**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Shouldn`t loyalty and Battlechips be switched in aq/aw

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 849 ★★★
It is not something I really want changed. I just want to understand the logic for putting battlechips in AQ and loyalty in AW.
I think it is more logical to put it the other way around.
AW is far more like a form of PVP, like arena where the mayority of you BC come from, than AQ is.
And you play much more AQ generally and need to log in far more often for your alliance for AQ so you need to be much more Loyal to it.
Am I missing some logic as to why it is the other way around?

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    Donnymeij said:

It is not something I really want changed. I just want to understand the logic for putting battlechips in AQ and loyalty in AW.
    I think it is more logical to put it the other way around.
    AW is far more like a form of PVP, like arena where the mayority of you BC come from, than AQ is.
    And you play much more AQ generally and need to log in far more often for your alliance for AQ so you need to be much more Loyal to it.
    Am I missing some logic as to why it is the other way around?

If you just want the logic of it, I suspect the logic of it is nothing more than the order of events. Arenas came first, and with them battlechips. Alliances came next, and with them loyalty. You could grind BC in the arena, but you were limited in how much loyalty you could earn, so those currencies were fundamentally different in how they were used. Then AQ arrived and I suspect BC was added to AQ because the intent was for loyalty to remain more limited than BC. When AW finally arrived, it was decided to allow loyalty to be earned in AW.

At least, this is based on my recollection which is a bit hazy. But in any case I suspect it is less about what the currency is called, and more about how the currencies were used and earned, and the fact that this happened organically over time.