**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix backdraft intercepts already

Comments

• Zoranabc201Zoranabc201 Posts: 26
    Using a 4/40 vision age of ultron.
    Fighting against an iron patriot.
    Playing road to the labrynth chapter 4 quest 3 against the all or nothing iron patriot.
    I am on huawei honor 10
    I am on android 9.

The issue is that no backdraft intercept is landing with vision(it has about a 50/50) chance of landing with magik) and I'm getting hit every time I attempt one.
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    edited July 2019
    So players will need to adapt I guess?

If the enemy is against the wall and you are hitting his block... swipe back and use a light attack instead of the medium attack. The light attack is faster than the swipe so you will be able to intercept with a light attack instead. Does not work every time but I am at the moment at a rate of 19 of 20 successful attempts. I might do a quick video soon.

Does not work against passive AI as the former backdraft intercept also did not ;)
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

If the enemy is against the wall and you are hitting his block... swipe back and use a light attack instead of the medium attack. The light attack is faster than the swipe so you will be able to intercept with a light attack instead. Does not work every time but I am at the moment at a rate of 19 of 20 successful attempts. I might do a quick video soon.

Does not work against passive AI as the former backdraft intercept also did not ;)

This is unfortunately not working for me, compared to how it used to be. It was 100% before. Even a 5% chance to fail now can be fatal in high enough content.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Honestly, I'm busy with LoL and thought backdraft intercept issue was rectified because it worked perfectly there, only for Blade though. When I tried it with Domino I got clipped.
  • Ultra8529 said:

This is unfortunately not working for me, compared to how it used to be. It was 100% before. Even a 5% chance to fail now can be fatal in high enough content.
    True, but not working, in this case, means the defender is not charging at you right away. Your light attack would miss but you will still have enough time to react to that by evading or blocking. It's not working for me because I also have to get used to this case. It took also some time to master the old "backdraft intercept" ;).

Also, I did not try this light attack intercept on Android. There is a possibility that it will not work because of the difference in the FPS. Might also not work for me because I am no longer able to play on Android after switching to the iPad Pro =D
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    I have filed a ticket with support, linking them to this thread as well as other threads on this matter which have been shut down. I strongly urge everyone who is experiencing this problem to lodge tickets with support. If we cannot get help on the forum, hopefully we can get help from support.

I will not rest till this bug is fixed, or at least acknowledged and is put onto the list of known issues.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    This is still happening. DV vs. whoever in the corner. hit into block, dash back, enemy is on top of you. Please can we get something on this?
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    They could at least comment that being able to consistently backdraft intercept the AI is an exploit and the behavior has been changed permanently to make for more skillful engagements.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Hitting into block and dashing back for an intercept attempt still is not working as it was before the Human Torch update. I used to be able to hit into block and dash back for an intercept, now hitting into block and dashing back is more than likely gonna result in getting smashed in the face before your dashback animation ends. Please tell me this is acknowledged and a fix is in the works.

Latest updates, WiFi.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    I streamed my 6.2.1 runs and you will clearly see that AI recover so fast and retaliate you when you try to backdraft intercept.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    This issue seems to be more prevalent when you attempt to do a backdraft intercept when the opponent is pinned against their wall. This is the primary reason I’m waiting to 5/65 my Magik (never had an issue prior to HT game update). Any update on this problem, which has been occurring for over 3 months would be much appreciated.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★

Honestly, I'm busy with LoL and thought backdraft intercept issue was rectified because it worked perfectly there, only for Blade though. When I tried it with Domino I got clipped.

My Hyperion got slammed by Rhulk on backdraft intercept today.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Destroyer said:

Kabam Testers, try hitting into block two or three times w a short to midrange dash back champ. go back for the intercept. you will more than likely get hit. This is so easy to reproduce. I test it every few days just to see if its fixed. it is still BROKEN. can we get some sort of update on this? how am I supposed to believe the AI wasn't messed with when this used to be doable? so if it wasn't an AI tweak, its a bug. either way, a comment stating that it's one or the other would be appreciated.

Its a bug 100%.
    They confirmed that they didnt changed anything with the AI intentional
  • It has been almost 3 years for me playing the game. But Im noticing some wierd behaviour of champs when fighting. Like 2 months ago I was able to Backdraft intercept opponent after hitting their block but now they are running at me very fast, I can't even dash at them. First I thought its my device problem but I have asked many of my friends, They also are suffering from this. Any info
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It has been almost 3 years for me playing the game. But Im noticing some wierd behaviour of champs when fighting. Like 2 months ago I was able to Backdraft intercept opponent after hitting their block but now they are running at me very fast, I can't even dash at them. First I thought its my device problem but I have asked many of my friends, They also are suffering from this. Any info

Have you checked the bugs section?
  • No. I don't know that much about this. Actually my friend suggest me to post here so..
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    I’m thinking more and more it buy design now.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Hitting into block then backing away is still broken
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Block backdraft intercepts are still broken
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Backdrafting has been the most enjoyable aspect of MCOC in the nearly 3 years I have played. The high skill, adrenaline rush nature of this tactic was ssssooooo satisfying.
    I fear Kabam ignoring this issue for 5 months is a sign that they will continue to strip away the best tools in our toolbox until there is no longer any joy left in playing at all.
    Prove me wrong, Kabam. Let's get this fixed.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I is more than just backdrafting... The AI response seems to be on steroids. I know that several updates back they increased the “Block Stun” threshold (if blocking, there is a delay before you can drop the block and evade or reapply - this was to try and prevent tapping block to get a parry), but this seem to only be for the player. The AI seems to ignore any time to respond after successfully blocking an attack.

Also, SP3 cutscenes are coming back to the fight screen with the AI a
    Ready dashing and attacking prior to the screen opening. The whole AI reaction seems to be ramped up. I know AIs have a huge advantage already because they don’t have any eye/hand delay, but it seems a little unfair.
  • MΛSSΛCREMΛSSΛCRE Posts: 101
    It’s such a shame, the fact that you punch the AIs block and try to back up to intercept or just reset is a thing of the past. It’s such a huge disappointment. The worst part is that it don’t even feel like a natural game mechanic. It’s like your fighting the glitch from Wreck it Ralph.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Backdraft intercepting isn't as easy to maintain as it was before. I wouldn't say it's broken, Doctor Voodoo still owns the technique:

https://youtu.be/furzz0NCf_M
This discussion has been closed.