**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are all OG females black cords in capoeira?

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
I mean... I get BW... but the others?

C'mon, everyone sing with me!

Paranaue, paranaue, parana

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    The light attacks are taekwondo, mediums are definitely capoeira and heavy could go either way; however, since it starts with a ginga, I'm inclined to think it's the latter.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Those are some characters that were introducing in the beginning of the game (apart from Black Widow, which was introduced some months later).
    The animation on those old champions was almost the same at that time. Only after introducing a couple other characters that the team started to create new gameplay animations
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH

I'm talking about the females.
    Here is a list of techniques for capoeira:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capoeira_techniques

Variation of 1st medium:

Variations of 2nd medium:

Real life version of heavy:

Taekwondo light kicks:

Sidenote:

Tekken does a very good job of encompassing the disciplines with Eddy and Christy for capoeira and Baek and Hwoarang for taekwondo.
    Also, taekwondo has a kick like their heavy, but it's a double kick in the air.

And again, the ginga at the start says capoeira.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    the explanation is that back when the game launched Kabam had a small staff, from what I read, and so that's why a lot of early characters have very similar animations and even very similar looking character models (female, male, bigger male (Colossus, Drax), biggest male(Hulk, Abomination) plus skinny male for Spidey.) and why there's only about 6 victory animations between the earliest characters. It actually annoys the snot out of me to see characters reusing the generic male victory animation of Cap/IM/Star-Lord/IP/SIM after all these years and the much better ones we've had since.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    They must have been watching the Bob's Burgers episode with Capoeira as they were designing some moves 😀😀😀

They must have been watching the Bob's Burgers episode with Capoeira as they were designing some moves 😀😀😀

I like to think they're Only the Strong fans.

the explanation is that back when the game launched Kabam had a small staff, from what I read, and so that's why a lot of early characters have very similar animations and even very similar looking character models (female, male, bigger male (Colossus, Drax), biggest male(Hulk, Abomination) plus skinny male for Spidey.) and why there's only about 6 victory animations between the earliest characters. It actually annoys the snot out of me to see characters reusing the generic male victory animation of Cap/IM/Star-Lord/IP/SIM after all these years and the much better ones we've had since.

Yeah, I know. Just seems an odd set of moves for generic attacks.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    @Hamin sorry that this is irrelevant to the discussion, but did your “a summoner and his champions” get cancelled?
    @Moot4Life yes. The network pulled the plug.