**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Too fast AI recovery speed (specials getting blocked): gifs provided [UNDER INVESTIGATION]

GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Yellowjacket:
2t2j7k381adz.gif
wmcnq4t5f0kt.gif
h0ssafg86wfw.gif
Iron Man:
nw94ofvlxkl7.gif
Spider-Man (Symbiote):
xk90n8470os1.gif

Device: Moto G5 Plus
Android 7.0 (Security Patch Level: 1st March 2017)
Latest game version (14.1.1)
Problem noticed in Arena after reaching infinite streak (happens in quests too sometimes)

How to replicate: Fight any champ having the infinite steak AI with the above champs and perform a special attack after a MLLLM combo
Note: These champs are sometimes able to connect their special attacks after a MLLLM combo but if you keep testing, you are bound to see some of the specials blocked (especially with YJ L1)
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I think that has to do with the difficulty of the AI. This happens when you fight end bosses also. I sort of expect the AI to get harder, with this though. I play on a google phone.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    edited August 2017
    Preach! This increased AI speed is causing all kinds of problems they say they're working on. It is not the right way to increase difficulty. Some people are saying it's frame rate lag, but if the visuals can't keep up with the play, you must decrease the play speed. It's ridiculous that this is still an issue
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I think that has to do with the difficulty of the AI. This happens when you fight end bosses also. I sort of expect the AI to get harder, with this though. I play on a google phone.

Except that the arena AI isn't difficult at all (and I don't face this issue against bosses at all. This sometimes crops up in quests as well but that's in random fights and not against bosses specifically)
    Interesting thing is that I never faced these issues on my old phone which was cheap and had **** graphics (Ultron looked like a plastic model and didn't "shine", Dorm did not have smoke or embers, etc)
    All of this (i.e. specials getting blocked, swipes not registering, etc) occurs only on my new device
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    I wish I knew how to make Gifs to show the same problems.

There are several apps available on Google Play which you can use to convert videos to gifs. You can try those.
    There are also websites which convert videos to gifs
    I am using DU Screen Recorder (available on Google Play) to record gameplay and that has these options in-built
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Except that the arena AI isn't difficult at all (and I don't face this issue against bosses at all. This sometimes crops up in quests as well but that's in random fights and not against bosses specifically)

First let me say this: I'm not saying that they should be able to block combos but the AI difficulty after match 15 picks up
    Thawnim wrote: »

First let me say this: I'm not saying that they should be able to block combos but the AI difficulty after match 15 picks up

I don't notice that much of a difference ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Actually, the 10-15 fights are kinda harder for me since the AI is very passive and tends to store power till L3
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

Actually, the 10-15 fights are kinda harder for me since the AI is very passive and tends to store power till L3

Fights 10-15 for sure are tough to bait them to use their power before s3. I've started to only use power drainers there. But after match 15 the AI just seems more aggressive than they are prior to it.
    edited August 2017

But after match 15 the AI just seems more aggressive than they are prior to it.
    That kinda makes things easier for me since I don't have to bait specials much or wait for a parry and keep intercepting their dash for quick damage. You just need to get into the rhythm of the fight and then it's extremely easy
  • Wased5678Wased5678 Posts: 11
    The AI always had a chance to block an SP after a 5 hit combo. Thats why i always do MLLL-SP... you cant expect them to make it too easy for you
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    Is anyone noticing the AI can hit you immediately after you finish a combo. The same way as if you had missed the combo? I keep getting hit by this...sometimes it's one hit, but the other day in AQ the AI was able to retaliate with a 5 hit combo essentially before I had time to finish my combo or block.
    Signum wrote: »
    Is anyone noticing the AI can hit you immediately after you finish a combo. The same way as if you had missed the combo? I keep getting hit by this...sometimes it's one hit, but the other day in AQ the AI was able to retaliate with a 5 hit combo essentially before I had time to finish my combo or block.

Yup. AI attacks back faster than you can put up your block. Doesn't matter if you end combo with 5 or 4 hits
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. The team is currently still working on improvements for chaining combos into Specials, and will hopefully have an update ready for us shortly. Thanks for your patience!

This is starting look like a mantra

It is the mantra. But the mods have no control over the fixes. As long as they keep us up to date on where it stands I'm happy and they are providing support. Even if the news is "still working, don't have a fix yet" at least we know that it hasn't been forgotten about.

So thanks for the update wolf.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    We keep hearing the same cut and pasted excuses that '... the game team is continuing to work on improvements...' but every patch it gets worse. Even if they claim to fix something in a patch it's only marginally better and never fixed completely. Double dash back is broken still/again/whatever.
    Thank you @GbSarkar for recording this!
    edited August 2017
    Did you all notice how YJ's beams were already THROUGH groot and hitting the ground behind him before his guard even went up??? This isn't too fast recovery, it's lag in registering the hit! Just like when you parry and get creamed because the game lags and doesn't even acknowledge the input!
  • Luismarquez131Luismarquez131 Posts: 164
    Yellowjacket:
    2t2j7k381adz.gif
    wmcnq4t5f0kt.gif
    h0ssafg86wfw.gif
    Iron Man:
    nw94ofvlxkl7.gif
    Spider-Man (Symbiote):
    xk90n8470os1.gif

Device: Moto G5 Plus
    Android 7.0 (Security Patch Level: 1st March 2017)
    Latest game version (14.1.1)
    Problem noticed in Arena after reaching infinite streak (happens in quests too sometimes)

How to replicate: Fight any champ having the infinite steak AI with the above champs and perform a special attack after a MLLLM combo
    Note: These champs are sometimes able to connect their special attacks after a MLLLM combo but if you keep testing, you are bound to see some of the specials blocked (especially with YJ L1)

@GbSarkar, I have the same phone. Is this just happening in the arena? Because this might not make me want to do it.
    It happens in any area of the game but especially advanced content or when the AI is just super hyped which happens in arena every so often.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. The team is currently still working on improvements for chaining combos into Specials, and will hopefully have an update ready for us shortly. Thanks for your patience!

This is starting look like a mantra

It is the mantra. But the mods have no control over the fixes. As long as they keep us up to date on where it stands I'm happy and they are providing support. Even if the news is "still working, don't have a fix yet" at least we know that it hasn't been forgotten about.

So thanks for the update wolf.

Its basically a generic response. When the beta fiasco happened they said the same thing but nothing happened. Hopefully things get sorted out soon.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    iPhone 7
    @Kabam Wolf

Happens in AQ map5. Not just the issue above either. I've also had numerous enemies, including symbioids, be able to block immediately after their full 4-5 hit combo. No room to which we can retaliate.

Classify this as harder Ai, but it's been known for so long now that it's impossible for us to do the same.
  • I think it is one of those you are just going to have to get used to.

Once you get past the easy fights from 15 to 20 in arena the fights are all duels and you can rarely use specials in any of those fights.

But I have noticed it happening in boss fights in quests and also some fights in 1-15 arena. Yes it is usually after a 5 hit combo, but not always.

The one that ALWAYS gets you is the insta heavy, and the heavy or SP as soon as you dash across. Very clever, but also a bit devious and callous
    I think it is one of those you are just going to have to get used to.

Once you get past the easy fights from 15 to 20 in arena the fights are all duels and you can rarely use specials in any of those fights.

But I have noticed it happening in boss fights in quests and also some fights in 1-15 arena. Yes it is usually after a 5 hit combo, but not always.

The one that ALWAYS gets you is the insta heavy, and the heavy or SP as soon as you dash across. Very clever, but also a bit devious and callous

You heard it right here everyone - just going to have to get used to the game cheating. Thanks for the help Billy Bob, we can all rest easy now.
This discussion has been closed.