**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5th 5* Mutant Awakening Gem in a row...

124»

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

OmegaMan said:

Everything about this statement is false.

It’s absolutely not false. You will get what you don’t needs most of the time and it’s by design. That is definitely working as intended
    No. There is no algorithm to give you what you don't want or need. The pool doesn't even access what you have. It generates an outcome with a 1 in 6 chance of pulling any particular Class each time. It doesn't analyze what you have, what you pulled before, who you want to use it on, or any other predictive behavior. It's literally a true RNG because the Drop Rate is the same across the board. 17% at any Class. Every roll.
    Do you work at Kabam? If not then how do you know for sure?
    The people who work for Kabam have stated umpteen times that this is the case. People who are versed in games like this have stated the same. I've said it, others have said it, Kabam Staff have said it.....yet the conspiracy never fails. The reason for that is people will believe what they want to believe. Even if someone showed them the code, they would still not believe it. Some people are just convinced the game is out to get them, and there's no changing their minds.
    I mean how do you know they didn't lie? People lie you know
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    The odds of pulling the same gem 5 straight times is 1/1296.

The odds of pulling (name a specific class) 5 in a row is 1/7776. That’s because there are 6 different ways to pull the same gem 5x.

Considering I pulled an AG out of a greater last stand crystal (1/1000) I’ll just say it happens some.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

OmegaMan said:

It’s absolutely not false. You will get what you don’t needs most of the time and it’s by design. That is definitely working as intended
    No. There is no algorithm to give you what you don't want or need. The pool doesn't even access what you have. It generates an outcome with a 1 in 6 chance of pulling any particular Class each time. It doesn't analyze what you have, what you pulled before, who you want to use it on, or any other predictive behavior. It's literally a true RNG because the Drop Rate is the same across the board. 17% at any Class. Every roll.
    The people who work for Kabam have stated umpteen times that this is the case. People who are versed in games like this have stated the same. I've said it, others have said it, Kabam Staff have said it.....yet the conspiracy never fails. The reason for that is people will believe what they want to believe. Even if someone showed them the code, they would still not believe it. Some people are just convinced the game is out to get them, and there's no changing their minds.
    Everyone that replies with the same logical response is lying? I believe there's a term for that. Lol.
    Drooped2 said:

OmegaMan said:

Yup I was told this has been proven multiple times but nobody has shown me any of these instances.

People do lie all the time
    True I'm not actually saying it is true I am just saying you never truly know

OmegaMan said:

Everyone that replies with the same logical response is lying? I believe there's a term for that. Lol.
    I mean that didn't really answer the question anyway I imagine it is just a conspiracy theory but you never know.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

And yes, they could be lying about it, but you have to think that SOMEONE out there must've had this experience eventually. Its inevitable.

Not anyone in this company has ever lied about anything. Who are you kidding? They are an upright and outstanding company that is honest and transparent. Just ask their customers. They will tell you.

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

Hey Kabam. Are you guys sure there isn't some sort of algorithm that determines which 5* AG you pull? Every 5* AG I've pulled has been a mutant one. What are the odds of that? I've seen other people who've had this issue as well.

*picture below shows 4 5* mutant AGs because I've used one on Sabretooth

There is absolutely 100% algorithms in the game to give you what you don’t need and already have. It’s been proven multiple times.

It’s the way to make money for them. If it’s denied it’s a lie as it’s been proven. The RNG is not RNG is programmed generation
    How would you know? Do you work for Kabam...

Even if the guys said he got 25 mutant 5* awakening gems in a row, you'd still say RNG....
    edited June 2019

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

Hey Kabam. Are you guys sure there isn't some sort of algorithm that determines which 5* AG you pull? Every 5* AG I've pulled has been a mutant one. What are the odds of that? I've seen other people who've had this issue as well.

There is absolutely 100% algorithms in the game to give you what you don’t need and already have. It’s been proven multiple times.

It’s the way to make money for them. If it’s denied it’s a lie as it’s been proven. The RNG is not RNG is programmed generation

Even if the guys said he got 25 mutant 5* awakening gems in a row, you'd still say RNG....
    People could pull one of each Class but the one they need and still say Kabam is keeping it from them. The argument about not working for them doesn't make the conspiracy true. That's just an open-ended question that can't be answered, and all it does is perpetuate suspicion.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

People could pull one of each Class but the one they need and still say Kabam is keeping it from them. The argument about not working for them doesn't make the conspiracy true. That's just an open-ended question that can't be answered, and all it does is perpetuate suspicion.
    Right. But like I said, you would still claim RNG if he got 25 mutant 5* awakening in a row right?

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

Right. But like I said, you would still claim RNG if he got 25 mutant 5* awakening in a row right?
    I would claim RNG because that's exactly what it is. RNG. Not semi-intelligent algorithms that instantaneously scan your Inventory and Roster, and then generate an outcome based on what you don't need. One algorithm, 6 outcomes, equal chance at each.

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

I would claim RNG because that's exactly what it is. RNG. Not semi-intelligent algorithms that instantaneously scan your Inventory and Roster, and then generate an outcome based on what you don't need. One algorithm, 6 outcomes, equal chance at each.
    In all fairness if it were 25 in a row id call BS. Theres a point where it becomes ridiculous, but as long a massive majority of people arent all having that same insane result (like pulling 5 of the same Gem in a row), I claim RNG.

Yes, I for once side with GW.
    I agree, that example would raise a flag. However, that's an extreme example. I'm also inclined to look at all pulls, not individual ones. If every person pulled the same Class, that would be an alarm, since there aren't separate algorithms for each person.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    At least you're not like me with 4 Mystic gems. Only one good champ in over two years in that class. Just terrible. Every gem/rift I open fills me with dread that I'll pull another one.
    Drooped2 said:

OmegaMan said:

Snizzbar said:

There's a huge difference between saying something isn't true randomness, and saying that the algorithms actively look at your account and duplicate the AGs you already have...

If it’s not random then it’s programmed. It’s one of the other and it’s not true randomness.
    According to you with no proof or reasoning to support it.
    But its factual because you said it.
    Lol this thread amuses me that you cant prove anything but claim it with such authority to be true
    You do know that you can't prove that they don't weight the pulls too, right?

Whats the point of attacking someone because you think something different from him on a topic that no one can literally know the truth on?

OmegaMan said:

I mean that didn't really answer the question anyway I imagine it is just a conspiracy theory but you never know.

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

Actually yes while very extremely rare it could happen.

OmegaMan said:

OmegaMan said:

TO_Beatz said:

Actually yes while very extremely rare it could happen.
    In the sense of what's possible, yes. It is possible people are lying. Anything is possible. Do I think that's the case? No, not at all.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

OmegaMan said:

Snizzbar said:

There's a huge difference between saying something isn't true randomness, and saying that the algorithms actively look at your account and duplicate the AGs you already have...

If it’s not random then it’s programmed. It’s one of the other and it’s not true randomness.
    Lol this thread amuses me that you cant prove anything but claim it with such authority to be true

Whats the point of attacking someone because you think something different from him on a topic that no one can literally know the truth on?
    Sigh 100th time burden of proof on the accuser I dont need to prove it. He made an accusation.
    You've claimed that it's not weighted without proof. It's literally the same argument.

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

OmegaMan said:

Snizzbar said:

Sigh 100th time burden of proof on the accuser I dont need to prove it. He made an accusation.
    You've claimed that it's not weighted without proof. It's literally the same argument.

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

OmegaMan said:

Snizzbar said:

To be fair, all evidence points to a range of situations that contradict the suspicion. Some people get exactly what they need, some a range, some multiples, some nothing they can use, and everything in between. That, plus statements made by us, Kabam, other Players who have experience with programming, and anyone else not in agreement with the theory suggest things are working as intended. If someone is making an accusation, it's their responsibility to provide evidence to the contrary. Not for people who accept what official comments state. In fact, if people don't believe Kabam themselves, they're not going to believe other Players.
    No one knows for sure. Attacking one side or acting like you know what's happening for sure just makes you a hypocrite.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I feel your pain 4 Awakening gem crystals and guess what 4 science I have no science to awaken that are worth anything. I don't care what people say I'm here there's definitely some kind of algorithm to give you the exact stuff you don't need in this game.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    I’ve gotten 3 mutants in a row which is trash.