**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Batman and Robin: Is Batman Cheating?

So this has been bugging me for months now, and I'd like your opinions on the matter. I've been in the same alliance for at least 3 years, maybe 4, and so has a particular individual I will call Batman. Our alliance is very low key, no real rules, just if you join AQ or AW, see it through to the end. Easy peazy. Starting around January of this year, I started to notice the amount of help requests Batman would put out in a day. It seemed like a lot. Then I started noticing he was constantly online. Like every time I log on, he is logged on as well. Then there was a string of AQ events I started in February, and before I could even join a battlegroup, Batman was already there. He would join literally seconds after I started the quest, and as soon as my loading page cleared up, he is already there and moving through the map. Sometimes it takes Batman a minute or two to join a battlegroup (always BG1, regardless of what map it is), but he is usually first or second to join if he is online...which is almost always when AQs are started. He always takes the exact same champs into AQ (scarlet witch, Ultron, and vision), always follows the same path, and after a while, I started to notice he always lost the exact same amount of health after each fight. He would even use his champs in the exact same order every time an AQ was started (scarlet witch, then Ultron, then vision). And this was the same for AW...always the same attackers, and still to this day the same defenders, which are always placed in the most bizarre spots. At this point, I started to feel like Batman was a robot, because his actions in the game were becoming so predictable. So I started paying more attention to when Batman was online and offline, because I wanted to see exactly how much time he was playing. Well, after a few days, I started noticing weird time discrepancies as to when he was last online and the amount of time it said Batman was offline. For example, it would say Batman has been offline for 3 hours, but it shows that he just ranked up a champion 15 minutes ago. After witnessing this for a few more days, I simply wanted to see if Batman would answer any questions about his quirky gameplay. For the record, I've seen him say 3 things in chat, so I wasn't really expecting an answer. So one day I asked him why he doesn't use his rank 4 5* IMIW in AW...myself and a couple other officers were trying to get him to switch out his Arch Angel for something better. 10 minutes later, who jumps in to the conversation? A new person of interest I will call Robin (I later found out from our leader that Batman is supposedly Robin's father, and Robin had to convince our leader to let Batman back into the alliance after being kicked out for not contributing anything to AQ or AW). Basically, Robin said I should leave Batman alone because he contributes so much to our alliance, and that Robin was all for getting rid of the 'mosquitoes' in the alliance...pretty sure that was directed at me, lol. From this point on, I started taking detailed notes of Batman's gameplay because I was sure something is up after the verbal lashing I got from Robin. Side note: I once asked my alliance how people were using the gifting badge to cheat and guess who answered me? Robin...take that for what it is worth, lol.

Starting on April 4th and ending on June 12th, I began to take screenshots of Batman's profile anytime I would log on to monitor and time stamp when he is online, offline, how many quest fights/PVP fights he has had that day, and any rank ups or node removal times in AQ and AW. Now, I know there are grinders out there who may put up numbers like Batman, but it was all the time discrepancies day in and day out that make me wonder what is going on. So if you're still reading, here's what I found out:

April 4th: Overall rating of 602,898. June 12th: Overall rating of 689,292. Increase of 86,394, or 1252 points/day
April 4th: Quest fights: 48,592. June 12th: Quest fights:54,667. Increase of 6075, or 88 Quest fights/day
April 4th: PVP fights: 79,097. June 12th: PVP fights: 88,697. Increase of 9600, or 139 PVP fights/day

48 out of 69 days during this period, some sort of time discrepancy was witnessed. Here are some of my favorite days:

April 5th: Last seen online at 7:09pm, but at 8:23pm, it said Offline for 8 hours.

April 11th: Online at 3:05pm, but at 3:17pm it said Offline for 3 hours. Later at 6:45pm it said Offline for 6 hours, but Batman had ranked up a 5* Spidey Classic 35 minutes ago.

May 15th: was seen Online at 4:08pm, 4:49pm, and 5:24pm. At 5:25pm, literally while staring at the green Online symbol, it changed to Offline for 4 hours. Was then seen Online at 5:53pm, then at 6:03pm it was back to Offline for 4 hours.

April 19th: my favorite day of them all because of the huge time discrepancy. Was seen Online at 7:46am, 10:36am, 1:45pm, 5:50pm, and 6:57pm. At 7:51pm, it said he had been Offline for 16 HOURS! During the course of the day, Batman racked up 75 quest fights and 265 PVP fights. Definitely the biggest time discrepancy I saw and the most fights I've seen from Batman in 1 day.

I have more days where the times don't match up, so feel free to pick a day and I can tell you what Batman was up to that day, lol. His numbers have been pretty constant up to today (June 29th). Right now he is sitting with an overall rating of 707,261, he has racked up 56,161 quest fights, and racked up 90,953 PVP fights. These numbers will change a bit because Batman is still currently online grinding away in Arenas (he's been on since around 10am, and still on now at 6:28pm).

Sooooo...what do you guys think is going on here? Is this guy cheating somehow, maybe using some sort of autopilot program to grind away on his account? Is he just a normal guy who has over 140,000 PVP and quest fights, but can't seem to make it to a mini boss in AQ or AW without dying (he has been AW MVP 4 times so he must have been good at some point, or was using Mods in war). If he isn't cheating, what is up with all the time discrepancies? Is that a bug in the game that displays the wrong time for people who are online for long periods of time? Like I said at the beginning of this long diatribe, it has been bothering me for quite some time now, and I would really love to hear what the community thinks. I truly despise cheaters in all walks of life, and it just feels to me like Batman is a cheater, maybe a 2nd account for Robin, I don't know! I'd love some input on this topic from everyone. Let me know what you think and let the discussion begin! Thanks for your time!

P.S. Robin was witnessed having similar time discrepancies as Batman, but we can save that for another thread...just thought I'd throw that tidbit of information in at the last second, lol

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    Report if necessary, but do be prepared your alliance could be docked points.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    All the Reading but yes could be cheating dammit Batman should know better.
  • Options
    ChrisdorfChrisdorf Posts: 4

Report if necessary, but do be prepared your alliance could be docked points.

I agree about the point deduction thing, but when I brought it up to our leader that we could be docked points for harboring a cheater, he seemed disinterested, so I kinda hope something like that happens so I can say I was right, lol. Btw, update on Batman's time discrepancy for today...last seen online at 7pm, offline 5hrs at 7:30pm...good times!
  • Options
    AshPikaAshPika Posts: 85
    Rip your fingers mate, you typed so much!
    Getting back on the OP's question, yeah it does looks like he's cheating (or using a bot), if you're suspicious then report it to Kabam (though don't expect them to reply to you with whatever actions they took)
  • Options

Yeah, I’d definitely say he’s cheating, also... this is on a stalker level kind of creepy. Lol

OP should take up job as a private detective lol, i can bet he'll be very successful
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

AshPika said:

Yeah, I’d definitely say he’s cheating, also... this is on a stalker level kind of creepy. Lol

OP should take up job as a private detective lol, i can bet he'll be very successful
    Take any job he clearly has alot of free time
    Lol, completely agree 😂
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Seems like cheating to me, but...

BRUH, kick him and get on with game and normal life, u r spending way too much time trying to decode stuff to which u or anyone doesnt really have any insights except the kabam devs.

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Sounds like with the level of activity...you could use a better alliance lol. Don't know if he's cheating or not.
  • Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    That online/offline thing is not reliable, I've seen my colleague appearing offline when he was online, and online when he wasn't, and he's litteraly seating at the desk in front of me at my job...

Dude, don't want to sound rude but I find your obssession with those people disturbing... You said you despise cheaters and I agree, I'm the same, but I also think this is borderline creepy. Maybe he's a (or they are) cheater(s), or maybe he's just and older dude who spends his days grinding arena and generaly sucks at playing the game, you don't need to win every fights in arena, for all we know he could keep losing his streak and start back at one, you didn't say what kind of arena streak he's got for example. If he's in the hundreds then yes that could be suspicious in regards to his apparent lack of skills in AW/AQ, if not... well, if not now I feel like a creep for asking lol

Also Batman is definitely cheating on Robin, but that's for another time...
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    This is amazing man job, have you considered a career as a reporter/nark?
  • Options

That online/offline thing is not reliable, I've seen my colleague appearing offline when he was online, and online when he wasn't, and he's litteraly seating at the desk in front of me at my job...

Dude, don't want to sound rude but I find your obssession with those people disturbing... You said you despise cheaters and I agree, I'm the same, but I also think this is borderline creepy. Maybe he's a (or they are) cheater(s), or maybe he's just and older dude who spends his days grinding arena and generaly sucks at playing the game, you don't need to win every fights in arena, for all we know he could keep losing his streak and start back at one, you didn't say what kind of arena streak he's got for example. If he's in the hundreds then yes that could be suspicious in regards to his apparent lack of skills in AW/AQ, if not... well, if not now I feel like a creep for asking lol

Agreed, the online/offline times certainly aren't always accurate. Also, why is having a streak in the hundreds suspicious? My best streak in arena is 380. Honestly, it's really not that high in comparison to legitimate, hardcore arena grinders. I've seen streaks upwards of 1k. It's not as uncommon as you'd think. If the streak is upwards of 1.5k on an average player's account, then yeah, something is likely off, lol.

Any of those things listed by the OP on their own wouldn't be caused for concern. All of it together is a little funky. Couldn't say for sure that Batsy has gone criminal on us, but it does sound sketchy. All the same, it's possible he's just a grinder. Hard to say.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★

If the streak is upwards of 1.5k on an average player's account, then yeah, something is likely off, lol.

There was a post showing a Summoner achieving 4k streak and I don't know why it was deleted.
    I think it is likely to be possible because there were 7 days arena duration (e.g. Road to a Million).

I tried to estimate what is possible with this result (using Road to a Million as reference).

Calculation
    75 2-Star heroes (I exclude 1-Star heroes), equals to 25 streaks per round.
    2 hours refresh timing with 4 hours sleep time.
    In 7 days, 25 * 10 rounds per day * 7 = 1,750 streaks.

Let's add unit use to reduce refresh timing by an hour.
    Additional, 25 * 10 rounds per day * 7 = 1,750 streaks.

Total = 3,500.

This won't be an average player's account, but high streaks cannot be ruled out, unless the assumption I made is incorrect.
  • Options
    ChrisdorfChrisdorf Posts: 4

If the streak is upwards of 1.5k on an average player's account, then yeah, something is likely off, lol.

There was a post showing a Summoner achieving 4k streak and I don't know why it was deleted.
    I think it is likely to be possible because there were 7 days arena duration (e.g. Road to a Million).

I tried to estimate what is possible with this result (using Road to a Million as reference).

Calculation
    75 2-Star heroes (I exclude 1-Star heroes), equals to 25 streaks per round.
    2 hours refresh timing with 4 hours sleep time.
    In 7 days, 25 * 10 rounds per day * 7 = 1,750 streaks.

Let's add unit use to reduce refresh timing by an hour.
    Additional, 25 * 10 rounds per day * 7 = 1,750 streaks.

Total = 3,500.

This won't be an average player's account, but high streaks cannot be ruled out, unless the assumption I made is incorrect.
    His highest streak is 84, and it was 66 for the longest time. Starts with 2* champs, then 3* champs, then 4*, then 5*. Don't think he cares about the streak, just turns that autopilot program on and lets it use any and all of his champs til there are no more champs to use, or some have been revived and become available again
  • Options
    KhensiKhensi Posts: 10
    Depend ia no all cheats for example I play this game like 5 hours per day use same caracters,take same route in AQ ( except AW). Ofcurse i no take evrytime same route is depend by enemy i ecounter. And i use same caracters except for AQ restricted. Wen i was 7k rating i was kicked by unfair leaders reason i did 390.000 points in AQ with 3* in map 4 AQ also won war and had 17 wins by using 3* in atak and 9x defence. They though i was cheating and thats why got kicked. Part worst is i never cheat on games online i have 29 years experience gaming i played 391.705 games on me life.
    With respect Serenno.