domino,iceman, archangel
    Straight
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I have 4 mystic awakeners and literally have every mystic already awoken except Immortal Fist and SS. I don't yet have Diablo or Maw.

I have no interest in using them on any of these. I'm in the minority that think SS isn't particularly useful.

Anyways, I'd gladly trade them in if there was some way to do so. Even a 3:1 ratio would be better than just having them rot in my inventory.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

1/7776 is the odds if I’m correct

Can you please tell me how you calculated that? I'm a huge math noob and I'd like to know how you did it.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

1/7776 is the odds if I’m correct

Can you please tell me how you calculated that? I'm a huge math noob and I'd like to know how you did it.
    I’m pretty sure it’s:
    6x6=36
    36x6=216
    216x6=1296
    1296x6=7776

• Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Lol Now I feel lucky that I'm on 2 science 1 skill and 1 mutant :smile:
  • TO_BeatzTO_Beatz Posts: 73
    Midnite93 said:

It happens to everyone but there are great champs you can use it on like Namor, Omega red, archangel, domino and Emma frost.

Too bad all my mutant champs are trash besides Sabretooth
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

*picture below shows 4 5* mutant AGs because I've used one on Sabretooth

There is absolutely 100% algorithms in the game to give you what you don’t need and already have. It’s been proven multiple times.

It’s the way to make money for them. If it’s denied it’s a lie as it’s been proven. The RNG is not RNG is programmed generation
    Everything about this statement is false.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Everything about this statement is false.

It’s absolutely not false. You will get what you don’t needs most of the time and it’s by design. That is definitely working as intended
    No. There is no algorithm to give you what you don't want or need. The pool doesn't even access what you have. It generates an outcome with a 1 in 6 chance of pulling any particular Class each time. It doesn't analyze what you have, what you pulled before, who you want to use it on, or any other predictive behavior. It's literally a true RNG because the Drop Rate is the same across the board. 17% at any Class. Every roll.
  • OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

*picture below shows 4 5* mutant AGs because I've used one on Sabretooth

There is absolutely 100% algorithms in the game to give you what you don’t need and already have. It’s been proven multiple times.

It’s the way to make money for them. If it’s denied it’s a lie as it’s been proven. The RNG is not RNG is programmed generation
    While I have seen this incident repeatedly from various sources, it has also been disproven by those who do get various classes. It's not absolute as there's many cases (in my Alliance alone) that disprove this notion. I do acknowledge that this does happen. Clearly it does. It happens to me with the 4* AGs as well (I'm on a 4* AG tech kick as of the last year, lol). Just the same, I've pulled other classes in the past. My 5* AG luck has been random (thankfully).

I've seen multiple players get multiple classes. In many cases, the one they were hoping for. So no, it has not been proven at all. It has been seen to coincide with getting what someone didn't need over and over again. Yes, this has been observed, experienced, and told by many. However, you cannot say it's proven when other cases exist that prove the contrary. Does it seem to happen more often than not? Yes. Why do you think that is? Perhaps due to the notion that people who are upset by something are more inclined to say something about it vs those that aren't upset by it.

I used to work at a few different auto dealerships in the past as a technician. It was said that 'Someone who recieves good service is likely to tell 2 to 3 people about their positive experience. Someone who recieves bad service is likely to tell 8 to 10 people about their negative experience.' Sheer numbers dictate that the negative experiences will get spread faster than that of the positive experiences. This situation is no different.

It's a rarity you find someone exclaiming 'Wow! I keep getting different classes from my 5* AG Crystals!' Simply because people don't talk about their positive experiences nearly as much as they about their negative ones. When you see someone mentioning that they've pulled the same class multiple times in a row, you'll find those that have a shared experience coming in to commiserate. Again, this is due to standard human behavioral patterns. Go look throughout the forum. My point can be seen by the number of posts that are sharing negative experiences exceeding the number that share positive experiences.

Truthfully, without having access to all the data, you cannot definitively prove anything to be anything. When you cherry pick data to 'prove' something to be 'true' you're missing important data to show the full picture. Which is the point of cherry picking. It allows anyone to 'prove' something to be what they've decided to be the 'truth' or the 'facts.' Using factual information in such a manner doesn't end with a legitimate full picture conclusion. Just gives the part of the picture you wish others to see. I will never deny that this doesn't occur, but I will also never say that it always occurs.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    If there was never someone pulling 5 mutant gems in row, now that would indicate there might be some sort of algorithm that determines pulls. That happening is perfectly within realm of possibility, and it's not common enough to see to believe there is such a thing in place