**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time to Take a Little Class Trip!

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    Do u get to pick ur rewards?
    Because if so, they're great!
  • JaipalJaipal Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    Ahhhh seems finee....
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I'd say the rewards look to be reasonably good. Yes, it's not 'fall out of your chair' level amazing rewards, but I think that if Kabam properly balances the difficulty of the quests, it'll be a pretty dang good event.

And because I can't see it in this forum post yet... is the difficulty planned to be similar to the relevant monthly event quests? I mean I can wait for the event to come out, but it'd be nice to know beforehand...
  • Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Posts: 95
    @Kabam Miike this is extremely disappointing
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

@Kabam Miike nice content here....but i am eagerly waiting for champion clash its been a long time since we had one of those...i think the last one was captain marvel, do we have any incoming champion clash event i love those...and i think everybody loves it...!

April had that deadpool event.
    That was called a boss rush. I feel like wwe due in july or august
    I wouldn’t really consider that a boss rush event was more a joke quest
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/139170/introducing-class-and-rarity-gates#latest

The quote is:

With the introduction of the Cavalier progression point, and recent Events in the Battlerealm, 5 and 6-Star Champions are more accessible than ever, and will continue to become more accessible.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Man some people are never pleased. What did you guys expect? 10k 6* shards for a side quest? I'm happy with any additional way to get t5b, t2a, and shards

Yes. Yes they did... they expect variant rewards for a fraction of the difficulty and time needed. Thats nothing new.
    The thing about those people complaining is that they are crazy spoiled. Since they got something once they want better the next time. Its extremely annoying.
    And some people on here wonder why kabam "never listens" to them.
    Its because of **** like this, why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is. Dont like it dont play it.
    And yes as usual most will probably hate on guys like us speaking the truth
    Yes but kabam has constantly remarked that they have massively increased the amount of 5* and 6* shards since 6:1 and to be honest it’s yet to be seen
    I don’t mind if they make it difficult but right now the amount doesn’t seem to have changed unless you count cavalier crystals
    They never said massively. In addition they have increased the amount of shard. You use to rarely get 6*s or they would be a lower number, now they are consistently offering 1k or higher. The same with 5*s. Just because they are not giving you a free 5* or 6* a month does not make their statement wrong.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

“As part of the introduction of Act 6 and Cavalier, we will also be introducing more content that will help Summoners gain 5 and 6-Star Champions. Some of that content will include, Champion Challenges, several large meta-events and Event Quests as well as, the next iteration of Back Issues. Additionally, we are taking a look at Arenas to see if we can make 5-Star Champions more accessible.”

While the word massively is not used kabam mike did say several large meta events which I don’t think we’ve seen a lot of correct me I’m wrong
    They also said they were taking a look at arenas which they haven’t changed anything
    @DNA3000

Since that announcement weve had a few (bounty things were huge)

RNG rifts gave me 2 feature 5 star crystals in a single month(30k shards I wouldnt have had)
    So they are sticking to that imo
    Rifts were not huge I got absolutely nothing I’ve done 6 and gotten 1k 5* shards 500 6* shards and 5 mutant and tech stones about to do a 7th so maybe that’ll be better but I’ll agree the bounty missions were amazing
    Ao you are not comparing events, but what RNG gave you, not as a whole. Rifts gave giant rewards, you may have not gotten any, but that does not change how huge they were. It is not all about you. I told you in the other thread, you want static, you are not going to get rift caliber rewards on startic very often.
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Man some people are never pleased. What did you guys expect? 10k 6* shards for a side quest? I'm happy with any additional way to get t5b, t2a, and shards

Yes. Yes they did... they expect variant rewards for a fraction of the difficulty and time needed. Thats nothing new.
    The thing about those people complaining is that they are crazy spoiled. Since they got something once they want better the next time. Its extremely annoying.
    Its because of **** like this, why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is. Dont like it dont play it.
    Yes but kabam has constantly remarked that they have massively increased the amount of 5* and 6* shards since 6:1 and to be honest it’s yet to be seen
    I don’t mind if they make it difficult but right now the amount doesn’t seem to have changed unless you count cavalier crystals
    They never said massively. In addition they have increased the amount of shard. You use to rarely get 6*s or they would be a lower number, now they are consistently offering 1k or higher. The same with 5*s. Just because they are not giving you a free 5* or 6* a month does not make their statement wrong.
    Where did I ever say I wanted a free 6* every month I don’t care if they make insanely difficult content but at least give us a way to get more
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Rewards are good
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I’d just like to know what the energy requirements will be. Any way someone on the team can provide that?

If it’s hidden somewhere in all the derailment and babble, simply point me to the post and accept my apologies.

Dr. Zola
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious why are you guys so fixed on putting these weekly gates? I like to move at my own pace without these restrictions. What’s up with that?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Why compare it to GGTTM when the rewards are sooo much worse? That's just terrible marketing Kabam.

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Where did I ever say I wanted a free 6* every month I don’t care if they make insanely difficult content but at least give us a way to get more
    This is a game for the long run if you havent noticed. The usual suspects come here for every event announced to complain about the rewards. The rewards are just fine as long as the difficulty is arouns equal to its respected EQ difficulty. And until we know exactly that for sure there is no reason to complain. This happens every time and its not like they are going to change them so just deal with it and get to the grind
    Ye I’m not complaining about difficulty and to be honest the rewards are probably on par with said difficulty
    I think kabam just needs to add more ways to get extra 5* and 6* shards even it means adding another tier of difficulty
  • NameJerf3618NameJerf3618 Posts: 5
    @Kabam Miike correct me if I’m wrong, but I see it nearly impossible for a beginner to defeat all of these characters 50 times in one week. They aren’t even available to fight at that stage, let alone are they going to have the time or energy for that. I think that defeating overall spiderverse champs 50 times is reasonable and should reward all of the champs as 2* characters. Of, just defeat them 10 times? Even an arena like gwenpool goes to the movies. I just think it will be really hard for beginners to clear this content, and if you’re not aiming it at them, you’re not really hitting the market with the horde of new played coming with spiderman. I think this way to gain champs should be reconsidered.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

KevanproG said:

Why does master give you more 5 star shards than epic

Because "Epic gives more 6* shards than Master".
    "AnD hAs RaNk Up ReSourcEs".

Why were people diagreeing with a quote lol?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No idea why people value shards over rank up resources. 😂
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Baffling really
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I mean I get that most people are still building up a solid roster and every crystal is another chance at something helpful, but with the pool as large as it is, the odds of an extra 5k shards drastically changing your account are quite low. Rank resources are a gaureenteed positive result that either let you rank a current champion or at the least stash until you pull someone worthwhile
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

You gotta get champs to rank up first 😂
    At least decent champs too!
  • TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    just seems strange that a year old event gave us a guaranteed 5 star Cinematic Crystal, while this event just gives us the legendary crystal which was the reward from the last years master...
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    Though there are legends here who expect more rewards like 6 star shards ( and they should ), but i like the rewards of heroic where 2 four star crystals are being given ( i still care about 4 stars 😂 )
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I'm aware master and epic rewards are meh, but heroic actually seems alright. They also arent rng based. I'd say it's far from the best event we've ever had, but far from the worst.