**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Acid Wash and Archangel

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
I have a question here. Is Neurotoxin not considered a poison passive? When NT is active but poison itself is not, the enemies on Acid Wash are taking reduced damage as though there is no poison on it. That doesn't make sense to me-it's a neurotoxin, which is literally a type of poison in the real world. Shouldn't this count?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    In-game logic ≠ IRL logic.
    Not many champs have a "passive" posion and AAs is a debuff poison instead of a passive poison
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Hey Show me.
    I think NT is a passive effect so it won't count for the poison debuff.
    I can't remember how the node is written, it might be written as a poison debuff needed.
    But AA probably isn't a very good option for that path.
    Voodoo all day long.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    There are already other threads on this, you can search them.
    Basically Neurotoxin is not a poison effect. There are no passive poisons in the game yet, only passive bleeds.
    If in the future someone gets a passive poison, then it will work on the node
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Stewman said:

Hey Show me.
    I can't remember how the node is written, it might be written as a poison debuff needed.
    Voodoo all day long.

Read Acid Wash's node.

It says 'passive poison' and 'poison debuffs'.

So...NT should count, but it doesn't.

It's a neuro'toxin'. Toxins are poisons. Why isn't this working?

Also, while Voodoo is nice, what is NOT is Mystic Ward Red Skull.
    YoMoves said:

Stewman said:

Hey Show me.
    Voodoo all day long.

Read Acid Wash's node.

Not really. Neurotoxin is a passive damage over time ability, that deals direct damage. It doest deal poison damage and is not associated with poison, although you need to poison the enemy in order to apply it
    Neuro'TOXIN'.

I'm saying while it isn't, it really SHOULD be.

A neurotoxin is a poison, after all.
    Maybe in real life, but not in this game. At least is not considered a poison or deal any poison damage
    And that's what's wrong.
    It is not ... Just disregard what you think you know about it in real life
    You...seem to have missed the point completely.

Counterpoint: Spirit Venom. Nowhere does it say the word 'poison'. Yet the game has decided it is a poison. So tell me why Neurotoxin is or should be different?
    Doctor Voodoo's spotlight: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-doctor-voodoo/

"Special 1

50% chance to Envenom each of the opponent’s Buffs, Nullifying it, and applying a Poison dealing 255% of your Attack as Direct Damage over 20 seconds."

----

Archangel spotlight: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-archangel/

"Neurotoxin – Passive

- Neurotoxins are a Passive effect, and therefore do not count as either a Debuff, or a Poison."

Just by the wording, you should have already figured it out.
    Now replace the word "neurotoxin" for something else that doesn't have a connection to poison. And there you have it, no reason for it to cause poison damage or be misleading for a poison.
    And yet, you fell into your own trap again.

Just because that's what it IS doesn't mean it's RIGHT. If you're going to call it NeuroTOXIN, then MAKE IT A POISON. Hello? I have been making this point the entire time and you keep saying 'no because this is what it is' I KNOW what it is. I'm saying it should be something else instead.

Make it a passive poison effect. NT's can't be applied if the enemy is poison immune anyways. Is it that hard a change to make the effect work more like its description?
    It IS working as it is described. You just want a change to it. A "nerf" lets say that, because it would become worse in any other scenario besides fightning against that node.
    You are making wrong assumptions. Just ignore what you know about in real life, since your logic doesn't apply here. Simply saying, Neurotoxin is different than a Poison. Poison deals poison damage, and Neurotoxin deals direct damage.
    They are different abilities, meaning they are not equal. Therefore they work differently. I mean, there is a reason why they are different things in real life, why not make them different here as well?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I do that path with Voodoo have zero issue with Red Skull with mystic ward.
    YoMoves said:

Stewman said:

Hey Show me.
    Voodoo all day long.

Read Acid Wash's node.

Despite mystic ward I haven't had any issue ko'ing Red Skull with Voodoo

That's actually my favorite variation, because I get to run my normal map 6 team.
    Voodoo Blade and GR
    edited July 2019

It IS working as it is described. You just want a change to it. A "nerf" lets say that, because it would become worse in any other scenario besides fightning against that node.
    You are making wrong assumptions. Just ignore what you know about in real life, since your logic doesn't apply here. Simply saying, Neurotoxin is different than a Poison. Poison deals poison damage, and Neurotoxin deals direct damage.
    They are different abilities, meaning they are not equal. Therefore they work differently. I mean, there is a reason why they are different things in real life, why not make them different here as well?

....in real life, a neurotoxin is classified as a type of poison.....and poison ALSO deals direct damage...

Moreover, why would it be worse in every situation otherwise? You can't apply NT without Poison anyways, so what exactly is the difference? I didn't say make it a debuff. Keep it passive.
    Enemies/nodes/abilities that interact with poison or poison damage would interact with Neurotoxin as well, when currently it doesnt. So for example, champions like Karnak or Diablo would take less damage from Neurotoxin, and other nodes would be affected as well (negatively)