**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time to Take a Little Class Trip!

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

No idea why people value shards over rank up resources. 😂

You gotta get champs to rank up first 😂
    Agreed. But we do get champs over time. It’s an eventuality.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I mean I get that most people are still building up a solid roster and every crystal is another chance at something helpful, but with the pool as large as it is, the odds of an extra 5k shards drastically changing your account are quite low. Rank resources are a gaureenteed positive result that either let you rank a current champion or at the least stash until you pull someone worthwhile

Actually, I’m happy to take both. But I have to be careful with rankup resources that go straight to stash and may pigeonhole me into ranking up a middling champ to avoid their expiration.

There are long-time players with very good rosters who are sitting on inventories of full T4c, full T2a and 3+ T5b who are still looking for one of several “antidote” champs in 5/6* rarity. And many of those same players have hundreds if not thousands of T4c shard/T4c crystals unopened.

The existence of that cohort of players is a virtual guarantee given the way pRNG operates in game.

Could players like that just rank what they have and roll with it? Sure, and some do. Others continue to gather resources that go unused because some of the most desirable champs still elude them. There’s a balance to strike for players like that—holding for the right champ versus reduced game enjoyment/frustration at being resource-rich but champ-poor.

That’s perhaps why some players are hungry for shards over resources—you beat content with champs, but resources that aren’t/can’t be applied to champs don’t beat anyone.

Dr. Zola
    Well I'm at a point where it's a mix. I have a huge line of great champs waiting to be ranked and an okay hoarde or resources to use. I'm waiting until after the 4th to make any rank decisions though. I've got 10 R5s 2 R2S and sitting on 4.5 t5b with aibe of great 5 and 6*s to rank
    I've already got plenty of champs now it's just getting rank resources and making rank decisions
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

I am passing on this side quest was really looking forward to it but once again disappointment came along with it.

Gwenpool offered a guranteed 5* this doesnt

Master and Epic rewards will give a full 5*. You all asked for more access to 5 and 6* shards, well this is part of it. Like i keep saying, its never enough for many.
    AndiYTDE said:

Uhm... can someone explain why Master rewards more 5* shards than Epic?

Probably because of the 6* shards Epic has.
    Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Man some people are never pleased. What did you guys expect? 10k 6* shards for a side quest? I'm happy with any additional way to get t5b, t2a, and shards

Yes. Yes they did... they expect variant rewards for a fraction of the difficulty and time needed. Thats nothing new.
    The thing about those people complaining is that they are crazy spoiled. Since they got something once they want better the next time. Its extremely annoying.
    And some people on here wonder why kabam "never listens" to them.
    Its because of **** like this, why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is. Dont like it dont play it.
    And yes as usual most will probably hate on guys like us speaking the truth
    Yes but kabam has constantly remarked that they have massively increased the amount of 5* and 6* shards since 6:1 and to be honest it’s yet to be seen
    I don’t mind if they make it difficult but right now the amount doesn’t seem to have changed unless you count cavalier crystals
    They never said massively. In addition they have increased the amount of shard. You use to rarely get 6*s or they would be a lower number, now they are consistently offering 1k or higher. The same with 5*s. Just because they are not giving you a free 5* or 6* a month does not make their statement wrong.
    Where did I ever say I wanted a free 6* every month I don’t care if they make insanely difficult content but at least give us a way to get more
    They are giving you a way with this quest plus the normal monthly EQ. Face it, you'll never be satisfied with the amount you get ever. You complain about every single event that comes out and its never enough for you.
    Tedders said:

just seems strange that a year old event gave us a guaranteed 5 star Cinematic Crystal, while this event just gives us the legendary crystal which was the reward from the last years master...

It didn't have as much in terms of rewards as this even does.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Man some people are never pleased. What did you guys expect? 10k 6* shards for a side quest? I'm happy with any additional way to get t5b, t2a, and shards

Yes. Yes they did... they expect variant rewards for a fraction of the difficulty and time needed. Thats nothing new.
    The thing about those people complaining is that they are crazy spoiled. Since they got something once they want better the next time. Its extremely annoying.
    Its because of **** like this, why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is. Dont like it dont play it.
    Yes but kabam has constantly remarked that they have massively increased the amount of 5* and 6* shards since 6:1 and to be honest it’s yet to be seen
    I don’t mind if they make it difficult but right now the amount doesn’t seem to have changed unless you count cavalier crystals
    They never said massively. In addition they have increased the amount of shard. You use to rarely get 6*s or they would be a lower number, now they are consistently offering 1k or higher. The same with 5*s. Just because they are not giving you a free 5* or 6* a month does not make their statement wrong.
    Where did I ever say I wanted a free 6* every month I don’t care if they make insanely difficult content but at least give us a way to get more
    They are giving you a way with this quest plus the normal monthly EQ. Face it, you'll never be satisfied with the amount you get ever. You complain about every single event that comes out and its never enough for you.
    Then they need to up the amount of events I don’t care if they have to add a cavalier difficulty with 100k bosses but at least give the possibility of getting more shards
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Then they need to up the amount of events I don’t care if they have to add a cavalier difficulty with 100k bosses but at least give the possibility of getting more shards
    Like I said, you'll never be happy.

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Like I said, you'll never be happy.
    I would and you say I complain about every event I’ve only really complained about avengers quest and Atlantean rifts due to the difference in rewards
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

I mean I get that most people are still building up a solid roster and every crystal is another chance at something helpful, but with the pool as large as it is, the odds of an extra 5k shards drastically changing your account are quite low. Rank resources are a gaureenteed positive result that either let you rank a current champion or at the least stash until you pull someone worthwhile

Actually, I’m happy to take both. But I have to be careful with rankup resources that go straight to stash and may pigeonhole me into ranking up a middling champ to avoid their expiration.

There are long-time players with very good rosters who are sitting on inventories of full T4c, full T2a and 3+ T5b who are still looking for one of several “antidote” champs in 5/6* rarity. And many of those same players have hundreds if not thousands of T4c shard/T4c crystals unopened.

The existence of that cohort of players is a virtual guarantee given the way pRNG operates in game.

Could players like that just rank what they have and roll with it? Sure, and some do. Others continue to gather resources that go unused because some of the most desirable champs still elude them. There’s a balance to strike for players like that—holding for the right champ versus reduced game enjoyment/frustration at being resource-rich but champ-poor.

That’s perhaps why some players are hungry for shards over resources—you beat content with champs, but resources that aren’t/can’t be applied to champs don’t beat anyone.

Dr. Zola
    Well I'm at a point where it's a mix. I have a huge line of great champs waiting to be ranked and an okay hoarde or resources to use. I'm waiting until after the 4th to make any rank decisions though. I've got 10 R5s 2 R2S and sitting on 4.5 t5b with aibe of great 5 and 6*s to rank
    Gotcha—that’s an enviable position.

But I think there are quite a few players who play for the next crystal cycle, pop to see if it’s a winner, then hold and rank only what they have to if it isn’t—rinse and repeat.

They are waiting for (fill in the blank) to make Variant or Act 6 a little easier or cheaper.

Not always a fun way to play, as I’ve done it, but totally understandable. I see a good bit of it among the “retired but active” category—people who keep up with the game but aren’t pushing hard anymore. There’s so much content now that it’s possible to enjoy key parts of the game and get decent progression without playing anywhere close to 24-7.

Dr. Zola
  • 2607ej2607ej Posts: 1
    Nice new update but would be eternally if rewards were more grand because that's how much we fight for.
    2607ej said:

Nice new update but would be eternally if rewards were more grand because that's how much we fight for.

Rewards are perfectly fine for the content offered.
    I think the variant quests really screwed with a lot of people's rewards expectations

2607ej said:

That I’ll agree with just feel there should be more content even if it’s harder
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

2607ej said:

That I’ll agree with just feel there should be more content even if it’s harder
    It’s a never ending cycle for you, it feels like there needs to be more content, then more rewards, then more content, you are really never happy
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

“As part of the introduction of Act 6 and Cavalier, we will also be introducing more content that will help Summoners gain 5 and 6-Star Champions. Some of that content will include, Champion Challenges, several large meta-events and Event Quests as well as, the next iteration of Back Issues. Additionally, we are taking a look at Arenas to see if we can make 5-Star Champions more accessible.”

While the word massively is not used kabam mike did say several large meta events which I don’t think we’ve seen a lot of correct me I’m wrong
    They also said they were taking a look at arenas which they haven’t changed anything
    @DNA3000

Since that announcement weve had a few (bounty things were huge)

RNG rifts gave me 2 feature 5 star crystals in a single month(30k shards I wouldnt have had)
    So they are sticking to that imo

Unless you have really bad RNG luck. I like you was blessed with 2 five star feature Crystal's.

Also:

3 four star crystals
    Full t4b
    Full skill t4cc
    3000 five star shards
    4 star tech AG

The rest was bunk.

That's huge luck I feel. However every time before there was rifts I never got so lucky.

Also the epic difficulty was neutered....

Anyways the point is that isn't really an increase.

An increase would be getting 1500 more five star shards and 250 6 star shards for fully exploring master EQ
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Can we just stop bickering and acknowledge that becoming Cavalier = having access to cavalier crystals = dropping units and real money = more access to 5* and 6* through spending (both pulling them in the crystals and getting dupes of the lower tier champs that give shards for the higher).

*Insert generic defense counter arguments*
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Voila, here is your "access" to more 5/6* shards in live action for ya

• StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    Will multiple permission slips be required to fully explore each difficulty? If so, does the exploration reward at least replenish shield markers used to enter?

I wouldn’t want to spend 1000 markers only to get 800 back for beginner when I could simply save them for Epic/Master
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    edited June 2019
    @""Kabam Miike" What comes from the Ultimate homesick Christal? I really hope that it aint 80/20 for 3 and 4 stars.....
  • Looking Forward To This o:)
  • The rewards can be way better but in all I think it sounds pretty cool
  • Interesting,it’s all the same to me.lets do this!!!!!!!
    All you dpx haters out there. He's fantastic to have when using movie marvel and Nick fury with suicides.
  • CrazyIsaiasCrazyIsaias Posts: 1
    rewards can be better
  • MouseNostaMouseNosta Posts: 13
    i'm still missing Spider Symbiote, and i only have Classic Spidey in 2*, which i'd rather have him in at least 3* like the rest of my Spidey ppl.

and what about Agent Venom? shouldn't he be a part of this?