**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost yay or nay?

TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 5,016 ★★★★★
So i got a 6 unduped ghost at r1 and a 5* unduped ghost at r1 but i got tech AG and about 60 sig stones and rank up materials to take her right to r5. So what to do? Not to sure how neccessary the dupe is.

Ghost yay or nay? 107 votes

R2 undupe 6*
66%
GamerTheTAbyssRaganatorKDoggg2017FallencircusManup456adqqedfyvrphillgreenDarkrider05Jim0172Lvernon15OrcDovahkiinCliffordcanDuke_SilverOmegaManAantho[Deleted User]TheHeroDeservedIDogeAckataBG 71 votes
Awaken and r5 5*
26%
danielmathSeverus35MarzGrooveOesername123Foxhero007SamdroxtaarStingerbkAhitlawRiggs_97JyotishkaDankestChefKillerRino19Stagedear85JakearoundChelseaFCMathking13MC2707SmibsismiGodfatherspieArsoz 28 votes
Let em both rot down in the barn
7%
xNigCrkwestSpity68AlCapone2727Sixshot1Savio444Kobster84Kaladin_ 8 votes

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    R2 undupe 6*

Wow. Did not think it be that one sided. So her dupe is pretty much useless or just not needed?

It helps launch more Specials, so more damage, but she can do everything without that, just slightly less SP attacks.

Fyi: I’m not a Ghost Pro. I have an undupped R4 and have been practicing with a lot.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    R2 undupe 6*

Wow. Did not think it be that one sided. So her dupe is pretty much useless or just not needed?

It is useful for some higher level power control stuff—just not needed for most stuff. I personally like it just because I can get to special 2s faster.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Awaken and r5 5*

Ahitlaw said:

R5 and dupe that 5*! Starting with phase is amazing and the extra power helps so much! U can r2 that 6* later

Yeah i am more tempted to do it. Would be Nice if more people could put a reason behind there vote. Would most like to heqr from people who got her duped already how good they feel it is.
    Mine is duped at R4. The dupe really does make a difference,my opinion definitely still stands. That 5* is worth it.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    R2 undupe 6*
    The awakened ability is good, no doubt. But it's not absolutely necessary, she's good enough without it. The 6* will take you through everything for years, there will be a time when 5 stars will become less and less relevant.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    R2 the 6* one.

From a longevity point of view, your 6* one holds more value.

Not to mention she’s not a good defender so in the eventuality that 5*5s get phased out, you can’t even use her as a defender. So the 5* one is essentially useless.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Awaken and r5 5*
    Definitely rank 5 the 5*. We're far away from 6* being the norm and during that time, a rank 5 ghost would have helped you tremendously along the way.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    R2 undupe 6*
    Looks like you've already made up your mind. What's the point of the poll then? It's your account do whatever you feel right but let me tell you this. The difference with the awakened ability is not that noticable. It's a good ability but she's almost the same power level without it.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    R2 undupe 6*
    As the owner of a duped R5 Ghost, I used my tech gem on her and took her to R4 the day I pulled her. I had buyers remorse for about a month.
    Ghost is an acquired taste. Her playstyle requires timing you only get with practice. Lots of practice. Once I mastered her tho, she is my go to over sig 200 Omega, 4/55 Corvus, 5/65 Blade and my R1 6* Corvus.
    My advice? Don't rank her up until you're comfortable enough with her that you no longer need to ask the opinion of others on a forum. (That's is fine for other champs but Ghost and Quake require unique familiarity). Just my two cents.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    R2 undupe 6*

As the owner of a duped R5 Ghost, I used my tech gem on her and took her to R4 the day I pulled her. I had buyers remorse for about a month.
    Ghost is an acquired taste. Her playstyle requires timing you only get with practice. Lots of practice. Once I mastered her tho, she is my go to over sig 200 Omega, 4/55 Corvus, 5/65 Blade and my R1 6* Corvus.
    My advice? Don't rank her up until you're comfortable enough with her that you no longer need to ask the opinion of others on a forum. (That's is fine for other champs but Ghost and Quake require unique familiarity). Just my two cents.

Im asking for opinion on her dupe... i know very well how to play her thank you very much
    Didn't intend to ruffle feathers. The dupe gives you 2% power per miss. At max sig it gives you 5%.
    My point was that I regretted using my tech gem on her (and ranking her up) until I developed enough skill to stack misses properly.
    Ghost is unique and I know very skilled players who don't like her. My advice was good intentioned. Ghost and Quake are the 2 champs that nobody can tell a player what that experience will be like.
    Glad to hear you have mastered Ghost. Good luck!
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    R2 undupe 6*
    6 stars are the future
    She’s doesn’t really need the dupe.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Awaken and r5 5*
    xNig said:

R2 the 6* one.

From a longevity point of view, your 6* one holds more value.

Not to mention she’s not a good defender so in the eventuality that 5*5s get phased out, you can’t even use her as a defender. So the 5* one is essentially useless.

A 5* ghost being useless...come on man,use that gem and rank that 5* :) you can r2 that ghost later (before 5*s are useless) lol
  • CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    R2 undupe 6*

Im asking for opinion on her dupe... i know very well how to play her thank you very much
    If you know very well how to play with her, then you should know that she deserves to be ranked up even unduped. Kdogg is right, you shouldn't use a gem on her until you've pretty much mastered her, and again, I have a hard time believing you've mastered her yet haven't ranked her up.

But to answer your question, I had a duped 4* Ghost first before pulling an unduped 5* Ghost, and after using both of them, I took my 5* to r4 unduped and never use the duped 4* anymore and have no regrets.
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

R2 the 6* one.From a longevity point of view, your 6* one holds more value.

A 5* ghost being useless...come on man,use that gem and rank that 5* :) you can r2 that ghost later (before 5*s are useless) lol

So use 2 T5B on the 5*, then spend 3 more T5B on the 6* while having no use for the 5*. No wonder there are people complaining about having not enough rank up materials.

R2 undupe 6*

If you know very well how to play with her, then you should know that she deserves to be ranked up even unduped. Kdogg is right, you shouldn't use a gem on her until you've pretty much mastered her, and again, I have a hard time believing you've mastered her yet haven't ranked her up.

But to answer your question, I had a duped 4* Ghost first before pulling an unduped 5* Ghost, and after using both of them, I took my 5* to r4 unduped and never use the duped 4* anymore and have no regrets.
    I havent ranked her up because of something called prestige. You may have heard of it. Dont assume ****
    The only thing I'm assuming (and at this point it looks to be more fact than assumption based on how you react to others trying to give you advice based in their own personal experience) is that you're a cocky douche who would rather ask random people (aka brag post) about something that could be answered if you took 2 seconds to search for info about Ghost in your own (perfect example would be Seatin's breakdown video(s) of said champ).
    R2 undupe 6*

I havent ranked her up because of something called prestige. You may have heard of it. Dont assume ****
    The only thing I'm assuming (and it's more like fact instead of assumption based on how you talk to people trying to give you advice based on their own experience) is that you're too lazy to research a champ yourself, so you make a brag post asking about something you could get the answer to from Seatin's Ghost breakdown video.

57 people said to rank 6*, only one of them said he was voting that way because of the future, several people have said she doesn't have to have the dupe, yet because 1 out of 85 people mentioned 6* being the future, you're going against what over 2/3 of the people have voted for.

The fact that you would rather waste the resources on a 5* over a 6* (not to mention an awakening gem) for a slight power gain blows my mind, but hey, it's your world, we just live in it.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    R2 undupe 6*
    This is not a StarLord we're talking about here, who's wholly reliant on his dupe to kick ass. That's the only time I'd ever rank up a 5* over a 6*, when their sig ability unlocks what makes the champ great. Ghost is still a powerhouse without the dupe.
    Believe me, you think you'll use both once they're both ranked up but you won't.
    Ranking up a 6* over a 5* because they will be of better use in the immediate present despite the sig ability not being necessary is impractical tbh.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Awaken and r5 5*
    Her sig ability makes a huge difference. Awaken the 5* and rank her up. That “slight power gain” helps end fights quicker. For fights where you can’t attack in to champs for a certain amount of time or have to limit combos like against Medusa, korg and most evade champs the “slight power gain” helps a lot. just the ability to cycle specials faster is good enough to use the ag
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Awaken and r5 5*

And mines only sig 60.